Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: TD DM 2.1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
Just received this. All the teeth around the CD were cracked so that the disc fell out when I opened it. I bought it for £16.30 from cybersounds. I've just noticed that it'll be stocked at play.com for £11.99 with free delivery.

I know what I'll be doing in the future.

:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TD DM 2.1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:39 am
Posts: 506
Location: Hyperborea
GlynRichards wrote:
Just received this. All the teeth around the CD were cracked so that the disc fell out when I opened it. I bought it for £16.30 from cybersounds. I've just noticed that it'll be stocked at play.com for £11.99 with free delivery.

I know what I'll be doing in the future.

:roll:


Sorry for that, Glyn, but this is NOT a Tangerine Dream - Eastgate product!
Complaints on this must be addressed to the corresponding source.

Best regards,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

_________________
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TD DM 2.1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Just received this. All the teeth around the CD were cracked so that the disc fell out when I opened it. I bought it for £16.30 from cybersounds. I've just noticed that it'll be stocked at play.com for £11.99 with free delivery.

I know what I'll be doing in the future.

:roll:


Sorry for that, Glyn, but this is NOT a Tangerine Dream - Eastgate product!
Complaints on this must be addressed to the corresponding source.

Best regards,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

I've the same broken teeth problem from eastgate too, but I've always just replaced the inside. I don't think that it's eastgate or cybersounds fault I think it's more to do with the postal service to be honest.

I think that 'crystal' CD cases are more fragile than the black ones and any amount of pressure in the centre breaks the teeth.

Trouble is I'm committed to buying every damn eastgate/tdi/cybersounds release now. I'd rather get them from the source and put more money in the right pockets than go to other places. Also, you guys always release them way ahead of other places, which is good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TD DM 2.1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
GlynRichards wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Just received this. All the teeth around the CD were cracked so that the disc fell out when I opened it. I bought it for £16.30 from cybersounds. I've just noticed that it'll be stocked at play.com for £11.99 with free delivery.

I know what I'll be doing in the future.

:roll:


Sorry for that, Glyn, but this is NOT a Tangerine Dream - Eastgate product!
Complaints on this must be addressed to the corresponding source.

Best regards,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

I've the same broken teeth problem from eastgate too, but I've always just replaced the inside. I don't think that it's eastgate or cybersounds fault I think it's more to do with the postal service to be honest.

I think that 'crystal' CD cases are more fragile than the black ones and any amount of pressure in the centre breaks the teeth.

Trouble is I'm committed to buying every damn eastgate/tdi/cybersounds release now. I'd rather get them from the source and put more money in the right pockets than go to other places. Also, you guys always release them way ahead of other places, which is good.


Glyn, why not get a couple of replacement ones from a company like covers 33? (I should check really!), anyway there's loads of companies that do replacement bits and pieces.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TD DM 2.1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
24db wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Just received this. All the teeth around the CD were cracked so that the disc fell out when I opened it. I bought it for £16.30 from cybersounds. I've just noticed that it'll be stocked at play.com for £11.99 with free delivery.

I know what I'll be doing in the future.

:roll:


Sorry for that, Glyn, but this is NOT a Tangerine Dream - Eastgate product!
Complaints on this must be addressed to the corresponding source.

Best regards,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

I've the same broken teeth problem from eastgate too, but I've always just replaced the inside. I don't think that it's eastgate or cybersounds fault I think it's more to do with the postal service to be honest.

I think that 'crystal' CD cases are more fragile than the black ones and any amount of pressure in the centre breaks the teeth.

Trouble is I'm committed to buying every damn eastgate/tdi/cybersounds release now. I'd rather get them from the source and put more money in the right pockets than go to other places. Also, you guys always release them way ahead of other places, which is good.


Glyn, why not get a couple of replacement ones from a company like covers 33? (I should check really!), anyway there's loads of companies that do replacement bits and pieces.

I think I'll have to. But it would be nice if the postman didn't break them in the first place! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Never write 'do not bend' on a parcel, my mate (who's a postie) says one or two weirdo's snap them and say 'Yes it do!'....always add 'please!' ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Never could get my head around the type of plastic that jewel cases are made from far to fragile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
Never could get my head around the type of plastic that jewel cases are made from far to fragile.


Why dont record companies use Digi-paks :roll: or those Japanese mini-replica Lp types are superb IMHO :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
Never could get my head around the type of plastic that jewel cases are made from far to fragile.


Why dont record companies use Digi-paks :roll: or those Japanese mini-replica Lp types are superb IMHO :arrow:


digi packs are the WORST!...when they break you can't replace a thing...totally useless.

Mind you those Japanese re-issues are well nice :)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Well i can see where you are coming from with Digi-paks,so you must handle them with care.........but those Jap mini-replicas are Lush IMHO :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
Well i can see where you are coming from with Digi-paks,so you must handle them with care.........but those Jap mini-replicas are Lush IMHO :arrow:


you know what I mean Col...those ones with the holder bonded onto the card sleeve. I've got a couple from Star Sounds Orchestra and everytime you open them the discs fall out onto the floor...grrrrrrrrr ;)

That reminds me I have about 7 Conrad Schnitzler card sleeve versions and I've only heard about 2 so far

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Well i can see where you are coming from with Digi-paks,so you must handle them with care.........but those Jap mini-replicas are Lush IMHO :arrow:


you know what I mean Col...those ones with the holder bonded onto the card sleeve. I've got a couple from Star Sounds Orchestra and everytime you open them the discs fall out onto the floor...grrrrrrrrr ;)

That reminds me I have about 7 Conrad Schnitzler card sleeve versions and I've only heard about 2 so far


Yes i know the ones you mean,and that has happened to me on a couple of occasions,i think the ALL cardboard sleeves are a much better option...
I know why you have not played all of the CS CDs.....you have to much stuff to play :mrgreen:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TD DM 2.1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
24db wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Just received this. All the teeth around the CD were cracked so that the disc fell out when I opened it. I bought it for £16.30 from cybersounds. I've just noticed that it'll be stocked at play.com for £11.99 with free delivery.

I know what I'll be doing in the future.

:roll:


Sorry for that, Glyn, but this is NOT a Tangerine Dream - Eastgate product!
Complaints on this must be addressed to the corresponding source.

Best regards,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

I've the same broken teeth problem from eastgate too, but I've always just replaced the inside. I don't think that it's eastgate or cybersounds fault I think it's more to do with the postal service to be honest.

I think that 'crystal' CD cases are more fragile than the black ones and any amount of pressure in the centre breaks the teeth.

Trouble is I'm committed to buying every damn eastgate/tdi/cybersounds release now. I'd rather get them from the source and put more money in the right pockets than go to other places. Also, you guys always release them way ahead of other places, which is good.


Glyn, why not get a couple of replacement ones from a company like covers 33? (I should check really!), anyway there's loads of companies that do replacement bits and pieces.

They sell them in Woolworths and Sainsbury's too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
No its the Moonpop Music Label.



:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:


ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
_____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage