Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:24 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:
Having had chance now to play SBE2005 a few times, if I had to express a preference as to which DVD I liked more, it would be Tempodrome. Superior picture quality, better camera work and personally I preferred the Tempodrome light show and effects.

But I'm not being picky or complaining, far from it. With three TD DVD's in a relatively short space of time and the Astoria 2007 to look forward to in due course, I couldn't ask for more really. :)

I'd chose the SBE2005 DVD but for all the wrong reasons. The picture and sound quality aren't as good but, for me, that just adds to the live feel of the DVD. I also prefer the track selection and, because I was there, it's a wonderful momento. Very selfish I know but that's just the type of guy I am.

I'm with you Chris and for the same reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:28 pm 

Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:
Having had chance now to play SBE2005 a few times, if I had to express a preference as to which DVD I liked more, it would be Tempodrome. Superior picture quality, better camera work and personally I preferred the Tempodrome light show and effects.

But I'm not being picky or complaining, far from it. With three TD DVD's in a relatively short space of time and the Astoria 2007 to look forward to in due course, I couldn't ask for more really. :)

I'd chose the SBE2005 DVD but for all the wrong reasons. The picture and sound quality aren't as good but, for me, that just adds to the live feel of the DVD. I also prefer the track selection and, because I was there, it's a wonderful momento. Very selfish I know but that's just the type of guy I am.

I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:57 pm 

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:

I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!

Maybe this is why you prefer th DVD of the one you didn't attend, as you knew what the atmosphere was like at one, and any form of recording cannot out this across.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:05 pm 

Good point Tim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:22 pm 

timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:

Maybe this is why you prefer th DVD of the one you didn't attend, as you knew what the atmosphere was like at one, and any form of recording cannot out this across.

Absolutely.

Shame the DVD doesn't come with a little sachet of SBE atmosphere, all smokey and beer soaked. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:

Absolutely.

Shame the DVD doesn't come with a little sachet of SBE atmosphere, all smokey and beer soaked. :wink:

That's the truth, I love the DVD of the Tempodrome but being there would have been the ultimate, of course.

I really hope for a DVD of the Astoria concert as I loved this much more than the SBE 2005 concert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:30 am 

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:

Absolutely.

Don't forget the body odour from the merchandise stall scrum :shock:

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:47 am 

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Laserdisc Dream wrote:
In February I got my DVD Live Tempodrom The Picture Quality Looks Great it like shot it on Digital Film. :D
Stereo Sound Good no Dolby Digital Sound Just Stereo Sound.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Have you got the SBE 2005 DVD Peter? The picture quality isn't as good as the Tempodrom DVD, but it sounds great!

They are both great concerts though and very welcome on DVD.. :D

Long overdue Coin, but now that we have them, I can say, definitely worth the wait :!: :P

Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I find the DVDs a tad boring...I prefer the extras more

:shock: :shock: :shock: Shock Horror :arrow: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:10 am 

What Edgar Say on Stage at Tempodrome. :?:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:44 pm 

I stick on the Tempodrom DVD whenever I feel a little glum. It's just an excellent journey through the bands career and has a good selection of tracks!

Did anyone see what looks like a digital audio player next to Edgars synth set up? And did they use Cubase for the on-stage sequencing? I didn't see any sign of it on their laptop screens or the big displays!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:32 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Laserdisc Dream wrote:
In February I got my DVD Live Tempodrom The Picture Quality Looks Great it like shot it on Digital Film. :D
Stereo Sound Good no Dolby Digital Sound Just Stereo Sound.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Have you got the SBE 2005 DVD Peter? The picture quality isn't as good as the Tempodrom DVD, but it sounds great!

They are both great concerts though and very welcome on DVD.. :D

Long overdue Coin, but now that we have them, I can say, definitely worth the wait :!: :P

Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I find the DVDs a tad boring...I prefer the extras more

:shock: :shock: :shock: Shock Horror :arrow: :?

I do, sue me! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:08 pm 

I myself have never much been a big music dvd fan. I find that I watch them once and then file them for the long haul, as a repeated viewing offers little or no suprises.

With TD, I was certainly one of those BEGGING the band to release a dvd. I certainly got what I wanted with the recent onslaught of releases - but , IMHO, that's not really a good thing.

Having a recent concert released on dvd (FINALLY!) was very exciting (I'm thinking Tempodrom) - however, I think it's becoming a case of "saturation" with all the '05 - '07 releases. Again, beggars shouldn't be choosers, but I feel that if any dvd release OTHER THAN the latest line up would be very nice. I realize there's legal issues with older concerts, but I feel that if they release, say, the Astoria gig, I won't purchase it because I feel as though I've just seen that gig/format on two [very recently] released dvds (SBE, and Tempo).

That's just me. In a nutshell, I think it's silly and a tad overbearing to be releasing dvds for EVERY show in recent gig history, as it's all pretty much the same.

With that, with the footage of the '88 tour on the site, I wonder if the remainder of that show has been preserved for possible DVD release?... THAT would be a definite purchase!!!!

Still, a HUGE thanks to TD for listening to your fan base. VERY much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:54 pm 

I really like music DVDs. I watch the Tempodrome and MFD DVD regularly. Hoping for the Astoria DVD release 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm 

Desert_Voyager wrote:
I really like music DVDs. I watch the Tempodrome and MFD DVD regularly. Hoping for the Astoria DVD release 8)

I take it they filmed the Astoria concert then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:02 pm 

Froesesque wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:

I take it they filmed the Astoria concert then?

Yes, there was a camera man on stage who was filming it from many different angles.... it will be good to see live playing close up. It was necessary for him to get close to the instruments for the best view and filming qualities. Really hoping it will be released soon.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22 [ 327 posts ] 

Jump to: