Astoria 2007 DVD

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Pertou »

For me it's only music videos. Very little is played live. Some good tracks, like Rare Bird and House Of The Rising Sun
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I could see Thorsten, Iris and Linda playing live from where I was standing near the front for all of the second half. Also, I enjoyed the live singing (and percussion) of Madcap's.... in the first half.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I'm pretty sure it was a fantastic night with enough live playing. So was the Tempodrom gig, but some essential parts were ruined in the post-production. I don't believe that Edgar plays anything live on his keyboards. Rare Bird might be the exception.

I can't see any evidences of live playing during MFD, and yes TQ drops his guitar. I hate to say it, but he does, and it keeps on playing.
24db

Post by 24db »

Strangely enough the clips used on Radio Eins sounded more live than in the hall. :)

I've got admit that trying to analyse every note TD play or don't play, goes nowhere. If it's a huge problem for you, me or anybody else then the chances are that we'll vote with our feet. DVDs are another level of confusion with EM, coupled with the fact that TD use the absolute minimum of cameramen to cover the gig (going by what Chris says, and he should know as he films concerts as part of a cameraman team)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I disagree. TD does put the very real live sounds percussion and guitars very low in the mix. It's not for the better, afaic.
Plus, audience recordings prove that, easily. If I had the technical ability I would make a new dvd of Tempodrom with the audience recording for the soundtrack.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:I disagree. TD does put the very real live sounds percussion and guitars very low in the mix. It's not for the better, afaic.
Plus, audience recordings prove that, easily. If I had the technical ability I would make a new dvd of Tempodrom with the audience recording for the soundtrack.
I'm in total agreement
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Sorry guy’s it looks like I Have too Cancelled this DVD.
I Know it the Best Concerts DVD.
It for the Best.

:arrow: :roll:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Sorry guy’s it looks like I Have too Cancelled this DVD.
I Know it the Best Concerts DVD.
It for the Best.

:arrow: :roll:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You dont know what you are missing Peter..........its a great DVD of a great night 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:You dont know what you are missing Peter..........its a great DVD of a great night 8)
They make a TD concert look like a high-budget film. Highly watchable, and equally polished.
Recommended? Why not! :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am just happy to see some concert footage regardless of if its live or not. I got the SBE 2005 concert a few months back and for all its faults it was great to see a concert I have heard so much about but never got to see myself.

The only live footage available when I was collecting TD years back was the live 92 concert which only has small bits of the concert, now one seems to be coming out for every concert ;).

Hopefully in the not so distant future all the pieces will fall into place and a perfect DVD will be released of a TD concert. At present there seems to be something wrong with every DVD that is coming out, I have not seen Astoria or templedome yet but I have them ordered and I can`t wait to watch them, but I have seen a lot of people moaning about sound, picture, editing.....is it a case that some people will never be happy??

The playlist for the templedome looks great so I really hope the DVD is good value.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

cantosis wrote:is it a case that some people will never be happy??
That's about the size of it! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
cantosis wrote:is it a case that some people will never be happy??
That's about the size of it! :wink:
I'm beginning to wonder why Edgar bleeding bothers at all, pack it all in mate...write yer book...oh no, hang on some fans would moan ;) :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I love this DVD; it’s a fantastic reminder of a great concert. It captures the atmosphere perfectly and if I’d got myself a can of warm Heineken and someone blowing smoke up my nose it would be just like being there. I’m, once again, being astounded by the music, amazed by Bernhard’s guitar playing, stunned by Iris’s drumming and grooving along to the sax, recorder, didgeridoo and flute of Linda Spa. Who’d have thunk it of this old heavy-head.
I don’t think I made into any of the frames of the DVD but you can clearly hear my power-whistling at the end of the show. Won’t be doing that at Frankfurt……. soooo embarrassing.
timer

Post by timer »

Welcome back Chris !