TD on Tape

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

was never a fan of tape cassettes. I don't believe I ever bought a single pre-recorded cassette, though I used to do lots of compilation tapes for the car.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Chris Monk wrote:was never a fan of tape cassettes. I don't believe I ever bought a single pre-recorded cassette, though I used to do lots of compilation tapes for the car.
.. as did I.

I had to have a clear out before we moved here and as the car has CD only, I had to throw a lot of cassettes out. I kept all the decent ones though, including a quantity of TDK metal's with metal framed shells..

Being honest, I have a three head Denon machine from the late eighties and it's had only a few hours use in the last ten years.
Last edited by DSJR on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

What About Sony Blink Cassettes Tapes I Hear Are Still Good & Still Making Them.
Some Time I Re-recorder them off to the CD on too the Tape I’ll Staring Plan too put it on Cassettes Format For MFD.
On Second Thought I’ll do it Right Now I’ll Keep Post it on Forum Later on.

:D :wink: :arrow: :idea:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DSJR wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:was never a fan of tape cassettes. I don't believe I ever bought a single pre-recorded cassette, though I used to do lots of compilation tapes for the car.
.. as did I.

I had to have a clear out before we moved here and as the car has CD only, I had to through a lot of cassettes out. I kept all the decent ones though, including a quantity of TDK metal's with metal framed shells..

Being honest, I have a three head Denon machine from the late eighties and it's had only a few hours use in the last ten years.
I've got a dual cassette player and I don't believe I've ever used it. Don't really have a need these days.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Made Copy of Madcap’s Flaming Duty on Cassettes Tape. :D :wink: :idea:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Post by boruncy »

was never a particular fan of tape but did purchase a few TD ones to play in the car namely Ricochet, Force Majeure and Rubycon.
Ode To Granny A
jacob

Post by jacob »

I got my Miracle Mile cassette today... completely as new. :)

And the music is good, too.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

The first TD album that I bought was the Phaedra gatefold vinyl. Most of the 80s stuff had been recorded from tape, by my friend's Dad, in Dolby C. Albums like Tangram, Force Majeure, and Hyperborea. My first CD of TD's was the Near Dark soundtrack. I bought that the same day that I rented the movie, 20 years ago (almost to the day). I bought Risky Business, Optical Race, Miracle Mile and Shy People on cassette. All have been replaced on CD.

Incidentally, it was Optical Race that almost caused me to stop listening to TD. It certainly helped a period of apathy toward releases.

It wouldn't be until 1997 that I started my main collection. Then, going to see the Phaedra 2005 gig as my inaugural TD gig.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I never bought any TD tapes. But throughout the 80's I bought almost exclusively tapes. I gave the vast majority away to freinds a while back. I don't like the buggers and have on too many occasions had to throw out a worn or chewed one. Also the sound quality on some was diabolical. Especially warner bros. cassetes.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I've just had a clear out. The bin got em all.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

would you believe that I still listen to music via tapes, in a 2003-bought sony walkman?
I talk about many tapes, dubbed from vinyl and cd's, mostly with 90% TD stuff, as you may imagine, that I enjoy during my many intercity travels....
.....and I remember during one travel, across of me was a guy who tried to impress a girl beside him, with his brand new :P apple ipod :mrgreen: ...and I was thinking "you wouldn't believe what I got" :twisted:
-one good friend of mine call me "the last man standing" because of this:lol:
In tape sound's defense, I believe that a good dubbed cassette holds it's own still very well.....and sometimes digital sound tires me over headphones you know..... :roll:
Last edited by whiteeagle on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
jacob

Post by jacob »

whiteeagle wrote:would you believe that I still listen to music via tapes, in a 2003-bought sony walkman?
I talk about many tapes, dubbed from vinyl and cd's, mostly with 90% TD stuff, as you may imagine,
.....and I remember during one travel, across of me was a guy who tried to impress a girl beside him, with his brand new :P apple ipod :mrgreen: ...and I was thinking "you wouldn't believe what I got" :twisted:
-one good friend of mine call me "the last man standing" because of this:lol:
In tape sound's defense, I believe that a good dubbed cassette holds it's own still very well.....and sometimes digital sound tires me over headphones you know..... :roll:
Excellent post! :D

A Chromedioxide tape recorded in Dolby S MPX Filter kicks the snot out of a "high res" mp3 file.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

A Chromedioxide tape recorded in Dolby S MPX Filter kicks the snot out of a "high res" mp3 file.
......really, thanks, so imagine how tiring is listening to mp3's compressed in 128 kbps -below that is much worser.
Also, many 1GB usb players are around 20 euros these days,and they are 1/4 the size of my tape walkman...... but I still resist to buy them :twisted:
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
jacob

Post by jacob »

whiteeagle wrote:
......really, thanks, so imagine how tiring is listening to mp3's compressed in 128 kbps -below that is much worser.
Also, many 1GB usb players are around 20 euros these days,and they are 1/4 the size of my tape walkman...... but I still resist to buy them :twisted:
I like you Nikos! :D
exit81

Post by exit81 »

The first TD album I bought was Logos on cassette, from the sadly now gone Penny Lane in Chester. Still got it too!