The Keep

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: The Keep

Post by rattymouse »

cantosis wrote:
Wow. I went through a 4 year period of not listening to TD. Right after DM1 came out, I was totally at a loss for how boring they had become. I couldnt get slightly interested in them and thus, without a concious decision, I stopped listening. My last purchased album might have been TOB or TOTT. That lasted for a long time, until Mota Atma came out. Now that I think about it, I think I stopped listening for more than 4 years. I'll have to look at the release dates to figure it out.

But I never, ever considered selling my collection. I spent waaay too much time, energy, and money putting that thing together.[/quote]

Well hindsight is wonderfull isn`t it, if I could go back I would have kept it all. One of my biggest faults is I am very impulsive, I do things without thinking it through.

Funny you mention TOB and TOTT...that is around the time I was finding TD quite boring, some of the stuff started to sound like a Kenny G tribute and I really couldn`t handle it. coming back to TD this year it is refreshing to hear the new stuff, some of it is right up there with my favorite TD era(Froese,frank,Schmoelling)[/quote]

Yep, today's TD is really awesome compared to the Seattle Years. Really an impressive improvement.

The one time I chucked away a CD collection was when I tossed my Parliment/Funkadelic collection. I used to have a pretty complete collection from these two bands. Then I went to a George Clinton/Funkadelic concert. This show was just down the street from my house, in a nice large nightclub. The band is notrious for being late to gigs and this was no exception. The 8pm show did not start until 10:30. Me and my friends were totally into this band and we got there early so that we could stand right in front of the stage. While waiting for hours, the house music alone was as loud as any concert I ever attended. Ear splitting volume, for hours. Finally, when PFunk showed up, their band played every louder! I could not withstand the volume. I had to press both palms of my hands up to my ears and push real hard. Even then the volume was too much. A women to the right of me wept from the pain. Such volume was incredible. Breathing was difficult when your lungs were working against the bass PA (which was right in front of us). Finally, after 3 tunes, I left, unable to take it anymore and with permanent ear damage.

I was so angry that i took my entire PFunk collection (14-16 CD's) and just chucked them into the garbage. Stupid move but one done in rage, not thinking. Not as bad as chucking 100 TD CD's. At least you got money for yours.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Pertou wrote:Quite resonable starting bid.

At SBE TD charged 40 pounds for the 1999 edition. At the Jd'A gigs it was 50 Euros. And that's where I bought my copy. Overpriced, but glad I got it.
I think they sold the cd at more reasonable prices at later shows.
And £20 at the Astoria this year. That's where I got mine.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: There is one on ebay UK at this minute :wink: keep your eyes on it :arrow:

nice one, I am at work at present but will check it out tonight when I am back. whats the current price??
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-KEEP-O-S-T-Lt ... dZViewItem

I have put my final bid in. no doubt there will be someone with more money who wants it more then me. At least I have a chance though ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:
nice one, I am at work at present but will check it out tonight when I am back. whats the current price??

I have put my final bid in. no doubt there will be someone with more money who wants it more then me. At least I have a chance though ;)
I wouldn't worry too much. I bought mine towards the end of the Astoria gig and there were still quite a few copies left. I'm betting there will be some for sale in Frankfurt, as they always generate interest.
24db

Post by 24db »

Different Issue though Mick...the first is much more collectible
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:Different Issue though Mick...the first is much more collectible
Granted, but I can't see much point in paying the ludicrous asking prices for the first issue, unless your a collector. If it's the music your interested in, bag the '99 edition and get yourself a bargain.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
Granted, but I can't see much point in paying the ludicrous asking prices for the first issue, unless your a collector. If it's the music your interested in, bag the '99 edition and get yourself a bargain.

that's what I did...couldn't give a monkey's about the packaging
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:

that's what I did...couldn't give a monkey's about the packaging
fair comment, this 97 version is quite special to me though. I should never have sold it to begin with ;(
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Wouldn't part with mine, got it from Merch Stall at Symphony Hall Birmingham
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Justin

The Keep

Post by Justin »

That's exactly where I got mine .
24db

Post by 24db »

for the record (no pun intended) I got mine at the Astoria in 2003
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Got the 99 Edition at the Astoria 03...........The 97 edition at auction :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

97 Edition bought at Colston Hall 1997 - The Edgar vs Colin evening !. :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:97 Edition bought at Colston Hall 1997 - The Edgar vs Colin evening !. :lol:
:oops: :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: There is one on ebay UK at this minute :wink: keep your eyes on it :arrow:

still 6 days left and someone has already pushed it clsoe to my limit ;(