paradiso & purgatorio dvd's - WHEN?

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

harmonicaman wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:If some people were jeering, they were probably spoiling it for others who could have been enjoying the music. Maybe they should have just left instead if they were so unhappy.... or maybe they were enjoying jeering?

:!: :arrow:
People pay good money to go to shows.
People do not go to shows just to heckle.
people do not go to shows to be "unhappy"

People heckled because they thought it sucked, and they have every right to think that as they paid the above mentioned good money.

I was fourth rows from the front, centre aisle.

After a good opening it didn't take long to realise the ££ for the two tickets and the 500 mile round trip drive would have been better spent doing ANYTHING else.
The people who feel so strongly, that they are prepared to spoil the concert for the other people who have also paid as much and travelled a long way, by heckling throughout, should do everyone a favour, not take the risk of hearing some new music that they may dislike, leave and stay away..... please stay away!
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
harmonicaman wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:If some people were jeering, they were probably spoiling it for others who could have been enjoying the music. Maybe they should have just left instead if they were so unhappy.... or maybe they were enjoying jeering?

:!: :arrow:
People pay good money to go to shows.

People heckled because they thought it sucked, and they have every right to think that as they paid the above mentioned good money.

After a good opening it didn't take long to realise the ££ for the two tickets and the 500 mile round trip drive would have been better spent doing ANYTHING else.
The people who feel so strongly, that they are prepared to spoil the concert for the other people who have also paid as much and travelled a long way, by heckling throughout, should do everyone a favour, not take the risk of hearing some new music that they may dislike, leave and stay away..... please stay away!
A guy near to me had flown in from the States. He seemed quite happy. It's not as if the fans hadn't been told it was a Dante style show, it was well telegraphed.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think you might have been sat next to Vic Rek,we were drinking with him in the bar after the show and Vic seemed as happy as always :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
harmonicaman wrote: People pay good money to go to shows.

A guy near to me had flown in from the States. He seemed quite happy. It's not as if the fans hadn't been told it was a Dante style show, it was well telegraphed.
Chris, the Guardian Newspaper mis-advertised this as a 'best of gig'. Anyway, it's all in the past
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I would willingly sit and watch it all again............but thats certainly not going to happen.........certainly is all in the past :arrow:
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: The people who feel so strongly, that they are prepared to spoil the concert for the other people who have also paid as much and travelled a long way, by heckling throughout, should do everyone a favour, not take the risk of hearing some new music that they may dislike, leave and stay away..... please stay away!
Chris, the Guardian Newspaper mis-advertised this as a 'best of gig'. Anyway, it's all in the past
It maybe in the past for some but its all news to me, so lets not just stop because its another topic that some members have heard before and might be nervous of (like the live playing topic of a week or so ago).......I know little about the event and it might just influence whether I buy the DVD or not ...I know there was some controversy in the past about this gig, and even Edgar commented I think ...but I didnt see that post or know anything about it really other than what I am reading here, so can I kindly ask certain people not to whitewash this topic with "Edgar is God" type posts again in an attempt to stop the topic because its not fair on other people who want to know more.

Its just a kind request and not an invitation to a flame war. :)

ps:edit ...i know nobody has started this yet but im curious to hear other peoples unbiased opinions about what happened without a shutdown.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You have a valid point IMHO............
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Yeh I was enjoying reading this topic, when this gig took place I wasn`t listening to TD so didn`t know what the hell went on, I am quite shocked to read there was booing and whatever but I guess I should give the CDs a listen then maybe I will know why ;)
JD

Post by JD »

cantosis wrote:Yeh I was enjoying reading this topic, when this gig took place I wasn`t listening to TD so didn`t know what the hell went on, I am quite shocked to read there was booing and whatever but I guess I should give the CDs a listen then maybe I will know why ;)
Well even though I''m not a fan of the Dante music there is no way I would have shouted or booed because I'm not arrogant enough to think that people MUST and want to hear my opinions ......well at least not verbally ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
timer

Post by timer »

I an also not a Dante series fan, the least listened to CDs in the whole collection (apart from Rubycon ! :shock: :lol: )

But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the Inferno DVD, of how well it had been put together and across. So again .even though I was at the Purgatorio concert at RFH and didn't enjoy it, I would love to see the footage.
ant

Post by ant »

:D I knew exactly what to expect at the RFH gig and really enjoyed it. It was well advertised that it was a Dante gig so I find it strange that some went not knowing that. I understand it was certain members of the press who booed it expecting it to be a full-blown TD electronic experience. But even if it wasn't what they were expecting why is it they cannot still appreciate the work that has gone into the performance even if it is not their cup of tea?? :D
Biggus Dickus
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

when one listens to infernopurgatorioparadiso in one sitting...as bm has done :shock: ....it makes some sense as a classically inspired opus....there are deeply boring sections, high moments of genius, telling snippets of tangmusic...overall its a tough listen that rewards a dedicated listen.....for him the recordings are well worth the time, it just annoys me that the RFH 2004 gig was so, so disappointing :?
...The wise.....are silent.....
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:when one listens to infernopurgatorioparadiso in one sitting...as bm has done :shock: ....it makes some sense as a classically inspired opus....there are deeply boring sections, high moments of genius, telling snippets of tangmusic...overall its a tough listen that rewards a dedicated listen.....for him the recordings are well worth the time, it just annoys me that the RFH 2004 gig was so, so disappointing :?
I tried listening to Paradiso last week. 1st time in many many many months. I couldnt make it through the 1st track. My god the boredom is just too intense. I'd rather listen to Peter Baumann saw wood.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:
bigmoog wrote:when one listens to infernopurgatorioparadiso in one sitting...as bm has done :shock: ....it makes some sense as a classically inspired opus....there are deeply boring sections, high moments of genius, telling snippets of tangmusic...overall its a tough listen that rewards a dedicated listen.....for him the recordings are well worth the time, it just annoys me that the RFH 2004 gig was so, so disappointing :?
I tried listening to Paradiso last week. 1st time in many many many months. I couldnt make it through the 1st track. My god the boredom is just too intense. I'd rather listen to Peter Baumann saw wood.

I did hear he brought out his own version of "Im a Lumberjack" :mrgreen:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

peter baumann sawing wood?........sounds awesome.....no doubt there are mellotron tapes in existence :?: :D
...The wise.....are silent.....