Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:38 pm 

Desert_Voyager wrote:
I really like music DVDs. I watch the Tempodrome and MFD DVD regularly. Hoping for the Astoria DVD release 8)

I second that Jason,i hope this is released via Eastgate as soon as possible :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:50 pm 

I watched the Tempodrom DVD again late last night as i could'nt sleep......really does bring back some special memories this one :D

This was an excellent trip and a fine concert :arrow: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:43 pm 

Did Edgar do an electric guitar solo at the Astoria gig? I can picture him doing that great guitar solo in the second half of 'One hour of Madness'

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:14 pm 

Froesesque wrote:
Did Edgar do an electric guitar solo at the Astoria gig? I can picture him doing that great guitar solo in the second half of 'One hour of Madness'

8)

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X2-zhqQNMQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:45 pm 

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Froesesque wrote:

8)

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X2-zhqQNMQ

Great piece of footage .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:59 pm 

Froesesque wrote:

8)

Yes he did. He was sat down whilst he was doing it, I don't think this was because he has difficulty standing these days but more to do with him being so damned busy during the show. The solo on "One Hour of Madness" was a duet between Edgar and Bernhard.

.....Edgar's solos, as per usual, were superb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:14 am 

timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:
Having had chance now to play SBE2005 a few times, if I had to express a preference as to which DVD I liked more, it would be Tempodrome. Superior picture quality, better camera work and personally I preferred the Tempodrome light show and effects.

But I'm not being picky or complaining, far from it. With three TD DVD's in a relatively short space of time and the Astoria 2007 to look forward to in due course, I couldn't ask for more really. :)

I'd chose the SBE2005 DVD but for all the wrong reasons. The picture and sound quality aren't as good but, for me, that just adds to the live feel of the DVD. I also prefer the track selection and, because I was there, it's a wonderful momento. Very selfish I know but that's just the type of guy I am.

I'm with you Chris and for the same reasons.

I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!

Maybe this is why you prefer th DVD of the one you didn't attend, as you knew what the atmosphere was like at one, and any form of recording cannot out this across.

Maybe you are right, but that is not always the occasion. I have the dvd Symphonic Yes, I attended the concert also and it was great. The dvd gives the same impression and is still one of my favourits.
Concerning Tempodrome, it is also a goody, Like it very much and it is now playing behind my back. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:43 pm 

It'd be better if these concerts were also released on CD. i realise that there are ways of getting the audio from DVDs but even so, an official release would be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:03 pm 

hansx wrote:
Maybe you are right, but that is not always the occasion. I have the dvd Symphonic Yes, I attended the concert also and it was great. The dvd gives the same impression and is still one of my favourits. :D

Symphonic Yes is a great DVD despite being Wakeman-less. Great music being played by musicians obviously having fun. I wasn't at the show but I did see the band at Birmingham on this tour so it does serve as a reminder of a show that I saw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:44 am 

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Maybe you are right, but that is not always the occasion. I have the dvd Symphonic Yes, I attended the concert also and it was great. The dvd gives the same impression and is still one of my favourits. :D

Symphonic Yes is a great DVD despite being Wakeman-less. Great music being played by musicians obviously having fun. I wasn't at the show but I did see the band at Birmingham on this tour so it does serve as a reminder of a show that I saw.

Saw them on the tour at St Davids Hall in Cardiff Chris and it was bloody fantastic...........The Gates of Delirium was just an awesome spectacle......Top Class :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:46 am 

Chris Monk wrote:
Froesesque wrote:

8)

Yes he did. He was sat down whilst he was doing it, I don't think this was because he has difficulty standing these days but more to do with him being so damned busy during the show. The solo on "One Hour of Madness" was a duet between Edgar and Bernhard.

.....Edgar's solos, as per usual, were superb.

Perhaps he remained seated as there was a risk someone might drag him off stage :shock: :oops: :roll: :wink: :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:27 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:

Saw them on the tour at St Davids Hall in Cardiff Chris and it was bloody fantastic...........The Gates of Delirium was just an awesome spectacle......Top Class :D 8)

The Birmingham show at the NIA was fantastic but we didn't get The Gates of Delirium, to say we were gutted would be an understatement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:36 pm 

I went to the Birmingham and Cardiff shows of 2003 Chris and again they were truly excellent :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:41 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
I went to the Birmingham and Cardiff shows of 2003 Chris and again they were truly excellent :D

Got to be honest here Colin, I've never seen a bad Yes show. Even when they had Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn from The Buggles in the band they were better than most bands out there. They just shouldn't have let Trevor sing.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:43 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Got to be honest here Colin, I've never seen a bad Yes show. Even when they had Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn from The Buggles in the band they were better than most bands out there. They just shouldn't have let Trevor sing.....

I agree Chris,and Drama is a decent album but Trevor was never going to be a Jon Anderson..............and i must admit ive never seen a bad Yes show myself,just top quality musicians plying their trade 8) :D

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22 [ 327 posts ] 

Jump to: