Vault releases

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

JD wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:The middle section of Dolphin Dance was cut from TD vault 4. It was Franke's part that was cut.
How do you know it was Franke's part ?

besides, isnt it more likely that Edgar would not play any parts that involved Franke so he wouldnt get any royalties ?
I remember that Andy (24db) told me, on Pertou's fan forum, which part was Franke's solo and how he would load different sounds for it on each concert, and also, I think it is very unlikely that Edgar would want to perform or release Franke's music since the court case aswell, as I said before.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
JD

Post by JD »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
JD wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:The middle section of Dolphin Dance was cut from TD vault 4. It was Franke's part that was cut.
How do you know it was Franke's part ?

besides, isnt it more likely that Edgar would not play any parts that involved Franke so he wouldnt get any royalties ?
I remember that Andy (24db) told me, on Pertou's fan forum, which part was Franke's solo and how he would load different sounds for it on each concert and I think it is very unlikely that Edgar would want to perform or release Franke's music since the courtcase aswell, as I said before.
but as Under Water Sunlight was put together as the result of long improv sessions with Froese, Franke and Haslinger (as quoted from a Haslinger interview) then only the band truly know who composed a specific section, whether they allegedly played the section/solo in concerts (which is hard to believe anyway at that time) is another matter.

As for Edgar not wanting to release music with Franke on it ...well how about Antique Dreams, or the DM remixes, Sohoman, Soundmill Navigator,Vault 4" - TD Live in Brighton/UK &
Cleveland/USA 1986 (2004) or the recent releases of concerts in Preston etc
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

JD wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
JD wrote: How do you know it was Franke's part ?

I remember that Andy (24db) told me, on Pertou's fan forum, which part was Franke's solo and how he would load different sounds for it on each concert and I think it is very unlikely that Edgar would want to perform or release Franke's music since the courtcase aswell, as I said before.
but as Under Water Sunlight was put together as the result of long improv sessions with Froese, Franke and Haslinger (as quoted from a Haslinger interview) then only the band truly know who composed a specific section, whether they allegedly played the section/solo in concerts (which is hard to believe anyway at that time) is another matter.

As for Edgar not wanting to release music with Franke on it ...well how about Antique Dreams, or the DM remixes, Sohoman, Soundmill Navigator,Vault 4" - TD Live in Brighton/UK &
Cleveland/USA 1986 (2004) or the recent releases of concerts in Preston etc
I think it is the parts that were solely Franke's music that have been cut or replaced with different music, eg. the sequence on the title track of White Eagle is changed so much from the original.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
JD

Post by JD »

but the thing i was trying to say is that none of us really know who's part is who's and who did what, we can guess for sure but unless we were there then we dont know just what Franke did.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
timer

Post by timer »

If you take it from what CF has released since abandoning TD, he probably did'nt do a great deal. :lol: :shock: :lol:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

timer wrote:If you take it from what CF has released since abandoning TD, he probably did'nt do a great deal. :lol: :shock: :lol:
Suuuuurrrree.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:If you take it from what CF has released since abandoning TD, he probably did'nt do a great deal. :lol: :shock: :lol:
:lol: :mrgreen:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Read the Interview with Edgar in the new Issue of "Eclipsed" (german progressiverock magazine)
There he talks about everything you always wanted to know.
Among other facts: The vaults are in Frankes possession
Edgar got really sarkastic with his answers...
24db

Post by 24db »

Any chance of a scan of the article? :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

burningbrain wrote:Read the Interview with Edgar in the new Issue of "Eclipsed" (german progressiverock magazine)

is this online, if not BM will buy this revelatory magazine in Frankfurt :idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
burningbrain wrote:Read the Interview with Edgar in the new Issue of "Eclipsed" (german progressiverock magazine)

is this online, if not BM will buy this revelatory magazine in Frankfurt :idea:
http://www.eclipsed.de/index.php?id=131 ... md=details

not online...but you can buy it...I think
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

yep and from the freak emporium :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

from the site:

To the termination of our two hurried Features out of occasion of the 40-year-old existence of Tangerine Dream, one of the few German formations, that provided also abroad for furors, we let Mr. Edgar come himself to word. The alone ruler in the TD-empire told all during the interview and brilliant at the same time with surrealism language joke.

or something :D
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:yep and from the freak emporium :D
can you get that issue though BM?, I noticed they sell a few issues, but I haven't seen the latest one on their site
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:yep and from the freak emporium :D
can you get that issue though BM?, I noticed they sell a few issues, but I haven't seen the latest one on their site

just checking but so far:

http://www.freakemporium.com/site/artis ... tpage.html

so BM has ordered that