The Keep

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Keep

Post by cantosis »

When I flogged of my entire TD collection about 4 years ago one CD I regret getting rid of more then others is The Keep. I got it from one of the Shepherds Bush gigs in the late 90s. I have been trying to get for the last few months but pretty much impossible. I have seen it on ebay go for over £100.

Any other ideas where it might be worth looking??
epsilon75

Re: The Keep

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:When I flogged of my entire TD collection about 4 years ago one CD I regret getting rid of more then others is The Keep. I got it from one of the Shepherds Bush gigs in the late 90s. I have been trying to get for the last few months but pretty much impossible. I have seen it on ebay go for over £100.

They were still selling a few copies at the Astoria concert,maybe there will be a limited number in Frankfurt :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:When I flogged of my entire TD collection about 4 years ago one CD I regret getting rid of more then others is The Keep. I got it from one of the Shepherds Bush gigs in the late 90s. I have been trying to get for the last few months but pretty much impossible. I have seen it on ebay go for over £100.

They were still selling a few copies at the Astoria concert,maybe there will be a limited number in Frankfurt :wink:
Thats what I hoped for, I can easily buy The Keep in a different package but I want that Black cover TD one, its an awesome package.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Thats what I hoped for, I can easily buy The Keep in a different package but I want that Black cover TD one, its an awesome package.

The first 1997 issue is long gone and was only available on the 97 euro tour,but you may be lucky enough to pick up the 1999 issue at the show :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: They were still selling a few copies at the Astoria concert,maybe there will be a limited number in Frankfurt :wink:

The first 1997 issue is long gone and was only available on the 97 euro tour,but you may be lucky enough to pick up the 1999 issue at the show :arrow:

yeh I picked up the 1997 one at SBE. is there any difference with the 1999 issue??
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Yes,there is a different face to the CD and the 97 issue comes in a slipcase,the 99 issue is in a standard digi-pak :arrow: Both very nice i may add :wink: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:Yes,there is a different face to the CD and the 97 issue comes in a slipcase,the 99 issue is in a standard digi-pak :arrow: Both very nice i may add :wink: :arrow:
so you got both copies? how much you want for the 97 one?? :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Yes,there is a different face to the CD and the 97 issue comes in a slipcase,the 99 issue is in a standard digi-pak :arrow: Both very nice i may add :wink: :arrow:
There is one on ebay UK at this minute :wink: keep your eyes on it :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:

nice one, I am at work at present but will check it out tonight when I am back. whats the current price??
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Do I understand correctly that you sold off your entire TD collection? I get dizzy just thinking about such a move. My god man why???
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote: so you got both copies? how much you want for the 97 one?? :lol:

nice one, I am at work at present but will check it out tonight when I am back. whats the current price??
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-KEEP-O-S-T-Lt ... dZViewItem
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Quite resonable starting bid.

At SBE TD charged 40 pounds for the 1999 edition. At the Jd'A gigs it was 50 Euros. And that's where I bought my copy. Overpriced, but glad I got it.
I think they sold the cd at more reasonable prices at later shows.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

rattymouse wrote:

Do I understand correctly that you sold off your entire TD collection? I get dizzy just thinking about such a move. My god man why???
well I had been collecting since about 1994 in 1998 I met my current wife and I got a bit bored with TD music around that time, I had a huge box of CDs/merchandise and was not listening to it, I was into my then girlfriend and nothing more, I decided to sell if off for a few hundred quid as I thought my "TD Phase" had past for good, to be fair to my wife she tried to stop me from doing it, but I wanted the space and money.

coming back to them recently has made me realise what a twat I have been, I think whoever brought my collection on ebay got a real bargain, he probably sold them on a individual basis and made a nice tidy profit if he didn`t keep it all himself.

Things I really regret losing is The Keep,Tangents the limited CDs you get at gigs. my vinyl orb remix of a TD track(can`t remember the name) and my box sets( i box and dream dice? come to mind).

anyway its exciting to think I can start from scratch again, this time I am going to try and get a better collection. I am glad to see Tangents isn`t too hard to get, it was when I first brought it.

Actually can someone supply me with the full list of TD box sets?? I have tried to google it but can`t come up with all of them.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

cantosis wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

well I had been collecting since about 1994 in 1998 I met my current wife and I got a bit bored with TD music around that time, I had a huge box of CDs/merchandise and was not listening to it, I was into my then girlfriend and nothing more, I decided to sell if off for a few hundred quid as I thought my "TD Phase" had past for good, to be fair to my wife she tried to stop me from doing it, but I wanted the space and money.

coming back to them recently has made me realise what a twat I have been, I think whoever brought my collection on ebay got a real bargain, he probably sold them on a individual basis and made a nice tidy profit if he didn`t keep it all himself.

Things I really regret losing is The Keep,Tangents the limited CDs you get at gigs. my vinyl orb remix of a TD track(can`t remember the name) and my box sets( i box and dream dice? come to mind).

anyway its exciting to think I can start from scratch again, this time I am going to try and get a better collection. I am glad to see Tangents isn`t too hard to get, it was when I first brought it.

Actually can someone supply me with the full list of TD box sets?? I have tried to google it but can`t come up with all of them.
Wow. I went through a 4 year period of not listening to TD. Right after DM1 came out, I was totally at a loss for how boring they had become. I couldnt get slightly interested in them and thus, without a concious decision, I stopped listening. My last purchased album might have been TOB or TOTT. That lasted for a long time, until Mota Atma came out. Now that I think about it, I think I stopped listening for more than 4 years. I'll have to look at the release dates to figure it out.

But I never, ever considered selling my collection. I spent waaay too much time, energy, and money putting that thing together.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

[/quote]

Wow. I went through a 4 year period of not listening to TD. Right after DM1 came out, I was totally at a loss for how boring they had become. I couldnt get slightly interested in them and thus, without a concious decision, I stopped listening. My last purchased album might have been TOB or TOTT. That lasted for a long time, until Mota Atma came out. Now that I think about it, I think I stopped listening for more than 4 years. I'll have to look at the release dates to figure it out.

But I never, ever considered selling my collection. I spent waaay too much time, energy, and money putting that thing together.[/quote]

Well hindsight is wonderfull isn`t it, if I could go back I would have kept it all. One of my biggest faults is I am very impulsive, I do things without thinking it through.

Funny you mention TOB and TOTT...that is around the time I was finding TD quite boring, some of the stuff started to sound like a Kenny G tribute and I really couldn`t handle it. coming back to TD this year it is refreshing to hear the new stuff, some of it is right up there with my favorite TD era(Froese,frank,Schmoelling)