ONE NIGHT IN SPACE CD

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

I have to report that ONIS sounds even more amazing at 37,000 ft.! :D Stupendous in-flight entertainment.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:I have to report that ONIS sounds even more amazing at 37,000 ft.! :D Stupendous in-flight entertainment.
"Passengers are reminded that all electronic equipment should be turned off as it makes the wings fall off" ;)
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:I have to report that ONIS sounds even more amazing at 37,000 ft.! :D Stupendous in-flight entertainment.
Nice to see you back Mick, & hope you all had a good holiday.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Great to see you back Mick :D Hope you and the family had a great time 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Thanks, we had a great time and it's depressing to come back to grey, damp weather. On the plus side, just about to leave to see Herr Schnauss!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:Thanks, we had a great time and it's depressing to come back to grey, damp weather. On the plus side, just about to leave to see Herr Schnauss!
Chris will be there so dont drink to much "Banana ale" :wink: have a good time 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:Thanks, we had a great time and it's depressing to come back to grey, damp weather. On the plus side, just about to leave to see Herr Schnauss!
Jammy git! ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Jammy git! ;)
Why cant you go then...........only up the road mate :?
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Jammy git! ;)
well I'm onnights, no leave left, it's sold out and the worst train service in the history of mankind don't help...apart from that it's bleeding ideal ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Jammy git! ;)
well I'm onnights, no leave left, it's sold out and the worst train service in the history of mankind don't help...apart from that it's bleeding ideal ;)
I get your drift :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Why cant you go then...........only up the road mate :?
I get your drift :wink:
typical...4th time I've missed him :D
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Got my copy of ONIS in yesterday's mail. Not a bad release. Some really good sequencer and synth work. However, I can't help thinking that the two tracks are merely the foundations for something much more ... complex. I guess I was expecting a little more layering of themes and melodies. And the second track just ends abruptly -- not necessarily a bad thing, just surprising.

Still, this is a fine investment. I'm finding something new with each listen.

BTW, are the vocals at the beginning of track 2 actually saying anything? If so, I can't quite make it out. Then again, it could just be some nonsense syllables spoken through a vocoder or something similar.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

rotwang wrote:BTW, are the vocals at the beginning of track 2 actually saying anything? If so, I can't quite make it out. Then again, it could just be some nonsense syllables spoken through a vocoder or something similar.
Depends on how far-fetched a theory you'd accept ... :wink:

Here's mine: The track name "I Could Hear It When The Moon Collapsed On Broadway" could be an allusion to "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" by Genesis. The lyrics to that song end with the words "magic in the air".

Now listen to the vocoder voice from track 2 of the EP again and tell me what it says... :)
redziller

Post by redziller »

rotwang wrote:Got my copy of ONIS in yesterday's mail. Not a bad release. Some really good sequencer and synth work. However, I can't help thinking that the two tracks are merely the foundations for something much more ... complex. I guess I was expecting a little more layering of themes and melodies. And the second track just ends abruptly -- not necessarily a bad thing, just surprising.

Still, this is a fine investment. I'm finding something new with each listen.

BTW, are the vocals at the beginning of track 2 actually saying anything? If so, I can't quite make it out. Then again, it could just be some nonsense syllables spoken through a vocoder or something similar.
I can't wait for the DVD personally. The title track with guitar on top is perhaps more what you'd been expecting. The moon going pop track has grown on me enormously. I didn't get it at all at the gig. But now it reminds me of "Without a bad Conscience" on Blue Dawn insofar as it's big and ballsy saying "well this is what I am - like it or no"
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I am so looking forward to the One Night in Space DVD. 8)

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”