Logos 25 yrs Old !

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Logos 25 yrs Old !

Post by timer »

Thanks to another thread Ive started this one (cheers Chris).

It amazing to think Logos was recorded nearly 25 years ago!.
Listening to it now it is a timeless piece of music, a ararety that has definately stood up to time.
I remember buying this in a hippy shop in Glastobury called Gothic Image early in 83 after admiring its cover, and thinking of it contents since the previous Novembers gig.
Anyone have any thoughts on this truely monumental EM masterpece. :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

CLASS :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Re: Logos 25 yrs Old !

Post by hansx »

timer wrote:Thanks to another thread Ive started this one (cheers Chris).

It amazing to think Logos was recorded nearly 25 years ago!.
Listening to it now it is a timeless piece of music, a ararety that has definately stood up to time.
I remember buying this in a hippy shop in Glastobury called Gothic Image early in 83 after admiring its cover, and thinking of it contents since the previous Novembers gig.
Anyone have any thoughts on this truely monumental EM masterpece. :D
Bought it later. However I think it is a very good album, Encore is for me far better and more rememberance worthy than this one. Nevertheless the tracks on it are very strong and even these days better than a lot else.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I remember the concert at the Dominion well, it was my first TD concert.

I can remember a guy sat behind me with a very large tape recorder about the size of a briefcase telling his girlfriend that the music wouldn't be released as TD didnt release live albums ! He said Encore would be a one off !

The girlfriend incidentally said she thought they would be like Yazoo and was waiting for the singing to start !
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

1982 was a very good year.

I'm 25 years old!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

HYPERBOREA wrote:I remember the concert at the Dominion well, it was my first TD concert.

I can remember a guy sat behind me with a very large tape recorder about the size of a briefcase telling his girlfriend that the music wouldn't be released as TD didnt release live albums ! He said Encore would be a one off !

The girlfriend incidentally said she thought they would be like Yazoo and was waiting for the singing to start !
:D ROFL :D
Priceless.
I was lucky enough to see this show at the Colston Hall in Bristol and it was awesome. I dragged a whole load of friends from college along and despite many misgivings I think they all enjoyed it. Took some good photos which I seem to have misplaced over the years.

I remember picking up the LP in the Virgin shop in Bristol and thinking "What's this?", since I wasn't expecting a TD release so soon after the tour. When it dawned on me that this was the live show I'd seen just a few months before, I couldn't get it to the checkout fast enough.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I had a good HiFi/Music mate in Stevenage and we used to spend what seemed like hours in Moores record shop in the new town centre. I bought Logos there and there's nothing to beat sitting in front of a really good sound system, beers in hand (and genoa cake IIRC) and TD going full pelt......
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

25 years, eh? Thank you for being patient.

Encore is a wonderful album. Side One represents TD at their best IMHO. Although I'm not that fond of the "calypso-sounding" movement near the end of Side Two, the last couple of minutes are sheer magic. It's almost like a march, a ceremonial-sounding piece of music. I love it.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Logos is superb was fortunate to see them at Oxford on that tour awesome stuff.
timer

Post by timer »

Edgar / TD how about a Ltd 25th Anniversary Logos release, with a double disc set of the whole concert ? Please ! pretty please !. 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

timer wrote:Edgar / TD how about a Ltd 25th Anniversary Logos release, with a double disc set of the whole concert ? Please ! pretty please !. 8)
I once got an email, where I was asked if I had a dvd of it, he claimed it was around fourty minutes long... Not knowing what he talked about, but a dvd from a complete concert from that tour, would be fabulous, as I love TD.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It took me quite a while to really appreciate Logos. As was said before a double album would've been great. Theres about 10 different movements on the album which are all superb IMO. Some nice mellow and also some heavy parts . A sublime record and appart for Poland THE best TD live album.IMO.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Can anyone remember any of the other music they played at the Dominion concert. Am I right in thinking there were in fact two performances that night ?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

HYPERBOREA wrote:Can anyone remember any of the other music they played at the Dominion concert. Am I right in thinking there were in fact two performances that night ?
As far as I'm aware, only one concert. The set went as following:
Logos Part 1 (4'28) / Logos Part 2 (3'02) / Heritage Survival (5'30) / Mirage (2'38) / Sign in the Dark (4'09) / The Night in Romania (4'35) / Dreamscape (6'06) / Choronzon (8'25) / Tangent excerpt (3'59) /

Mojave Plan (10'13) / Logos Part 3 (7'11) / Logos Part 4 (13'54) / Logos Part 5 (4'15) / Logos Part 6 (5'01) / Logos Part 7 (5'55) / Logos Part 8 (3'00) / Midnight in Tula (4'31) / White Eagle (5'22) / Dominion (6'00) /

a nice soundcheck was also recorded.

I heard stories about the track, Dominion, was in fact played so loud at the soundcheck as it didn't come as no surprise for the audience, from the queue standing closest to the entrance.

Compositorically, Jeanne d'Arc is Logos of my generation!
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Pertou wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:Can anyone remember any of the other music they played at the Dominion concert. Am I right in thinking there were in fact two performances that night ?
As far as I'm aware, only one concert. The set went as following:
Logos Part 1 (4'28) / Logos Part 2 (3'02) / Heritage Survival (5'30) / Mirage (2'38) / Sign in the Dark (4'09) / The Night in Romania (4'35) / Dreamscape (6'06) / Choronzon (8'25) / Tangent excerpt (3'59) /

Mojave Plan (10'13) / Logos Part 3 (7'11) / Logos Part 4 (13'54) / Logos Part 5 (4'15) / Logos Part 6 (5'01) / Logos Part 7 (5'55) / Logos Part 8 (3'00) / Midnight in Tula (4'31) / White Eagle (5'22) / Dominion (6'00) /

a nice soundcheck was also recorded.

I heard stories about the track, Dominion, was in fact played so loud at the soundcheck as it didn't come as no surprise for the audience, from the queue standing closest to the entrance.

Compositorically, Jeanne d'Arc is Logos of my generation!
That running order is quite different from the album isn't it? I have always found te album Logos to be absolutely PERFECT in terms of it's tune arrangment. Because of this, I usually do not enjoy the Tree versions of these tunes since they change the running order. I just find that the order of the tunes on Logos is absolutely sublime, pure 100% perfection. The flow is incredible.