The saddest TD tunes

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

I'm very sorry to hear of your sad loss, Mr. Cox. I was devastated at the loss of my Father and it took me a very long time to come to terms with his passing. Inevitably, the music of TD played a part in the way I dealt with things and even today there are some tracks that help me to focus on his life and our relationship. I would suggest a couple of tracks from Miracle Mile - "Final Statement" and "If It's All Over"
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

I'd recommend Ulrich Schnauss's A Strangely Isolated Place and Weather Report's track "I'll never forget you"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I'd recommend Ulrich Schnauss's A Strangely Isolated Place and Weather Report's track "I'll never forget you"
I would agree with Ulrich,there are some very soothing moments on that album and track
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:I'd recommend Ulrich Schnauss's A Strangely Isolated Place and Weather Report's track "I'll never forget you"
I would agree with Ulrich,there are some very soothing moments on that album and track
It's thirteen years since I lost my Mum, but Ulrich's track "A Letter From Home" had me crying buckets last Christmas. Now, however, it's like an old friend as is much TD music.

May good music help to comfort you and assist you with the huge life changes you will be going through in addition...
JD

Post by JD »

DSJR wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
It's thirteen years since I lost my Mum, but Ulrich's track "A Letter From Home" had me crying buckets last Christmas. Now, however, it's like an old friend as is much TD music.

May good music help to comfort you and assist you with the huge life changes you will be going through in addition...
I'm sorry to hear about your news Mr Cox, really sad.
You have plans for the future which is good though, something to aim for, so why not base your TD selection on that instead of sorrow ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
redziller

Post by redziller »

Although not TD - I found the 4th movement of Mahler's 5 a comfort. Dunno if classical music does anything for you but it's always seemed to describe stages of grief, anger, confusion, and final acceptance
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Re: The saddest TD tunes

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

MrCox wrote:I'm in a highly emotional state of mind. While my brother and I were staying in Cologne last week (see the thread "TD travel music") we recieved a shocking telephone call: Our mother unexpectedly died. :cry: :cry: :cry:
After a week full of emotional stress, crying and the inevitable question why I'm beginning to accept the situation. However right now TD's music is bringing up all the memories, the good as well as the bad ones. And there are some compositions that made me cry instantly, especially "Food For The Gods" on "Blue Dawn" which I now consider the saddest tune TD ever recorded. (Maybe there are even sadder ones, but for example I'm afraid of putting on "Summer In Nagasaki", that one may be too much right now.)
Are there any TD compositions that make you cry just by listening to them? :?:
Dear Mr. Cox,

We are very sorry to hear from your loss and like to send you our deepest sympathies in the name of TD, Edgar and the whole Eastgate team.

Below a short quote from Bob Toben (American scientist):

“"There is no death, only a change of awareness, a change of cosmic address.”"

Best wishes,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
Janus

Post by Janus »

Mr Cox I'm so very sorry to hear this news, my sympathies and thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time. Take Care.
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Thanks again for your kind support. :) Right now I'm feeling quite good considering the circumstances. I'm listening to "Dream Mixes One" while Im writing this and there's some very uplifting music on it.

I try not to be too depressed about what happened and I'm really looking forward. The hardest part is to help my father and grandmother through this, especially as I have to leave them in a few weeks. :cry: It's interesting however that the contact to other family members seems to be much stronger now than in the last few years. We lost someone we loved deeply but we also gained something we considered lost in the past. One thing I learnt is that you'll never be alone as long as you have a family and friends to help you.

@ Einstein's Barber:
TD's and Edgar's music really helps as it evokes so many different emotions. A special thank you therefore has to go to them for their work and the music they gave us.
In times like these I'm especially grateful. TD were with me during the last two years after my graduation, while I was writing my first newspaper articles, times of depression because of being dependent on social welfare (the in Germany infamous "Hartz IV") and the times I suffered from a nervous breakdown following several incidents with my mother's new partner (who unfortunately was a real bastard in my eyes).
TD's music has always been and will stay with me, whatever future will bring. :)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

MrCox wrote:Thanks again for your kind support. :) Right now I'm feeling quite good considering the circumstances. I'm listening to "Dream Mixes One" while Im writing this and there's some very uplifting music on it.

I try not to be too depressed about what happened and I'm really looking forward. The hardest part is to help my father and grandmother through this, especially as I have to leave them in a few weeks. :cry: It's interesting however that the contact to other family members seems to be much stronger now than in the last few years. We lost someone we loved deeply but we also gained something we considered lost in the past. One thing I learnt is that you'll never be alone as long as you have a family and friends to help you.

@ Einstein's Barber:
TD's and Edgar's music really helps as it evokes so many different emotions. A special thank you therefore has to go to them for their work and the music they gave us.
In times like these I'm especially grateful. TD were with me during the last two years after my graduation, while I was writing my first newspaper articles, times of depression because of being dependent on social welfare (the in Germany infamous "Hartz IV") and the times I suffered from a nervous breakdown following several incidents with my mother's new partner (who unfortunately was a real bastard in my eyes).
TD's music has always been and will stay with me, whatever future will bring. :)

I think that's why we regard Edgar and the band as old friends, almost part of the family, as the music they've given us has been such a treasured source of inspiration, hope and perhaps a footnote to certain times of our lives, along with other, much treasured artists.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

Mr Cox,
my deepest condolences -please be strong.
As for saddest tunes,
'Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares' always bring tears in my eyes and unhappily, around the time I bought 'Phaedra', a best friend of mine lost his wife -it was a difficult period
All the best
Nikos
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

whiteeagle wrote:Mr Cox,
As for saddest tunes,
'Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares' always bring tears in my eyes and unhappily, around the time I bought 'Phaedra', a best friend of mine lost his wife -it was a difficult period
All the best
Nikos
Brilliant track, that ranks right up there as one of TD's finest moments!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
whiteeagle wrote:Mr Cox,
As for saddest tunes,
All the best
Nikos
Brilliant track, that ranks right up there as one of TD's finest moments!
Must agree,it was a pleasure to hear this at the SBE 05 :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

hope the pain has had a time effect in diminishing slightly.
saddest tune by far must be sequent "c" from Phaedra.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

My belated condolensces.

I think that Scarlet Score For Mescalero from Stuntman is the saddest track ever, always brings a tear to my eye.
If I do not agree with what you have to say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire, almost)