Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 pm 

Yup, dowloaded this album last night. Quite a bargin for six and a half quid from this website.

Nice album, not as good as 'the man inside' soundtrack I think. I've been listening to Destination Berlin on my mp3 player on the bus today, some of the tracks are a bit samey but all have great melodies. I think 'Berlin Summer Nights' is absolutley gorgeous, even though it was played to the backdrop to a Nuneaton Autumn night. Play this one at the end of a future gig Edgar and gang!!

To summarise: nice album, not as good as other soundtracks of the time, very jaunty and just...........................Nice

:D What do you guys think?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:10 pm 

I've always felt this is a very good album in its own right, doesn't really sound like a soundtrack to me, the album is way too short tho but I really enjoy all the tracks, a lot of which were played at the 1990 UK tour which also remain firm favourites.....I would give it 8/10

Last edited by HarryPotter No7 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:10 pm 

HarryPotter No7 wrote:
I've always felt this is a very good album in its own right, doesn't really sound like a soundtrack to me, the album is way too short tho but I really enjoy all the tracks, a lot of which were played at the 1990s concerts which also remain a firm favourite.....I would give it 8/10

worked well with the film as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:45 pm 

24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:
I've always felt this is a very good album in its own right, doesn't really sound like a soundtrack to me, the album is way too short tho but I really enjoy all the tracks, a lot of which were played at the 1990s concerts which also remain a firm favourite.....I would give it 8/10

never seen the film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:31 pm 

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:

never seen the film.

some fan filmed it at the 360 degree cinema...for memory the music was a different mix to that used on the final CD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:12 pm 

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:

never seen the film.

some fan filmed it at the 360 degree cinema...for memory the music was a different mix to that used on the final CD

Presume it is one of the dvd's in the TD video tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:30 pm 

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:

never seen the film.

Yes its Volume (30) of the series 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:33 am 

epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:

never seen the film.

Shame that those things are never on the internet as a torrent or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:30 am 

hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:

never seen the film.

Shame that those things are never on the internet as a torrent or something like that.

You can still get hold of them if need be :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:35 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:

never seen the film.

could you make copies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:38 pm 

hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:

never seen the film.

could you make copies?

Hansx

Contact me on this address and i will point you in the right direction

convention24@yahoo.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:49 pm 
I finally managed to set up a PayPal account. (ánd I couldn't believe I gave up last time time, so embarrasing)

Download went rather easy and quick. A little too expensive for DB, because there is hardly any difference between the "re-recording" and the original. But finally I managed to get the unreleased tracks, Year of the Monkey, Cloud Face, and The Golden Head, which I find rather new-agey and nothing special.

I will order the three new releases tomorrow, when I get paid! woo-hoo! (I'm so done with ordering Eastgate stuff from Groove)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:39 pm 

Pertou wrote:
I finally

(I'm so done with ordering Eastgate stuff from Groove)

Why??? What is wrong with Groove?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:46 pm 
hansx wrote:
Pertou wrote:

Slow and expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:52 pm 

Pertou wrote:
hansx wrote:
Pertou wrote:
I finally

Slow and expensive.

Slow?? I always receive my things within a week after ordering, but ok I live in Holland.
And expensive? When I order a dvd from TD, I pay 27,95€ and from Groove 26,50 (both postage included). Of course the price of the dvd or cd is a bit more, they have to earn also a bit.
I usually have no problems with Groove.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Jump to: