The Pink Years in overview

tangmaster
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Pink Years in overview

Post by tangmaster »

Instead of doing all abums with seperate topics, what is your opinion about the music from this period, speaking about Electronic Meditation, Alpha Centauri, Zeit, Atem, the single Ultima Thule and Oszilator Planet Concert as seperate track on ossiach live.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I do like th Pink Years but it is my least fave TD era. Zeit being the best IMO. I have to be in the mood for these albums which nowadays seems to be less and less frequent.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

The Pink Years is my second-favorite era of TD (the first being the Virgin Years). As sparrow said, one does have to be in the mood for listening though, but I think that's mainly because you need a block of time for listening to this stuff. It's not music you can play in a noisy situation, to be sure, or you'll never hear it. You really have to give it your attention. But it is often very rewarding for doing so! I have a friend who likes TD but doesn't listen to anything later than Phaedra! :shock:
hansx

Re: The Pink Years in overview

Post by hansx »

tangmaster wrote:Instead of doing all abums with seperate topics, what is your opinion about the music from this period, speaking about Electronic Meditation, Alpha Centauri, Zeit, Atem, the single Ultima Thule and Oszilator Planet Concert as seperate track on ossiach live.
As i said earlier, it is my less favourit period. I do not like the music in particular. Give me the virgin years.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

sparrow wrote:I do like th Pink Years but it is my least fave TD era. Zeit being the best IMO. I have to be in the mood for these albums which nowadays seems to be less and less frequent.
As I have a bit of free time on my hands at present and have all but run away from the bustle of life "inland", I'm finding I appreciate the Pink Years more and more. I can now sit and chill into Zeit and enjoy the little touches (and the agressive ones) that make Atem so special. I've yet to go back to Alpha Centauri "this" time round and could never get on with Electronic Meditation (more homework methinks...)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im a BIG fan of the pink years but if i had to pick a favorite album it would be ATEM with Zeit a close second 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

[quote="epsilon75"]Im a BIG fan of the pink years but if i had to pick a favorite album it would be ATEM with Zeit a close second 8)[/quote]

Copy that - only I would pick ZEIT before Atem, then AC and EM
bigmoog

Re: The Pink Years in overview

Post by bigmoog »

tangmaster wrote:Instead of doing all abums with seperate topics, what is your opinion about the music from this period, speaking about Electronic Meditation, Alpha Centauri, Zeit, Atem, the single Ultima Thule and Oszilator Planet Concert as seperate track on ossiach live.

the most beautifully realised music....ever.....until the virgin years that is :P

:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

That how they Started too the Beginning.

:!: :arrow:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I'm with Sfearical Sequence; My second fave era, after The Virgins. :wink: