ONE NIGHT IN SPACE CD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:
Pertou wrote:Michael, there's a certain quote from that song, that will get me banned if I used it here...

One Night In Space, has got to have the most precise, and in-your-face, kind of intro. So brilliant...
:?: do you mean the last 4 words of that other ... "Broadway" song?

(and is that a rumpled newspaper in orbit ?)
I think it's a crumpled up photo of the Moon
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’ll just keep buying the Single for now on. :wink:

:arrow:
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Now after listening to track two it is a grower track also.....track one is real TD stuff with a bit more bit in it ....Meaning it has a mainstream feel to it.

Cheers :D :) 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote: how's the gig review coming along Jacob?
It will take all weekend (translating takes some time), I have just opened Word, to put in my scramblings I did on a notebook in the train back home, but's gonna be very detailed, and the kind Barmy Army who joined me, will get a superb "review"!

Are you still gonna sign my Pergamon LP :wink:
lol...brilliant :D....I'm working on mine right now...it covers the entire weekend...so there's a few photos of you mate. Btw it was great to meet you Jacob, it's a shame we didn't talk more
Sorry for that, I'm so easily distracted, and I hope we get an oppurtinity next time. I liked your and Nicky's presence (you're a nice couple!)

I'm about to finish my writings for Saturday in Danish. I hope my complete review in English will be available at the end of next weekend!
24db

Post by 24db »

Cheers mate, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading it
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

There have been a lot of positive comments re ONIS and I'm really looking forward to hearing it.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:There have been a lot of positive comments re ONIS and I'm really looking forward to hearing it.
the title track is a real grower
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:There have been a lot of positive comments re ONIS and I'm really looking forward to hearing it.
The best intro ever!
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
The best intro ever!
A simple repeated sequence that drops down in pitch, with some (IMHO)
nasty slapped bass guitar...BUT...there is something about this track, it creates an almost trance like state in me, and I never want it to stop. It's the combination of the plodding rhythm (with every 8th beat with an effect on it), subtle sequencers and the pad type sounds. There's a really nice 'attack transcient'...ie something interesting within the first few milliseconds (that always grabs my attention). Things swap around and build and build, without really going anywhere...they exist....and the only answer is to play it again...and again.

I've no idea how Edgar does this, but I'm glad he knows :) I think he uses something similiar on SUIN
Last edited by 24db on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Total Edgar Froese Genial Brilliance 8) :D 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Total Edgar Froese Genial Brilliance 8) :D 8)
put simply Colin...yes.
Just think if Edgar had stopped TD in 1987 mate, all this great music we would have missed.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I agree. Ef is better than ever before - SERIOUSLY!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
Edgar Froese V1.2 ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Edgar Froese V1.2 ;)
Why not? There's nothing like old, well established musicians re-inventing the wheel!
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: I agree. Ef is better than ever before - SERIOUSLY!!!
Edgar Froese V1.2 ;)
Why not? There's nothing like old, well established musicians re-inventing the wheel!
provided they don't make it a square

Btw I think I've sussed why I like the track, the sequencer is quite busy at the start, but when the chord changes later in the track....the chords hang over the sequence ( which then goes static....before this new elements are brought in I think), so you can hear them decay naturally, over 2 bars each time and then this is stretched to 4, it adds tension as if something should happen, but never quiet does. This would be boring in the hands of a lesser musician.

Anyway, who gives a monkeys, when the music is this good!