Tempodrom DVD

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I really like music DVDs. I watch the Tempodrome and MFD DVD regularly. Hoping for the Astoria DVD release 8)

I second that Jason,i hope this is released via Eastgate as soon as possible :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I watched the Tempodrom DVD again late last night as i could'nt sleep......really does bring back some special memories this one :D

This was an excellent trip and a fine concert :arrow: 8)
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Did Edgar do an electric guitar solo at the Astoria gig? I can picture him doing that great guitar solo in the second half of 'One hour of Madness'

8)
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Froesesque wrote:Did Edgar do an electric guitar solo at the Astoria gig? I can picture him doing that great guitar solo in the second half of 'One hour of Madness'

8)
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X2-zhqQNMQ
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
timer

Post by timer »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Froesesque wrote:Did Edgar do an electric guitar solo at the Astoria gig? I can picture him doing that great guitar solo in the second half of 'One hour of Madness'

8)
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X2-zhqQNMQ
Great piece of footage .
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

8)
Yes he did. He was sat down whilst he was doing it, I don't think this was because he has difficulty standing these days but more to do with him being so damned busy during the show. The solo on "One Hour of Madness" was a duet between Edgar and Bernhard.

.....Edgar's solos, as per usual, were superb.
hansx

Post by hansx »

timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote: I'm with you Chris and for the same reasons.
I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!
Maybe this is why you prefer th DVD of the one you didn't attend, as you knew what the atmosphere was like at one, and any form of recording cannot out this across.
Maybe you are right, but that is not always the occasion. I have the dvd Symphonic Yes, I attended the concert also and it was great. The dvd gives the same impression and is still one of my favourits.
Concerning Tempodrome, it is also a goody, Like it very much and it is now playing behind my back. :D
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

It'd be better if these concerts were also released on CD. i realise that there are ways of getting the audio from DVDs but even so, an official release would be cool.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Maybe you are right, but that is not always the occasion. I have the dvd Symphonic Yes, I attended the concert also and it was great. The dvd gives the same impression and is still one of my favourits. :D
Symphonic Yes is a great DVD despite being Wakeman-less. Great music being played by musicians obviously having fun. I wasn't at the show but I did see the band at Birmingham on this tour so it does serve as a reminder of a show that I saw.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:Maybe you are right, but that is not always the occasion. I have the dvd Symphonic Yes, I attended the concert also and it was great. The dvd gives the same impression and is still one of my favourits. :D
Symphonic Yes is a great DVD despite being Wakeman-less. Great music being played by musicians obviously having fun. I wasn't at the show but I did see the band at Birmingham on this tour so it does serve as a reminder of a show that I saw.
Saw them on the tour at St Davids Hall in Cardiff Chris and it was bloody fantastic...........The Gates of Delirium was just an awesome spectacle......Top Class :D 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:

8)
Yes he did. He was sat down whilst he was doing it, I don't think this was because he has difficulty standing these days but more to do with him being so damned busy during the show. The solo on "One Hour of Madness" was a duet between Edgar and Bernhard.

.....Edgar's solos, as per usual, were superb.

Perhaps he remained seated as there was a risk someone might drag him off stage :shock: :oops: :roll: :wink: :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Saw them on the tour at St Davids Hall in Cardiff Chris and it was bloody fantastic...........The Gates of Delirium was just an awesome spectacle......Top Class :D 8)
The Birmingham show at the NIA was fantastic but we didn't get The Gates of Delirium, to say we were gutted would be an understatement.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I went to the Birmingham and Cardiff shows of 2003 Chris and again they were truly excellent :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:I went to the Birmingham and Cardiff shows of 2003 Chris and again they were truly excellent :D
Got to be honest here Colin, I've never seen a bad Yes show. Even when they had Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn from The Buggles in the band they were better than most bands out there. They just shouldn't have let Trevor sing.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I went to the Birmingham and Cardiff shows of 2003 Chris and again they were truly excellent :D
Got to be honest here Colin, I've never seen a bad Yes show. Even when they had Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn from The Buggles in the band they were better than most bands out there. They just shouldn't have let Trevor sing.....
I agree Chris,and Drama is a decent album but Trevor was never going to be a Jon Anderson..............and i must admit ive never seen a bad Yes show myself,just top quality musicians plying their trade 8) :D