Orange Odyssey DVD

prophetfive
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Well, last night was a 'Beer and Eberswalde' night in. I'm impressed with this dvd. The soundtrack, at least on my surround sound system, holds up very well throughout. The picture quality is very good and the atmosphere of a live gig comes over well. The start is a bit abrupt, with no intro or build up, and Girl On the Stairs, (opening track), sounds remarkably like White Eagle. So, 8/10 from me and Debs. If the Frankfurt DVD is up to this standard, then, there'll be a lot of happy fans around Christmastide.
8) 8) :wink: :arrow:

I think it's a dual layer dvd. The annoying glich pops up amid a Gradwohl solo. :wink: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::D :D Well, last night was a 'Beer and Eberswalde' night in. I'm impressed with this dvd. The soundtrack, at least on my surround sound system, holds up very well throughout. The picture quality is very good and the atmosphere of a live gig comes over well. The start is a bit abrupt, with no intro or build up, and Girl On the Stairs, (opening track), sounds remarkably like White Eagle. So, 8/10 from me and Debs. If the Frankfurt DVD is up to this standard, then, there'll be a lot of happy fans around Christmastide.
8) 8) :wink: :arrow:

I think it's a dual layer dvd. The annoying glich pops up amid a Gradwohl solo. :wink: :arrow:
did you buy the DVD in Frankfurt Ron?
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Came in the post yesterday, Andy. Along with the 'Space' CD. 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::D :D Came in the post yesterday, Andy. Along with the 'Space' CD. 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
right, typically I won't be home...if and when it arrives. Perfect timing! :?

Cheers for the info mate
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D The bonus Zoom O' is 'Spirit of the Centuries' I got No76. Even as an A5 print it's impressive. 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

prophetfive wrote::D :D Came in the post yesterday, Andy. Along with the 'Space' CD. 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
Well it's made it as far as Gloucestershire, not much further to Bristol. :D
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
And Shepton !. :(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Knowing my luck Tim it'll probably side-step Bristol and head straight for Shepton.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Well it's made it as far as Gloucestershire, not much further to Bristol. :D
Knowing my luck Tim it'll probably side-step Bristol and head straight for Shepton.
Hopefully ! :lol: Only joking mate.
ngc891

Post by ngc891 »

FYI

Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD-ROM
Capacity: : 7.55 GB
: 7731 MB
: 8106639360 bytes
Extended Information
Layers : 2
Layer break : 3.77 GB
Track path : OTP
Copyright protection : n/a
Region(s) : All
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

ngc891 wrote: Layers : 2
Thanks. That's good to know. :D Eastgate should mention it in the dvd specs...
I think it's a dual layer dvd. The annoying glich pops up amid a Gradwohl solo.
You may get rid of that when you upgrade your equipment in the future. I noticed that my newly bought Samsung 705 DVD recorder/player makes no layer transition pause on the Tempodrom DVD while my old player does.
24db

Post by 24db »

still waiting
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Any wrong with a DVD Error on the Disk. :?:

:!: :arrow:
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Any wrong with a DVD Error on the Disk. :?:
Nope.

We just talked about the pause when the laser of the dvd-player refocuses on the second layer. From wikipedia:

"A Dual Layer disc differs from its usual DVD counterpart by employing a second physical layer within the disc itself. The drive with Dual Layer capability accesses the second layer by shining the laser through the first semi-transparent layer. The layer change mechanism in some DVD players can show a noticeable pause, as long as two seconds by some accounts."

On some of the newest DVD-players this pause is not noticeable at all.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

It now looks likely that my Eastgate goodies will arrive while I'm on holiday. As I always have to sign for them, I can only hope that the Post Office take good care of my goods and Zoom-O-Graphic, until I return!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese