Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:53 pm 
JD wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote:
24db wrote:
here we go again ;)

Ok lads....terrified? nah...just bored. To be honest it's been done to death, over and over again. Nobody....that's 'nobody' know's 100% how TD use technology on stage, and 'nobody' changes their mind regardless of how many times we all write our opinions, and so called 'facts'.
I have my opinion (have a look at my review of the Astoria gig...'my opinion' ...not facts), and I've asked a few people 'behind the scenes' what really goes on...but...nobody ever believes me anyway ;)

the forum was closed down due to fans discussing M'iming? hmmm don't remember that one, I do remember it being closed due to it being hacked (several times) and several pointless and personal Flame Wars.


The old forum was closed down for this not playing topic once ...if my memory serves me right ...and there's no guarentee of that ;)
but ...although you say your bored with it, this is more to do with a particular gig isnt it, rather than in general ?


I can see what you mean JD, there is a slight difference...but the level of discussion is basically the same...A says it's played, B argues that it's live. As with most things regarding TD, the real truth is probably far more complex than it first appears.

I should add that one of Edgar's only posts on the forum was about this subject, so whatever you might think is the truth, it shows that it matters to him.



Anyway ...what do I care ...I'm not going to any more live gigs anyhow.



why not go to anymore gigs?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
because of the above ...and because of my post about the live players/percussion etc http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/forum/index_ad.php (2nd to last post)


sad but true .....

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:56 pm 
JD wrote:
because of the above ...and because of my post about the live players/percussion etc http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/forum/index_ad.php (2nd to last post)


sad but true .....



But you still want Edgar for president? :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
cantosis wrote:
JD wrote:
because of the above ...and because of my post about the live players/percussion etc http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/forum/index_ad.php (2nd to last post)


sad but true .....



But you still want Edgar for president? :D



I still like his music, just not his choice of stage performers :)

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:04 pm 
JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:
JD wrote:
because of the above ...and because of my post about the live players/percussion etc http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/forum/index_ad.php (2nd to last post)


sad but true .....



But you still want Edgar for president? :D



I still like his music, just not his choice of stage performers :)



I still find going to a TD an amazing experience even though I have the odd gripe or two. They cant please everyone so I accept that.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)



Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)



its because you are broaching upon the forbidden subject ...regulars are terrified of it because in the past its shut the forum down, and many have already stated they dont care anyway, they are happy just to be in a room with their heroes, although i'd guess thats the opinion of a minority of the people that attend the gigs ?

Very true JD. I was there, I have an opinion but I sure as heck won't by stepping into the firing line. I don't think it's a forbidden subject, it's just a conversation that goes nowhere. Many of us have seen this subject come up time and time again and it always goes the same way. I guess we are all thinking "not again".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
[quote="Desert_Voyager"

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)[/quote]


Forums, aren't they supposed to be a place for individuals to express opinions, and if they then choose to write about what they had in last night Nann bread, as against repeating threads that have been done to death is again an individuals choice.

I respect everyone's individual opinion on this forum, I can honestly say I don't agree with a lot of them, but I do respect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Well.....I, BM, was not at the Orange DVD gig, but I attended the Frankfurt gig...as you all well know...as well as many previous TD concert events....


...now.....from where I sat in the Alte Oper.....I only heard the music.....but as far as Im concerned...how the music was created makes no difference.


but , A priori, TD played their music LIVE, and via 'plays fantastically'

so what.. :D


yours ever yours, BM

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
Chris Monk wrote:
JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:
Why not listen to both versions on headphones to decide ?

or speakers.... and set the DVD to repeat and likewise the CD to repeat, at the same A/B points, and then switch between CD and DVD on the amp control.


Well it is very possible they re-recorded the album for the live peformance, this happens sometimes. I am not saying they just stuck the CD on and played it, But I am pretty certain that Chris Hausl did not sing live on the night. And yes I did goto the gig.


It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)



Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)



its because you are broaching upon the forbidden subject ...regulars are terrified of it because in the past its shut the forum down, and many have already stated they dont care anyway, they are happy just to be in a room with their heroes, although i'd guess thats the opinion of a minority of the people that attend the gigs ?

Very true JD. I was there, I have an opinion but I sure as heck won't by stepping into the firing line. I don't think it's a forbidden subject, it's just a conversation that goes nowhere. Many of us have seen this subject come up time and time again and it always goes the same way. I guess we are all thinking "not again".



but really there are so many subjects on here that are repeated time and again, usually somebody else's opinion on how great/bad a particular album is etc ..Its interesting you said you wont be stepping into the firing line ...why is it a firing line if its a topic thats not frowned upon ?? ;)

Personally I think its a valid topic because although its a subject that rears its head after most TD gigs ...in this case its concert specific, and vocals specific , I dont see that it differs in validity than comments or threads about the latest releases with endless glowing praise of Edgar ...some other members might read the other threads and also be thinking "not again" ;)

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)



Forums, aren't they supposed to be a place for individuals to express opinions, and if they then choose to write about what they had in last night Nann bread, as against repeating threads that have been done to death is again an individuals choice.

I respect everyone's individual opinion on this forum, I can honestly say I don't agree with a lot of them, but I do respect.


What a condescending reply..... :wink:

and I didn't know that debating the live singing at the Astoria had been "done to death"? :arrow:

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Just watched this and its totally wonderful...........i wish i were there----You know what,Edgar will always be the greatest...... Mothers of Rain :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
Just watched this and its totally wonderful...........i wish i were there----You know what,Edgar will always be the greatest...... Mothers of Rain :wink:


Excellent DVD mate, what did you think of the extended version of Stratosfear?

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
You know what Andy,this is just magic! Underwater sunlight has destroyed me emotionaly.....Stratofear is just incredible...As you say my friend------------ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC :mrgreen:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
You know what Andy,this is just magic! Underwater sunlight has destroyed me emotionaly.....Stratofear is just incredible...As you say my friend------------ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC :mrgreen:


Glad you liked it mate, I listened to it on the download and thought it was ok, but the DVD brings it to another level for me. I hope TD will play this again one day,

hell even Purple Haze is good, starting with that strange synth modulation and then into a new funky version of the track...excellent stuff

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
quick lets change the subject sharpish ;) ;) ;)

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
Page 10 of 17 [ 244 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage