SUMMER IN NAGASAKI

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:I was intrigued to see they're using hardware sequencers in Frankfurt, and wonder whether what we're hearing is anything to do with them.
I thought exactly the same. It does appear that the mighty TD have rediscovered their love of the sequencer, may be these new sequencers, and their easy of use, are something to do with it.

.....I also notice that the didn'y buy the Klaus Schulze signature model. :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
billythefish wrote:I was intrigued to see they're using hardware sequencers in Frankfurt, and wonder whether what we're hearing is anything to do with them.
I thought exactly the same. It does appear that the mighty TD have rediscovered their love of the sequencer, may be these new sequencers, and their easy of use, are something to do with it.

.....I also notice that the didn'y buy the Klaus Schulze signature model. :wink:
Indeed they use a lot of sequences again these days, I like that. Just hear the EP's and you will hear that. Maybe Edgar is going back to his youth again. :lol:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Ok, I'm very late with this. I finally bought this CD (along with Autumn) on Saturday. What a stunning piece of work it is! Thanks to those that recommend that I buy after being fairly underwhelmed by Springtime. :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

Just listened to this one again and what I said of the Springtime is also the case with the Summertime. It grows and grows. Now I am convinced about the two albums. Don't have the third one. But that won't take too long, I guess.
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

I'm glad someone else resurrected this as I too have only just got Springtime and Summer (I deliberately avoided Autumn so I had some new music to hear at the show just like the good old days).

I don't know why I didn't get these when they came out, whether it was the fact they were commissioned, part of a 5 part series (memories of Dante!) or the fact there was so much being released at the time, but I'm certainly glad I did now.

I love them both, but I think Persistence of Memory Pts I-III issome of the best and most original music TD have ever done. If it didn't have TD on the cover I would never have guessed it was them - the subdued dance beat at the start of PtI, the gently ambience of Pt II (reminds me of Paul McCartney's Fireman project) with the snippet of classical music (Beethoven's 6th?), the beautiful interplay between piano and guitar at the end and the triumphant rush of PtIII coming in - sublime!

Can't wait to get paid now so I can get Autumn and Falling Angels.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Six By Nine wrote: with the snippet of classical music (Beethoven's 6th?)
it's "Spring" from Vivaldi's Four Seasons :)
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Six By Nine wrote: Can't wait to get paid now so I can get Autumn and Falling Angels.
Both essential purchases :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

wayfarer wrote:
Six By Nine wrote: Can't wait to get paid now so I can get Autumn and Falling Angels.
Both essential purchases :D
Not to my wife. She will give me a veto. :D
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Michael66 wrote:
Six By Nine wrote: with the snippet of classical music (Beethoven's 6th?)
it's "Spring" from Vivaldi's Four Seasons :)
Of course - thanks! I knew it was something with spring connotations, should have gone for the obvious one!
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

I just noticed that the last note at the end of 'Summer in Nagasaki' is the same as the first note in 'Springtime in Nagasaki'! Fascinating information I know!!!!!???
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

TangFanIRL wrote:I just noticed that the last note at the end of 'Summer in Nagasaki' is the same as the first note in 'Springtime in Nagasaki'! Fascinating information I know!!!!!???
You been listening to those quiz snippets again :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.