Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: Zeit
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
did you know that Zeit was edited down from a far longer session and TD were so pleased with it that they only did a couple of overdubbings 'maximum'

Edgar Froese-"Essentially we were turning our backs on the music industry, and we thoroughly enjoyed doing so..."

from Edgar Froese: the Force Behind Tangerine Dream: the Complete Music Magazine.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zeit
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
24db wrote:
did you know that Zeit was edited down from a far longer session and TD were so pleased with it that they only did a couple of overdubbings 'maximum'

Edgar Froese-"Essentially we were turning our backs on the music industry, and we thoroughly enjoyed doing so..."

from Edgar Froese: the Force Behind Tangerine Dream: the Complete Music Magazine.

Over to you then BM. :wink:

...wonder what happened to the rest of it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
:shock:



zeit


the one true, pure tangerinedrea[ E D I T E D to avoid boredom ] :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
:shock:



zeit


the one true, pure tangerinedrea[ E D I T E D to avoid boredom ] :arrow:


it's amazing when you think how quickly Zeit was recorded, it blasts the old cliche that 'art' must take a long time, right out of the water.

Hell, it's even mentioned in TimeOut's Berlin guide :)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
I Have the Re-Issues of Japanese Original Cover Cardboard Sleeve on CD.
It Looks Cool I still have.
8) :D :wink:




ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
_____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
the one thing about ZEIT is that it is so pure a recording, so to the very point, that it needs no further discussion by him, BM. 8)


in fact the vast majority of tangerine dream's music is ZEITIAN, in its pure spirit and to the point ness, even at their nadir, TD are a pure musical force, unlike any other band, they make sense in their own sense.

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Twiddling with a HiFi system somewhere
I think it's time (sorry) for a journey back there...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:24 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Great Yarmouth - England
Quote:
I think it's time (sorry) for a journey back there...


Well done DSJR, i like it! :wink:

_________________
Ode To Granny A


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
The funny thing about ZEIT is that it reminds the uninitiated of graveyards and that it transports the receptive to heaven. :D
(well kind of... ;))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
IS zeit any good? :mrgreen:



i as him as BM, has just finished a 70,000 word essay on the singularity that is TIME, from my perspective as a listener, fan and admirer of the deepest, deepest opus of all ZEIT

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:37 pm 
bigmoog wrote:
IS zeit any good? :mrgreen:



i as him as BM, has just finished a 70,000 word essay on the singularity that is TIME, from my perspective as a listener, fan and admirer of the deepest, deepest opus of all ZEIT


Can I get it on tape? You could talk over the album. You bought a microphone didn't you?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
yes, but i have hired an actor with the gravitas for the narration to do justice to the singularity : :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
yes, but i have hired an actor with the gravitas for the narration to do justice to the singularity : :arrow:


what a shame John Inman isn't still with us ;) er...I'll get me coat

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:43 pm 
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
yes, but i have hired an actor with the gravitas for the narration to do justice to the singularity : :arrow:


what a shame John Inman isn't still with us ;) er...I'll get me coat


and Vincent Price... :roll:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Twiddling with a HiFi system somewhere
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
yes, but i have hired an actor with the gravitas for the narration to do justice to the singularity : :arrow:


what a shame John Inman isn't still with us ;) er...I'll get me coat


and Vincent Price... :roll:


NAH, you want Frank Spencer, or Frankie Howard...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage