ONE NIGHT IN SPACE CD

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Schulze wrote:The Orange Odyssey DVD and One Night in Space CD arrived today.

The CD is brilliant, and the DVD will be my perfect excuse for having a few mid week beers tonight while i watch it...... :wink:
Well thats good news and i hope you enjoy it............at least there are signs they are arriving in the UK 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

thanks for yours answers.
It 's a consolation.
Perhaps the peoples of Eastgate have many works.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:Well chaps Im a TD Completist (CD wise) and always will get everything that's released.

I like the way TD are set up with releasing on there own label, at least you know a high percentage of your hard earned lucre is going to the true artist not some big wig in an ivory tower.

Im not particulary keen on compilations, but i have got these and the previous ones and they do get regular listenings,sound quality is top notch.
I didn't use to be a completist and I didn't use to like compilations but I've been bitten by the TD bug and just have to have everything. Sad really. Having said that I really enjoyed the last two, Cyberjam and Ocean Waves, they got me through the Summer's decorating.
24db

Post by 24db »

Schulze wrote:The Orange Odyssey DVD and One Night in Space CD arrived today.

The CD is brilliant, and the DVD will be my perfect excuse for having a few mid week beers tonight while i watch it...... :wink:
Good to hear mate, perhaps it might make it south of the border tomorrow? fingers crossed etc...I'll need something for the long journey to Glasgow
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I received ONIS about half an hour ago (cheers Chris). I'm currently on my second listen and have to report what most of you already know. It's f***ing brilliant!

Two diverse tracks but both very appealing. A couple of instrumentation choices I wouldn't normally associate with Edgar (the Kraftwerkesque percussion on the title track and the slightly odd intro on track 2 - I would have said this was more TQ). Both tracks work extremely well and compliment each other perfectly.

The maestro has done it again. Thanks Edgar!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

great news mick 8)

ONIS is IMHO......EFFIN_MAGIC :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:I received ONIS about half an hour ago (cheers Chris). I'm currently on my second listen and have to report what most of you already know. It's f***ing brilliant!

Two diverse tracks but both very appealing. A couple of instrumentation choices I wouldn't normally associate with Edgar (the Kraftwerkesque percussion on the title track and the slightly odd intro on track 2 - I would have said this was more TQ). Both tracks work extremely well and compliment each other perfectly.

Great news Mick :D i totally agree with your sentiments.......The maestro is on fire at the moment 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

have you the zoom o graphic with the CD ONIS ?

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:I received ONIS about half an hour ago (cheers Chris). I'm currently on my second listen and have to report what most of you already know. It's f***ing brilliant!

Good to hear mick, wait until you hear the guitar version :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

la sagesse du destin wrote:have you the zoom o graphic with the CD ONIS ?

Charles
This copy was purchased for me in Frankfurt Charles, so no Z-O-G.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Note : I’ll start planning too buy this CD (Single) for one night in single as early by next year on 2008.

:!: :?: :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Note : I’ll start planning too buy this CD (Single) for one night in single as early by next year on 2008.

:!: :?: :arrow:
They'll probably be sold out by then Pete.
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

ONIS arrived to Texas last night.

Wow! I agonized over not being able to make the journey to Frankfurt, and though it isn't nearly the same as actually being there, it is still one of the best recordings of TD I've heard yet.

The music is over-the-top brilliant, even by TD standards. I can't believe EF is capable of getting better and better each year. His pick of musicians and sound textures - not to mention musical structure is paramount. There's no stopping this lineup!

I especially like the first track, although like most other TD, the significance of the entire musical effort will only become apparent after many listenings. I am just now absorbing the impact of Madcap as it is permanently buring itself into my brain. I wake in the mornings to tracks going off in my head! Wonderful.

-David Ryle
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:One Night In Space - I play it loud to remember a fantastic night (I'm not ´playing guitar chords along) :)

Did they play Nutshell Universe from OLY in Frankfurt???

The tracks progress wonderfully from Kraftwerkian (as Schmoelling once called Dr. Destructo) intros into space journeys, and get back to their starting point.

I love what Edgar is doing now. His minimal instrumentation of synths gives his tracks a distinct, yet very focussed and clear approach, as if he really wants to say something important. After some years where the guests where my favourites, Edgar is back at the "main man and genius" helm.

Thumbs up! 8/10
how's the gig review coming along Jacob?
2112 words (in Danish), and I haven't made it to the actual concert, yet. Please gimme some more weeks, translating might take up even more time...
timer

Post by timer »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:One Night In Space - I play it loud to remember a fantastic night (I'm not ´playing guitar chords along) :)

Did they play Nutshell Universe from OLY in Frankfurt???

The tracks progress wonderfully from Kraftwerkian (as Schmoelling once called Dr. Destructo) intros into space journeys, and get back to their starting point.

I love what Edgar is doing now. His minimal instrumentation of synths gives his tracks a distinct, yet very focussed and clear approach, as if he really wants to say something important. After some years where the guests where my favourites, Edgar is back at the "main man and genius" helm.

Thumbs up! 8/10
how's the gig review coming along Jacob?
2112 words (in Danish), and I haven't made it to the actual concert, yet. Please gimme some more weeks, translating might take up even more time...
Look forward to reading it JP.