Orange Odyssey DVD

prophetfive
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by prophetfive »

timer wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
timer wrote:

I had two ordered for my birthday back in Feb - they arrived within two weeks of ordering - get onto Eastgate Ron.
:D :D Good news, Tim. Heard back from Eastgate, and, the problem was a lack of Edgar to sign the artwork. He's been tied up (in Vienna?) doing the prep. for Frankfurt. They've posted it today. Hope we don't get a postal strike next week :roll: :roll: :wink: :arrow:
Great stuff Ron, take it from me you won't be dissapointed, the Zoom o graphics are amazing to look at and the shop pictures do not do them justice.
:D :D Totally agree Tim. I've already got 'Onward March of Time' and 'Space Flight'. The colour definition is superb. 'Dawn Chorus' on the way. Can't wait. :D :D :wink: :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

Ron,

I had those two for my 40th birthday this year, what a coincidence!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

"Onward March Of Time" is a beauty and along with "By The Length Of A Day", is my favourite. These two seem to capture something of the essence of modern day TD album covers and those of the mid Seventies. I'd certainly love to have those two hanging on my wall! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D I wanted Zoom - Os which related directly to TD/Concerts. So I've branched out a bit with 'Dawn Chorus'. To be honest I'd like all of them, but, that's mega-bucks. Maybe one day 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

Should have gone for silver discs Ron...they're cheaper
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:lol: :lol: You're right there mate. :lol: :lol: :arrow:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I hope someday Edgar releases an art book containing a selection of his Zoom-O's., or postcard prints, or A4 paper prints.
180,- € for one print is sadly unthinkable for someone my income... :cry:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Michael66 wrote:I hope someday Edgar releases an art book containing a selection of his Zoom-O's., or postcard prints, or A4 paper prints.
A nice coffee-table book, like the ones Roger Dean used to do, would be good.
timer

Post by timer »

Michael66 wrote:I hope someday Edgar releases an art book containing a selection of his Zoom-O's., or postcard prints, or A4 paper prints.
That is a great idea - how about it EF?

Also would be nice to have similar with the original artwork from the LP / CD covers.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:

Also would be nice to have similar with the original artwork from the LP / CD covers.
I've often thought that Tim, but wonder whether the album artwork is subject to the same copyright constraints as the music.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:

I've often thought that Tim, but wonder whether the album artwork is subject to the same copyright constraints as the music.
I would sincerely hope not mick!.
It's one thing to have your music resticted but your artwork as well..ouch!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

No
No “Blu-ray disc” :?: well I’ll Pass this one as well too. :wink:

:arrow: :!:
HarryPotter No7

Orange Oddessy DVD

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

NT
Last edited by HarryPotter No7 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarryPotter No7

Orange Oddessy DVD

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Well, it came through the post about an hour ago so I've had a quick flick through before I go to work and so far it looks very promising, the girls in white, especially Miss Spa look magnificent, the venue looks pretty good, the light show brilliant as ever and there looks to be quite a few there watching which is always nice to see (but then wasn't it a free concert?) and the picture quality I would say almost compares with the Tempodrome DVD, anyway much better then the Astoria 2007 DVD.

The tracks standing out at first glance for me are Rare Bird, Story of the Brave, Dominion (the live 1986 version with guitar!) and Bells of Accra.

However, I do feel it's about time TD had a fresh new track list for future events as tracks like Girl on the Stairs, Logos, Purple Haze and House of the Rising Sun are getting a bit repetitive.....also, maybe the next release will have some extras on, who knows??

In all, another great release and I lookfoward to hearing it in its entirety very soon........
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Is this a single layer DVD? That could explain the lower picture quality than the Tempodrom DVD and the lack of bonus material.

Some screenshots or sample video clips would be much appreciated...