The saddest TD tunes

MrCox
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The saddest TD tunes

Post by MrCox »

I'm in a highly emotional state of mind. While my brother and I were staying in Cologne last week (see the thread "TD travel music") we recieved a shocking telephone call: Our mother unexpectedly died. :cry: :cry: :cry:
After a week full of emotional stress, crying and the inevitable question why I'm beginning to accept the situation. However right now TD's music is bringing up all the memories, the good as well as the bad ones. And there are some compositions that made me cry instantly, especially "Food For The Gods" on "Blue Dawn" which I now consider the saddest tune TD ever recorded. (Maybe there are even sadder ones, but for example I'm afraid of putting on "Summer In Nagasaki", that one may be too much right now.)
Are there any TD compositions that make you cry just by listening to them? :?:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I am very sorry to hear your very sad news Mr Cox,i offer my deepest sympathy at this very sad time.............I find the amazing "Mothers of Rain" to be a very emotional track but not sad........"Afternoon in The Desert" can also be a very soothing listen if you just want to sit and think..
Im sure the other forum members here will have plenty of recommendations........I hope the next weeks & months will not be to painful for you.......
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

That's dreadful news Mr. Cox - you have my utmost sympathies.

The Tangents version of 'Desert Dream' has to be one of the saddest tracks I can think of. I find 'Remote Viewing' a very reflective track though... the sort of thing I would imagine playing at times like these.

You're in my thoughts during these difficult times.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss MrCox. It's horrible and agonising, but it does get better eventually... :cry:

I can't think of sad TD tunes, but "reflective" is a better term for many of them. Song Of The Whale pt2 always gets me going, especially the long fade at the end, when the music slips away gently, as I hope your Mother did.... I'd agree with Remote Viewing, even White Eagle and parts of Tyger.

I suggest you do what I did and make up a tape(or CDR/DVD) of music that makes this moment for you. I had all sorts of weird and wonderful tracks on mine, like "An Ascent" by Brian Eno(Apollo), "Someone To Talk To" by Andy Summers(Police) :o , the TD tracks above and numerous others (I'll have to dig the tape out of the loft sometime).

My sincere condolences to you and family.

P.S. I'm playing Mothers Of Rain as I type.
rattymouse

Re: The saddest TD tunes

Post by rattymouse »

Mr. Cox,

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. At the very very least (and I mean least), sudden deaths involve lilttle to no suffering. I hope she has passed onto a far far better place and is at peace.

May you and your family come together and celebrate her life while finding a way to continue your life.

RM
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

My deepest and most heartfelt sympathies go to you and your family in your time of sorrow, Mr. Cox. I pray that you find peace and solace from family and friends and that you are comforted even as you grieve. My prayers are with you. Take care, my friend.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
redziller

Post by redziller »

Sorry for your troubles... I don't know if I could bear it at this time but it'd be Zeit
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm very sorry to hear this mate, I know only too well how it feels. Look after yourself!

Best wishes to you and your family

andy

Personally I find all of TD's music sad or perhaps better said 'melancholy' on some level
timer

Post by timer »

Condolences Mr. Cox.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Thank you all for your nice words. :)
These days are very difficult indeed, but at the same time I'm planning a sort of "new life" in Cologne together with my brother, we'll move in a few weeks. This somehow helps as we are at the edge of a future and we still don't know where we will be going.

Right now I'm listening to "Valley Of The Sun". Thank god there's music out there that helps you to forget your troubles and look forward. My mother's death hurts like hell, especially as we almost lost all contact in the last months (although we lived in the same city), but I have a new chapter of my life coming up at the same time and I'm still looking for my place in life after finishing university. All in all I'm not as depressed as I probably should be. It's hard to say it but it's true ... life goes on.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I won't be able to say how sad that kind of loss truly is until I experience it myself (and I'm not looking forward to it)... but you certainly have my condolences.

For me, the beautiful "Fairfax" from the Hollywood Years comp seems to always get my rivers running.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I lost my Mum last year. Although she was in poor health and was suffering a lot it was still a shock. My deepest sympathy Mr. Cox. Music is a great way to try and forget or even sometimes remember a particular time in life. TD and a host of other artists helped me through hard times and also kept me sane.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Deepest Sympathies MR.Cox
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Deepest sympathy, Mr Cox.

I would listen to Mothers of Rain, Twenty Nine Palms, Red Roadster, Sun Gate, Dalumination, Golgatha and the Circle Closes, and The Green Land.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

I hope you will not listen solely to the "sad" tunes of TD, Mr. Cox. In the midst of such sorrow, it is sometimes better to listen to something uplifting as well, and TD has a whole catalog of cheery songs. As Sparrow said, music can be a great companion in such devastating times. I suggest a healthy variety of music -- to calm you, to console you, to cheer you and to generate fond memories of your mother. I lost my mother quite suddenly, too, many years ago (heart attack), so I can well understand what you are going through.

If I may be so bold, I recommend White Eagle, Monolight, perhaps even Logos and Tangram.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin