Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:55 pm 

I reckon they're censoring all the Welsh posts for sheep expletives too ! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:55 pm 

exit81 wrote:
I reckon they're censoring all the Welsh posts for sheep expletives too ! :shock:

bah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:58 pm 

exit81 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: S-heep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:07 pm 

www.ewes4u.com

No, they didn't censor that !! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:51 pm 

I vote for the awesome guitar riffs in Song of the Whale pt 1&2 and Cool Breeze of Brighton. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:24 pm 

'Song Of The Whale Part 2' hands down, but also for anyone (everyone?) that has live recordings from late '81 early '82 tours, check also "Bondi Parade" -nice solos and a nice hypnotic track.
Cheers

P.S. Nice guitar work on 'Force Majeure' album also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:45 pm 

Pergamon.......Quichotte PT. II..........without a doubt, hands down, and it clocks in at 9:10..........Edgar rips a guitar solo here that is blissfully dangerous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:15 pm 

greatest guitar? all of it!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:24 pm 

24db wrote:

Andy, I'm inclined to agree with you, but why has no-one mentioned the incredible guitar solo on Ricochet Pt1? It's agonised and I find myself seriously moved every time I hear it! Maybe it's too old now and is below the radar..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:37 pm 

DSJR wrote:
24db wrote:

Andy, I'm inclined to agree with you, but why has no-one mentioned the incredible guitar solo on Ricochet Pt1? It's agonised and I find myself seriously moved every time I hear it! Maybe it's too old now and is below the radar..

Maybe mate...to be honest I find the whole which 'bit' of TD's music you like more anything else a bit...well....let's just call it, um...too hard...or 'for me' a thought process that goes nowhere. You might as well ask which album has the best Hi-Hat sound or the album cover that has the best shade of RED on it. The guitar is part of TD, and (although I'm prone to it myself) if you over analyse things, and dissect things, then like a kid with their toy you end up breaking it, or perhaps better said, taking a certain level of magic out of the whole process of enjoying music.
I find it a bit like (and you'll be the one to say if this is right or wrong) where you try loads and loads of Hi-Fi seperates...you can get to the stage of no-longer listening to the music, feeling the emotions and start to listen to the process, the technical side of things...then the music is secondary.

I can tell you what my favourite record is...approx this week....but anything more than that would be BS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:42 pm 

24db wrote:
DSJR wrote:
24db wrote:

Maybe mate...to be honest I find the whole which 'bit' of TD's music you like more anything else a bit...well....let's just call it, um...too hard...or 'for me' a thought process that goes nowhere. You might as well ask which album has the best Hi-Hat sound or the album cover that has the best shade of RED on it. The guitar is part of TD, and (although I'm prone to it myself) if you over analyse things, and dissect things, then like a kid with their toy you end up breaking it, or perhaps better said, taking a certain level of magic out of the whole process of enjoying music.
I find it a bit like (and you'll be the one to say if this is right or wrong) where you try loads and loads of Hi-Fi seperates...you can get to the stage of no-longer listening to the music, feeling the emotions and start to listen to the process, the technical side of things...then the music is secondary.

I can tell you what my favourite record is...approx this week....but anything more than that would be BS

Yeah! I got "demo'd out" on a regular basis for many years......

I love listening to music of all kinds on all kinds of plays fantastically gear - the music is what drives me (a better sound system helps me to feel the music better though) and currently, I need TD's musical output/input more than ever...

I can't say this enough - THANKS EDGAR!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:38 pm 

DSJR wrote:
24db wrote:
DSJR wrote:
24db wrote:

Yeah! I got "demo'd out" on a regular basis for many years......

I love listening to music of all kinds on all kinds of plays fantastically gear - the music is what drives me (a better sound system helps me to feel the music better though) and currently, I need TD's musical output/input more than ever...

I can't say this enough - THANKS EDGAR!!!!!!!

I'll be inclined to agrre with you on this one..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:02 pm 

Yes, offcourse all of them are great. I agree with you there. But If I do have to choose a riff then it had to be those from Song of the Whale pt1&2 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:38 pm 

rare bird riff at the astoria knocked me out; however, coldwater canyon has to be the best axe work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:41 pm 

Still think the solo's from MFD - Dream of Death & One Hour of Madness show so much emotion.

I cannot dismiss Coldwater Canyon as one of my all time favourite guitar works- EF Thanks.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] 

Jump to: