Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:39 pm 

24db wrote:
unsual time signature as well, plus it was stunning live in 1981

I never liked the live version of Mojave Plain as it never changed much from the studio version. Isnt that correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:40 pm 

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:

I never liked the live version of Mojave Plain as it never changed much from the studio version. Isnt that correct?

Id have to agree with you there Ratty mouse, but there are some nice variations, different lines being added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:42 pm 

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:

hmmm, no it's fairly different, especially with Johannes doing some different solos...altering the structure of the piece, perhaps this is more obvious in the 1982 tour version (especially the Australian ABC-FM broadcast and TT recording).

Last edited by 24db on Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:09 pm 
And it's seven minutes longer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:31 pm 

I ADORE 'White Eagle' as it's clear to anyone, judging my sign-in name.
It was the first 80's TD LP I bought,
and I remember I purchased the album in a record fair and the seller didn't knew I was TD fan and he told me '''it's like Jean Michael Jarre'!
Not so....I think.
One of my favourite albums ever and tied with many fond memories from autumn 1999...... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:33 pm 

2. What was the first Tangerine Dream record you bought? where did you buy it, where did you play it and what did you think of it? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:03 pm 

24db wrote:
2. What was the first Tangerine Dream record you bought? where did you buy it, where did you play it and what did you think of it? :)

Rubycon 1979 Hurleys Records Pontypridd..........Played it when i got home and although i had heard it elsewhere prior to buying it still thought it was awesome :arrow: and still do! Priceless

Sorry wrong thread :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Rubycon 1979 Hurleys Records Pontypridd..........Played it when i got home and although i had heard it elsewhere prior to buying it still thought it was awesome :arrow: and still do! Priceless

Sorry wrong thread :oops:

lol...Slighty OT here, question two is bringing in a Who's Who of old record shops...ah, where are they now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:07 pm 

Hurleys shut years ago,it was a superb independent outlet.........sadly missed :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:09 pm 

24db wrote:

Oh, go on since you've asked. Phaedra - 1974 - Coutts record shop, Horley. I rushed straight home to play it. Such strange, mystical soundscapes. I was like a ship being drawn onto the rocks, by the call of the siren. Enticing and magical! I still get adore this album, but would love the opportunity to have that first listen again. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:19 pm 

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

Oh, go on since you've asked. Phaedra - 1974 - Coutts record shop, Horley. I rushed straight home to play it. Such strange, mystical soundscapes. I was like a ship being drawn onto the rocks, by the call of the siren. Enticing and magical! I still get adore this album, but would love the opportunity to have that first listen again. :D

can I use that quote then Mick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:20 pm 

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

Such a wordsmith you are Mick 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:24 pm 

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

If you feel it is worthy, then be my guest mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:26 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

Such a wordsmith you are Mick 8)

Ta Colin, but's let's not forget that these feelings would not have been aroused, but for Messrs. Froese, Franke and Baumann.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:31 pm 

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

If you feel it is worthy, then be my guest mate.

added...it has reached worthiness :)

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ] 

Jump to: