Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: Story of the Brave
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
What Tee Dee album did Story of the Brave first appear on? I just got Tangine Scales and hear Story of the Brave. I swear this is on another CD of mine but for the life of me cannot find it. Where have I heard this before?

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Oslo, Norway
It was first performed on the 1992 North American tour, but not released until 1994 (I think) as a bonus track on the second edition of Turn of the Tides.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
Mephistopheles wrote:
It was first performed on the 1992 North American tour, but not released until 1994 (I think) as a bonus track on the second edition of Turn of the Tides.


I am not sure I have that edition of TTOT but maybe. I'll have to wait until I get home to check. On Tangine Scales, that tune is incredible. Quite easily the best of the Miramar era. I was sort of bummed out about Tangine Scales as most tunes are not remixed much at all. But Story of the Brave is awesome.


One Night in Space, on the other hand, I am quite happy with.

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:54 pm 
Mephistopheles wrote:
It was first performed on the 1992 North American tour, but not released until 1994 (I think) as a bonus track on the second edition of Turn of the Tides.


It's also on Dream Encores (although it was no encore), but the best version was during the Frankfurt performance. I guess the Orange Oddyssey is no different either. Bernhards guitar performance made a quite dull track very exciting... :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
The TOTT with the "Story of the Brave" bonus track was released on the Coast to Coast label in the UK :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
Story of the Brave is a very cool track.... sounds really good on Arizona 92 aswell. 8)

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
24db wrote:
the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT

That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT

That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.


Elf June was replaced on the (Austrailian) pressing of GG with "Fort Worth Runway One" :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT

That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.


Elf June was replaced on the (Austrailian) pressing of GG with "Fort Worth Runway One" :wink:

Never understood that because Elf June is just awesome where as Fort Worth is a bit tedious IMO .....or should that be TDous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Story of the Brave is a very cool track.... sounds really good on Arizona 92 aswell. 8)


Going home to check out Arizona right now. Maybe that is why this CD is selling on Ebay for hundreds of quid.

Shocking that I actually attended a gig with Story of the Brave being played. Of course, I'll have to hear Arizona first to see if it is the same as on Tangine Scales. Maybe the rework is the version I like better.

I cant recall a single thing about the '92 show I went to. Sadly it was musically very much forgettable.

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Story of the Brave is a very cool track.... sounds really good on Arizona 92 aswell. 8)


Going home to check out Arizona right now. Maybe that is why this CD is selling on Ebay for hundreds of quid.

Shocking that I actually attended a gig with Story of the Brave being played. Of course, I'll have to hear Arizona first to see if it is the same as on Tangine Scales. Maybe the rework is the version I like better.

I cant recall a single thing about the '92 show I went to. Sadly it was musically very much forgettable.


I suppose it's selling for that much because it is very hard to get and some TD fans will like what's on it. I do think alot of the themes are very memorable and powerful.... for example, who could forget Rockoon and Hamlet.... I love Arizona 92, give it another listen. :)

:!: :arrow:

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT

That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.


Elf June was replaced on the (Austrailian) pressing of GG with "Fort Worth Runway One" :wink:

Never understood that because Elf June is just awesome where as Fort Worth is a bit tedious IMO .....or should that be TDous.


Of course Chris the 2004 re-master of GG contains all the tracks from the previous releases 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT

That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.


Elf June was replaced on the (Austrailian) pressing of GG with "Fort Worth Runway One" :wink:

Never understood that because Elf June is just awesome where as Fort Worth is a bit tedious IMO .....or should that be TDous.


Of course Chris the 2004 re-master of GG contains all the tracks from the previous releases 8)

Never got around to getting myself a copy of that release and now it's out of print. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Story of the Brave is a very cool track.... sounds really good on Arizona 92 aswell. 8)


Going home to check out Arizona right now. Maybe that is why this CD is selling on Ebay for hundreds of quid.

Shocking that I actually attended a gig with Story of the Brave being played. Of course, I'll have to hear Arizona first to see if it is the same as on Tangine Scales. Maybe the rework is the version I like better.

I cant recall a single thing about the '92 show I went to. Sadly it was musically very much forgettable.


I suppose it's selling for that much because it is very hard to get and some TD fans will like what's on it. I do think alot of the themes are very memorable and powerful.... for example, who could forget Rockoon and Hamlet.... I love Arizona 92, give it another listen. :)

:!: :arrow:


Well, I listened to Story of the Brave on Arizona yesterday. I also checked my copy of TOTT and did not see that track on it. Since Story of the Brave is very familiar to me, I must know it from Arizona. But that is shocking in that I only listened to Arizona once and did not even give it 10% of my attention while listening.

Does Linda Spa get a writing credit for Story of the Brave by any chance?

I think my distaste for early '90s TD can be boiled down to the synths that they used at the time, not the writing. I just cant stand the synth sounds on these albums. They sound soooooo canned. Today's TD synths are a billion times better. If Edgar HAS to rerecord stuff, he should rerecord the early '90s albums with better synths.

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage