Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1421
Location: London, England
:D I too think that Stratosfear is a cracker on this concert. I also loved the Dominion track and the encores. The rest was very good but those mentioned were definitely the highlights for me. I did find that once again Linda and Iris seemed well down in the mix most of the time which is a shame. May be deliberate but I think that sometimes you can hear so little of them that they might as well not be bothering. If I was them I would be a little bit p****d off that it keeps happening, unless at the actual gig it didn't sound that way?? Anyway, certainly another excellent DVD for the collection. Let's hope there are many more to come. Are they releasing the Frankfurt one on DVD?? :D :D

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
I do hope so and it was filmed.... I hope the sound quality will be as good as the Tempodrome DVD :)

:!: :arrow:

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
ant wrote:
:D I too think that Stratosfear is a cracker on this concert. I also loved the Dominion track and the encores. The rest was very good but those mentioned were definitely the highlights for me. I did find that once again Linda and Iris seemed well down in the mix most of the time which is a shame. May be deliberate but I think that sometimes you can hear so little of them that they might as well not be bothering. If I was them I would be a little bit p****d off that it keeps happening, unless at the actual gig it didn't sound that way?? Anyway, certainly another excellent DVD for the collection. Let's hope there are many more to come. Are they releasing the Frankfurt one on DVD?? :D :D


I'm pretty sure that all the musicians onstage can hear their own parts via foldback speakers at the correct volume, but whatever goes to the FOH mixer is turned down a tad when they record it. Perhaps (and this is a wild guess) Edgar doesn't want to spend ages mixing levels for the DVD (on earlier live CD's, eg from the 1997, Emil Hachfeld's drums were almost completely air-brushed out). I guess we'll never know.

They're running a competition for the DVD cover...so I guess we can expect a DVD of the Frankfurt gig...soon(ish)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1421
Location: London, England
:D Excellent - I do hope so. Am I right in thinking that someone said this was only about a 90 minute set or am I DREAMING!!!!!!? :D

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
ant wrote:
:D Excellent - I do hope so. Am I right in thinking that someone said this was only about a 90 minute set or am I DREAMING!!!!!!? :D


about that...which should mean (fingers crossed) a few extras...maybe

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
epsilon75 wrote:
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D


It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Oslo, Norway
I have viewed it twice now, and it is probably my favourite of the DVDs as well, alongside Inferno.

I have got to see TD live before they disband! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D


It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:


I hope they include a few shots of the venue and surrounding area, I was very impressed with the Alte Oper

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D


It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:


I very much hope that is the case Tim :idea: :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D


It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:


I want to see how red you went Tim ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
24db wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D


It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:


I want to see how red you went Tim ;)


:oops: :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
Guy’s Enjoy your DVD Concert of Orange Odyssey. :wink:







:!: :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D


It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:


I want to see how red you went Tim ;)


:oops: :oops: :oops:


As red as he is on his avatar :mrgreen:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 1539
Location: Madagasmala
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D


It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:


I want to see how red you went Tim ;)


:oops: :oops: :oops:


As red as he is on his avatar :mrgreen:
:D :D :D :D Just watching O. Odyssey again. It's a brilliant set, with a good atmosphere. Can't wait for the Frankfurt show. 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
Page 12 of 17 [ 244 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage