The saddest TD tunes

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Tangram wrote:My belated condolensces.

I think that Scarlet Score For Mescalero from Stuntman is the saddest track ever, always brings a tear to my eye.
Not been around too much lately and would like to express my personal condolences.

Strangely I was listening to Scarlet Score today, in fact I was doing a bit of a trawl through EF's back-catalogue, and found it to be quite uplifting....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Largo from Tyranny of Beauty is a sad one. Also Death of a Nightingale & Midwinter Nigtht from Turn of the Tides.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

United Goblins Parade.
La Joie
Talking To Maddox
La Force du Courage
Twenty Nine Palms
Death of a nightingale (and that otherone from TOTT)

Are the ones that get me everytim.
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

The last three or four minutes of Madrigal Meridian from Cyclone. Slightly at odds with the rest of the composition but wonderfully melodic and simple.
Just perfect.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

nightmare strand wrote:The last three or four minutes of Madrigal Meridian from Cyclone. Slightly at odds with the rest of the composition but wonderfully melodic and simple.
Just perfect.
I know what you mean by this it feels sad as the meridian is finished for yet another year.
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I remember hearing La Joie from JD'A for the first time. I almost cried because the lead melody was so beautiful.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:I remember hearing La Joie from JD'A for the first time. I almost cried because the lead melody was so beautiful.
A very touching piece of music from IMHO a very fine album 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

Everytime I here RemoteViewing, it brings me back to 1981 and my apartment fire I almost died in... :cry: Found Exit in a heap of ashes the next day. The album was destroyed but remoteviewing played back without a flaw. :? No other TD song creates more emotion for me than this one.
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

IMHO the best rack on Exit. Can't describe exactly what emotions it conjures up, but I always feel an overwhelming sense of calm and become strangely detached from what I'm doing at the time when it's played. Tend to find its an excellent stress buster at work. Schmoelling's Fluid Memories For Flo has a similar effect tho the two tracks have little in common in terms of style.
razor

Post by razor »

"Charly The Kid" is a very sad & moody song, in fact it's the best song in TD 's history book :)
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

HYPERBOREA wrote:I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error
I just don't understand how such a mistake can get made regarding the index of Tempodrome DVD !
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
razor

Post by razor »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:I think Charly the kid is great too. I was very disappointed when the track was listed on the Tempodrome DVD in error
I just don't understand how such a mistake can get made regarding the index of Tempodrome DVD !
I also expected to hear Charly the Kid when I ordered the Tempodrome DVD. Well, sometimes I wish I never bought this Live concert since I ordered it mostly because of that particular song :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

razor wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
I also expected to hear Charly the Kid when I ordered the Tempodrome DVD. Well, sometimes I wish I never bought this Live concert since I ordered it mostly because of that particular song :)
Charly The Kid or not, it's still a fine dvd, of a great concert!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:
razor wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I just don't understand how such a mistake can get made regarding the index of Tempodrome DVD !
Charly The Kid or not, it's still a fine dvd, of a great concert!
It certainly is very fine Mick, but I just think it would have been nice to have had Charly....
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”