Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Desert_Voyager wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
6 Euros (£4.50) is a very fair price for an EP. I paid £10 for an album called Rubycon, in 1995 :arrow:


Hmm ive paid around several hundred pounds for different pressings of Rubycon,if they cost thousands and i had the money i,d pay it....... its that good :arrow:


It's the quality of the music that matters much more than the track leanghs. I like the TD EP CDs. :arrow:


Quality of the music on Rubycon is unquestionable as it that on the Eps....

Oh well im just off to polish the silver disc :arrow: see ya


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
They're made with love and with the wish of giving the fans something special. I can feel it. :D 8)
Most of the tracks also wouldn't make much sense as being part of an album. Hyper Sphinx as the next studio CD? Please. But great idea as an EP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
6 Euros (£4.50) is a very fair price for an EP. I paid £10 for an album called Rubycon, in 1995 :arrow:


Hmm ive paid around several hundred pounds for different pressings of Rubycon,if they cost thousands and i had the money i,d pay it....... its that good :arrow:


It's the quality of the music that matters much more than the track leanghs. I like the TD EP CDs. :arrow:


Quality of the music on Rubycon is unquestionable as it that on the Eps....

Oh well im just of to polish the silver disc :arrow: see ya


and I'm going to play Metaphor later on and really enjoy it.... looking forward to hearing One Night in Space.

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:35 pm
Posts: 188
Location: Köln, Germany
I recieved my copy of the new EP today. The two tracks really are exeptional once more. Edgar seems to be in a very creative mood with so many great releases in a row. :D The second track title also is a fine document of TD's sense of humour.

There's just one thing that really bothers me: My copy doesn't work on my CD player (it just says "no disc" on the display). Maybe the CD got damaged on the way. :cry: I'd suggest that future EP releases are delivered in jewel cases too as these cardboard sleeves don't prevent the discs from being bended or scratched. :roll:

Strangely enough the CD plays perfectly on my computer. Now I made a copy of the two tracks on a CD-R and play this one on my standard player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
one night in space......



this ep now that i have listened a few times....has a deep majestic quality....the second track is lovely, a kraftwerkian retro esque piece, that needs to be around 30 minutes long :D



a great e.p., one that pays many listenings :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 2024
Location: staying home getting stiff
bigmoog wrote:
one night in space......



this ep now that i have listened a few times....has a deep majestic quality....the second track is lovely, a kraftwerkian retro esque piece, that needs to be around 30 minutes long :D



a great e.p., one that pays many listenings :arrow:


you know, with the refrains repeated 2^n times and each track released at 60 minutes this could make a good double CD for a bit more dollah :wink:

C'mon postie :evil:

_________________
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
6 Euros (£4.50) is a very fair price for an EP. I paid £10 for an album called Rubycon, in 1995 :arrow:


Hmm ive paid around several hundred pounds for different pressings of Rubycon,if they cost thousands and i had the money i,d pay it....... its that good :arrow:


It's the quality of the music that matters much more than the track leanghs. I like the TD EP CDs. :arrow:


Quality of the music on Rubycon is unquestionable as it that on the Eps....

Oh well im just off to polish the silver disc :arrow: see ya


brilliant album mate

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
redziller wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
one night in space......



this ep now that i have listened a few times....has a deep majestic quality....the second track is lovely, a kraftwerkian retro esque piece, that needs to be around 30 minutes long :D



a great e.p., one that pays many listenings :arrow:




C'mon postie :evil:



Mrs BM probably emptying his sack as we speak :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
epsilon75 wrote:
redziller wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
one night in space......



this ep now that i have listened a few times....has a deep majestic quality....the second track is lovely, a kraftwerkian retro esque piece, that needs to be around 30 minutes long :D



a great e.p., one that pays many listenings :arrow:




C'mon postie :evil:



Mrs BM probably emptying his sack as we speak :arrow:




:o


ms bm aint talking to me, 'where's my frankfurt souvenir, then?'

gawd :roll:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
Michael66 wrote:
They're made with love and with the wish of giving the fans something special. I can feel it. :D 8)
Most of the tracks also wouldn't make much sense as being part of an album. Hyper Sphinx as the next studio CD? Please. But great idea as an EP.


I bet you'll see 'Hyper Sphinx' on the next release in the series of 'TD plays TD' though.
Why wouldnt the other EP tracks make sense as part of an album ?

ps: I know its mostly collectors who want these so I dont have any problem with the EPs at all, its up to the individual what they spend their money on :)

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
JD wrote:
[quote="Michael66"
Why wouldnt the other EP tracks make sense as part of an album ?

I think they're too short, and there's no idea connecting them all. "Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" could be a great 30 mins sequencer epic though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
Michael66 wrote:
JD wrote:
[quote="Michael66"
Why wouldnt the other EP tracks make sense as part of an album ?

I think they're too short, and there's no idea connecting them all. "Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" could be a great 30 mins sequencer epic though.


The other track are too short ? There are tracks as long/short on lots of TD releases. The idea connecting them is usually down to the titles anyway, all of these tracks (barring the remixes) could be released as a new CD with a theme told to us by Edgar and nobody would say anything or feel they didn't connect.Its not like they use different technology, the sound palette is pretty similar for each EP.

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
The first track on this EP is damnright classic TD - IMHO - listened to it on a decent set of headphones last night - absolutely fantastic. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 1062
Location: Westren Australia:Rockingham 6168
Agreed Tim A great track not so sure yet about track 2 as I think it will need more listening

:D :) 8) :wink: :!: :arrow: Geoff

_________________
http://www.downloadplatform.com/electrocelt/
www.myspace.com/ricochet1975 Also

ElectroCelt@myspace.com
http://indielite.com/ElectroCelt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Its 1.30 am. Thee best time to listen to tangmusic, in darkness, headphones on. Now, this ep has become a quite amazing piece. It is brilliant. Short it may be, but its addictive and near perfect. Total tangerinedream. On to A.I.H. :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Page 2 of 13 [ 191 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage