Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 am 
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 am 
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)



Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)



Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)



its because you are broaching upon the forbidden subject ...regulars are terrified of it because in the past its shut the forum down, and many have already stated they dont care anyway, they are happy just to be in a room with their heroes, although i'd guess thats the opinion of a minority of the people that attend the gigs ?

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:48 am 
JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)



Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)



its because you are broaching upon the forbidden subject ...regulars are terrified of it because in the past its shut the forum down, and many have already stated they dont care anyway, they are happy just to be in a room with their heroes, although i'd guess thats the opinion of a minority of the people that attend the gigs ?




Hmm well If the big cheese wants to shut down the forum because fans are debating if the singing is live or not then I would be very disapointed.

I am sure most fans dont care if it is or not but surely nothiong wrong with talking about it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
cantosis wrote:
JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)



Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)



its because you are broaching upon the forbidden subject ...regulars are terrified of it because in the past its shut the forum down, and many have already stated they dont care anyway, they are happy just to be in a room with their heroes, although i'd guess thats the opinion of a minority of the people that attend the gigs ?




Hmm well If the big cheese wants to shut down the forum because fans are debating if the singing is live or not then I would be very disapointed.

I am sure most fans dont care if it is or not but surely nothiong wrong with talking about it.


Well its happened before ..and is why the forum filter was set to change the word m-1-m-e to -p-l-a-y which made no sense if somebody were to write " I dont think TD have ever m-1-m-e-d" ;)

even now I had to write the word with a 1 ....

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
24db wrote:
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.


The old forum was closed down for this not playing topic once ...if my memory serves me right ...and there's no guarentee of that ;)
but ...although you say your bored with it, this is more to do with a particular gig isnt it, rather than in general ?

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
24db wrote:
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.


Surely there are far more boring topics than a little debate about whether the singing was live?

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
JD wrote:
24db wrote:
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.


The old forum was closed down for this not playing topic once ...if my memory serves me right ...and there's no guarentee of that ;)
but ...although you say your bored with it, this is more to do with a particular gig isnt it, rather than in general ?


I can see what you mean JD, there is a slight difference...but the level of discussion is basically the same...A says it's m.i.med, B argues that it's live. As with most things regarding TD, the real truth is probably far more complex than it first appears.

I should add that one of Edgar's only posts on the forum was about this subject, so whatever you might think is the truth, it shows that it matters to him, and I respect him for it.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Last edited by 24db on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.


Surely there are far more boring topics than a little debate about whether the singing was live?


it's down to the person...discuss what you like

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.


Surely there are far more boring topics than a little debate about whether the singing was live?


it's down to the person...discuss what you like


oh.... thankyou, so much. :wink:

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
24db wrote:
JD wrote:
24db wrote:
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.


The old forum was closed down for this not playing topic once ...if my memory serves me right ...and there's no guarentee of that ;)
but ...although you say your bored with it, this is more to do with a particular gig isnt it, rather than in general ?


I can see what you mean JD, there is a slight difference...but the level of discussion is basically the same...A says it's played, B argues that it's live. As with most things regarding TD, the real truth is probably far more complex than it first appears.

I should add that one of Edgar's only posts on the forum was about this subject, so whatever you might think is the truth, it shows that it matters to him.


Its true we'll never know for 100% what they do , but I've seen first hand one of the guitar players pretend to play a synth guitar solo from Dolphin Dance at the Astoria a few years back ...we all know they do it (to what extent is a different matter)
If they didnt do it all then nobody would really suspect anything or mention anything, we're not as technically ignorant as back in the 70s when people were asking how on earth they played all those sequence notes .

I haven't been to a gig since the last SB concert so maybe things have changed since ? but its obvious even on that DVD ...and I know people want to believe that hands moving on a keyboard in the playing fashion of a piano ballad are actually triggering audio files and sequences ..even though in reality that needs a lot of precision , not a carefree resting of hands on keys ;)
But ..with a great singer like Chris, surely he would be live ? he could eat that kind of material in a live setting.

Anyway ...what do I care ...I'm not going to any more live gigs anyhow.

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
Page 9 of 17 [ 244 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage