SUMMER IN NAGASAKI

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I’ve been living with Summer in Nagasaki for over a month now and have totally fallen in love with it. I wasn’t expecting too much from this CD since we’d so recently had Spring in Nagasaki and Sleeping Watches, two outstanding slices of Tangerine Dreaminess.

Stand out tracks for me are Climbing Mount Inasa, Ayumi’s Butterflies and 11:02 AM, with 11:02 AM the pick of the bunch. It perfectly captures images of a bustling far-Eastern city waking for the day before there is a rumble of an approaching bomber, a pause ….and then the horror of the A bomb detonating. All perfectly done and not too overdramatic.

It certainly appears that TD have entered a real purple-patch of productivity. I wonder how much of this is due to the reappearance of the enigmatic Christian Gstettner.

….Oh and can we have the cover on a T-shirt please.

chris, its a total pleasure to see you here posting again

bm vanishes :arrow:
Many thanks BM.

,,,...music of this quality is worthy of high praise. It'd be churlish not to post.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

hi Chris,

The moogster is right! Summer In Nagasaki is an impressive piece of EM, Ayumi's Butterflies prooves that Edgar can still punch out a catchy tune when he wants too, 11.02 am is the best musical interpretation of a nuke going up. Atmospheric, gut churning stuff, you feel like you were there witnessing it!!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

I just got wind of this and it is quite good, and as I'm typing this reply it is playing right at the helm.........!!!!

Okay then!!
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

The track that plays on the website is simply brilliant........ very cool indeed!!!
hansx

Post by hansx »

Have it finally. Heard it a few times. It sounds better than the Springtime, but it is not "the one".
For me it is all too quiet and slow. Some more sequences than the first, but not enough. It won't be in my top ten. But who knows after a dozen times listening. Of course that will be difficult with all those new releases. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:Have it finally. Heard it a few times. It sounds better than the Springtime, but it is not "the one".
For me it is all too quiet and slow. Some more sequences than the first, but not enough. It won't be in my top ten. But who knows after a dozen times listening. Of course that will be difficult with all those new releases. :D
ah well, at least they've got 3 more chances
Nero

Post by Nero »

For me 'Summer In Nagasaki' is a brilliant composition - it's definitely the work of a mature man! The thematical combination of LOVE and DEATH on this album has been translated into music in an unsual manner. The album is very dense, extremely dynamical, full of emotions without being kitschy and has a high level of homogeneity. Come on, tell me one single electronic music group being able to produce such good stuff?! SUIN = 5/5
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nero wrote:For me 'Summer In Nagasaki' is a brilliant composition - it's definitely the work of a mature man! The thematical combination of LOVE and DEATH on this album has been translated into music in an unsual manner. The album is very dense, extremely dynamical, full of emotions without being kitschy and has a high level of homogeneity. Come on, tell me one single electronic music group being able to produce such good stuff?! SUIN = 5/5
Sums in up in a nutshell.........short compact and excellent review :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Nero wrote:For me 'Summer In Nagasaki' is a brilliant composition - it's definitely the work of a mature man! The thematical combination of LOVE and DEATH on this album has been translated into music in an unsual manner. The album is very dense, extremely dynamical, full of emotions without being kitschy and has a high level of homogeneity. Come on, tell me one single electronic music group being able to produce such good stuff?! SUIN = 5/5
the Blue Man group? ;) no, seriously it's a great composition and deserves to sell well
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
the Blue Man group? ;) no, seriously it's a great composition and deserves to sell well
So here you can see how different the opinions of people can be. For me Summer is nothing special and at this point it cannot be in the shadow of the better albums as we had in the early days.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
So here you can see how different the opinions of people can be. For me Summer is nothing special and at this point it cannot be in the shadow of the better albums as we had in the early days.
Damned right, if it doesn't appeal, then it's not your type of record, no glowing reviews/waffle from other people will change your mind
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote: the Blue Man group? ;) no, seriously it's a great composition and deserves to sell well
Damned right, if it doesn't appeal, then it's not your type of record, no glowing reviews/waffle from other people will change your mind
Yep, but what I said earlier, maybe it grows. You never know. I won't be so hardheaded to say that this isn't possible.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote: So here you can see how different the opinions of people can be. For me Summer is nothing special and at this point it cannot be in the shadow of the better albums as we had in the early days.
Yep, but what I said earlier, maybe it grows. You never know. I won't be so hardheaded to say that this isn't possible.
No of course not, you can change your mind about albums over time (although I usually stick with my initial reactions to music). At the moment Jerome's SMT really isn't floating my boat, infact I think I'm almost getting less and less from it with each play...but I will stick with it, it's a million miles away from a bad album, so my opinions may just change
timer

Post by timer »

Anyone got a spade ?
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Anyone got a spade ?
no, but I do have a waffle iron!