Tempodrom DVD

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:Watched this last weekend. As Edgar walked out on to the stage, armed only with a harmonica, I heard a little voice coming from the other end of the sofa. It was my 9 year old son saying "That's what you get when you spend all your money on the studio". :D
My son, who is also 9, watched some of the dvd and noticed that the Iris is always laughing. He did like her, he has taste on his 9 years.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Watched this last weekend. As Edgar walked out on to the stage, armed only with a harmonica, I heard a little voice coming from the other end of the sofa. It was my 9 year old son saying "That's what you get when you spend all your money on the studio". :D
My son, who is also 9, watched some of the dvd and noticed that the Iris is always laughing. He did like her, he has taste on his 9 years.

Its great to see Iris smiling looking happy at the concerts.......and the young mans taste bodes well for future girlfriends DAD :wink: :lol:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I love Iris's smile. The Tempodrome is a wonderful DVD full of wonderful music and I'm very glad that TD released it 8)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Just recieved my copy of the Tempodrome DVD (still waiting for Madcap).
I held off in purchasing the Temp DVD in hopes it would be released for region 1(USA) players. I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER. Plus I picked up the EP SWSIS too. I need a TD fix while I'm waiting (for almost a month now) for the highly anticipated Madcap DVD. I did order and recieve the 2 disc Phadrea DVD 2 weeks ago. Sweet! Anyways I'm stuck watching the Temp DVD on the computer 19" screen. It's still good. If and when it does come out for NTSC I will buy it again. Same with the Madcap DVD, if I ever recieve it. By the way is there a SETLIST of the recent Astoria gig out there? Would like to know what they played. Last time I saw TD was 2 shows in LA back 93-94. I've been waiting ever since for them to come back to the USA(anywhere). They had US dates scheduled back in late 2001. But Osama changed everything. I might try to make it to one of TD's gigs in Europe one time. That would be the ultimate TRIP!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

In February I got my DVD Live Tempodrom The Picture Quality Looks Great it like shot it on Digital Film. :D
Stereo Sound Good no Dolby Digital Sound Just Stereo Sound.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:In February I got my DVD Live Tempodrom The Picture Quality Looks Great it like shot it on Digital Film. :D

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
Laserdisc Dream wrote:In February I got my DVD Live Tempodrom The Picture Quality Looks Great it like shot it on Digital Film. :D

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

They are both great concerts though and very welcome on DVD.. :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Long overdue Coin, but now that we have them, I can say, definitely worth the wait :!: :P
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote: Have you got the SBE 2005 DVD Peter? The picture quality isn't as good as the Tempodrom DVD, but it sounds great!

Long overdue Coin, but now that we have them, I can say, definitely worth the wait :!: :P
Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I find the DVDs a tad boring...I prefer the extras more
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

Having had chance now to play SBE2005 a few times, if I had to express a preference as to which DVD I liked more, it would be Tempodrome. Superior picture quality, better camera work and personally I preferred the Tempodrome light show and effects.

But I'm not being picky or complaining, far from it. With three TD DVD's in a relatively short space of time and the Astoria 2007 to look forward to in due course, I couldn't ask for more really. :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I find the DVDs a tad boring...I prefer the extras more
I don't find them boring at all, but then I don't get the opportunity to watch them from beginning to end. Normally, viewing is over a few days, which is just enough to feed my habit!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Long overdue Coin, but now that we have them, I can say, definitely worth the wait :!: :P
I don't find them boring at all, but then I don't get the opportunity to watch them from beginning to end. Normally, viewing is over a few days, which is just enough to feed my habit!
I meant ALL music DVDs...it's the visuals with music, I just grow bored with it after a while, live in concert is a different matter...you make your own movie
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote: I meant ALL music DVDs...it's the visuals with music, I just grow bored with it after a while, live in concert is a different matter...you make your own movie
I know what you mean Andy, although Orbital's 'The Altogether' is pretty good... no end of fun searching for hidden tracks, alternative views and so on.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: I don't find them boring at all, but then I don't get the opportunity to watch them from beginning to end. Normally, viewing is over a few days, which is just enough to feed my habit!
I meant ALL music DVDs...it's the visuals with music, I just grow bored with it after a while, live in concert is a different matter...you make your own movie
I know what you mean Andy, although Orbital's 'The Altogether' is pretty good... no end of fun searching for hidden tracks, alternative views and so on.
One of the few things by Orbital I haven't got :)

IMHO TD aren't about fast cuts, video effects and crash zooms...at least that's not how I see them when I trudge along to the gigs, it's about slowly evolving colours and patterns, followed by huge waves of sound hitting you. It's about the small things, looks between the musicians, the lights in the hall, the fans, things that go wrong, the atmosphere. Listening to music allows you to image this or add your own mental images were as a DVD just rams it down your throat. Mind you...they're still excellent....so more please!!!!!!!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

endorphin wrote:Having had chance now to play SBE2005 a few times, if I had to express a preference as to which DVD I liked more, it would be Tempodrome. Superior picture quality, better camera work and personally I preferred the Tempodrome light show and effects.

But I'm not being picky or complaining, far from it. With three TD DVD's in a relatively short space of time and the Astoria 2007 to look forward to in due course, I couldn't ask for more really. :)
I'd chose the SBE2005 DVD but for all the wrong reasons. The picture and sound quality aren't as good but, for me, that just adds to the live feel of the DVD. I also prefer the track selection and, because I was there, it's a wonderful momento. Very selfish I know but that's just the type of guy I am.