TANGINES SCALES

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:I am not planning too buy this Compilation album.
Not looking forward.
I'll Pass.
:!: :arrow:
I didn't either, I downloaded it from the Eastgate download shop. And that I don't regret.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

I downloaded it from eastgate and I am very happy with the sound quality. It sounds awesome on my mp3 player but the cd I burnt from it also sounds great. To my ears it sounds as good as any "official" CD version.
"Sydney till I Die"
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

A question for EB and/or Edgar...

Since 192Mb/s has been so successful, is there a chance you'd consider upping the stream again, either 320 (I think that's the top MP3 speed) or even FLAC files, as many of us (I think) have high download speeds these days. The latter way (flacdrop software is readily available I think and a doddle to use) would give full, lossless CD performance with no digital compression.

Not that I'm complaining about what's available already of course..... :)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

DSJR is so right, Eastgate. I would even download wav files. 320KBPs or FLAC is a good idea.
24db

Post by 24db »

...and how about a few download exclusives? be it totally different tracks, rough mixes, demos, articles, interviews or new sleeve artwork?

Downloading is expanding, as CD sales are falling off, so at least Eastgate have made a start, but even more can be done I feel
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:...and how about a few download exclusives? be it totally different tracks, rough mixes, demos, articles, interviews or new sleeve artwork?

Downloading is expanding, as CD sales are falling off, so at least Eastgate have made a start, but even more can be done I feel
Downloading is definitely the way ahed,but i still prefer the disc myself :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:...and how about a few download exclusives? be it totally different tracks, rough mixes, demos, articles, interviews or new sleeve artwork?

Downloading is definitely the way ahed,but i still prefer the disc myself :wink:
I don't think we're talking about a replacement mate, just an expansion of what is available, nothing more.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I don't think we're talking about a replacement mate, just an expansion of what is available, nothing more.
im with you on that mate,i misunderstood the comments :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

24db wrote:Downloading is expanding, as CD sales are falling off, so at least Eastgate have made a start, but even more can be done I feel
If TD would offer lossless downloads (FLAC or APE) and hi-res files of the cover artwork (equally important to me!), I'd go downloading too. That way, I could save postage costs and TD could save CD manufacturing costs. And we all could contribute our part in helping to save the planet, because pressing CDs and transporting them pollutes the environment and is unnecessarily using up energy. I collect music, not plastic... :)
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Michael66 wrote:
24db wrote:Downloading is expanding, as CD sales are falling off, so at least Eastgate have made a start, but even more can be done I feel
If TD would offer lossless downloads (FLAC or APE) and hi-res files of the cover artwork (equally important to me!), I'd go downloading too. That way, I could save postage costs and TD could save CD manufacturing costs. And we all could contribute our part in helping to save the planet, because pressing CDs and transporting them pollutes the environment and is unnecessarily using up energy. I collect music, not plastic... :)
Good point. Although I miss the art work of cd covers I would have to admitt that to me it just hasn't been the same since vinyl basically disappeared. I'm even leaning towards keeping all my downloads on flash drives and just copying and pasting them onto my mp3 player when I want to listen to them. I got a 4g flashdrive really cheap yesterday. Must be helping the planet at least a little bit without all the production transport and warehousing of CDs. I can do without covers if the sound quality is excellent and it leads to a greener planet.
"Sydney till I Die"
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

SydneyFC wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
Good point. Although I miss the art work of cd covers I would have to admitt that to me it just hasn't been the same since vinyl basically disappeared. I'm even leaning towards keeping all my downloads on flash drives and just copying and pasting them onto my mp3 player when I want to listen to them. I got a 4g flashdrive really cheap yesterday. Must be helping the planet at least a little bit without all the production transport and warehousing of CDs. I can do without covers if the sound quality is excellent and it leads to a greener planet.
Fair point. I download a fair amount but mainly because I don't have the space to store loads of CDs anymore. The only problem I find with downloading is once I have paid for something and its downloaded and I start listening I feel as though something is missing, I do miss not having the CD and cover especially if the artwork is as good as some of TD. Also because you can download virtually anything for free now from torrent sites I feel tempted to just do it this way as its easy and I can save money, even though it is breaking the law it is such a common thing now that people just do it without thinking that it`s illegal. I think there will need to be a major change in what artists do and how they sell their music. The radiohead download thing was a good idea and I can see more things like this in the future. Artists are going to have to come up with things that tempt people to pay when they download their stuff.....maybe offering limited edition posters or cards when a new album is downloaded from their website......There are many things that can be done to tempt people to download and pay for it but a little imagination is needed.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

cantosis wrote:Fair point. I download a fair amount but mainly because I don't have the space to store loads of CDs anymore.
Same here too... Because of that, I'm currently ripping all my CDs to flac. Scanning in the cover artwork is another thing, it's just that it takes ages... :?
But once a CD is "virtualized", and with foobar2000 as an audio player which is capable of displaying and letting me browse through the cover artwork while playing the music, I don't miss the "CD experience" at all. Actually I'm now seeing more of a CD's cover artwork than before cause now I don't have to take the booklet out of the plastic case anymore. It just comes up on the screen automatically once I play a track belonging to that CD.
And with my current progress, when I'm 75 I'll have completed to scan in at least all my TD booklets... :D :wink: