Story of the Brave

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Story of the Brave

Post by rattymouse »

What Tee Dee album did Story of the Brave first appear on? I just got Tangine Scales and hear Story of the Brave. I swear this is on another CD of mine but for the life of me cannot find it. Where have I heard this before?
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

It was first performed on the 1992 North American tour, but not released until 1994 (I think) as a bonus track on the second edition of Turn of the Tides.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Mephistopheles wrote:It was first performed on the 1992 North American tour, but not released until 1994 (I think) as a bonus track on the second edition of Turn of the Tides.
I am not sure I have that edition of TTOT but maybe. I'll have to wait until I get home to check. On Tangine Scales, that tune is incredible. Quite easily the best of the Miramar era. I was sort of bummed out about Tangine Scales as most tunes are not remixed much at all. But Story of the Brave is awesome.

One Night in Space, on the other hand, I am quite happy with.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Mephistopheles wrote:It was first performed on the 1992 North American tour, but not released until 1994 (I think) as a bonus track on the second edition of Turn of the Tides.
It's also on Dream Encores (although it was no encore), but the best version was during the Frankfurt performance. I guess the Orange Oddyssey is no different either. Bernhards guitar performance made a quite dull track very exciting... :D
24db

Post by 24db »

the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The TOTT with the "Story of the Brave" bonus track was released on the Coast to Coast label in the UK :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Story of the Brave is a very cool track.... sounds really good on Arizona 92 aswell. 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:the Story of the Brave also first appeared on a 5 track EP from TOTT
That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.
Elf June was replaced on the (Austrailian) pressing of GG with "Fort Worth Runway One" :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Elf June was replaced on the (Austrailian) pressing of GG with "Fort Worth Runway One" :wink:
Never understood that because Elf June is just awesome where as Fort Worth is a bit tedious IMO .....or should that be TDous.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Story of the Brave is a very cool track.... sounds really good on Arizona 92 aswell. 8)
Going home to check out Arizona right now. Maybe that is why this CD is selling on Ebay for hundreds of quid.

Shocking that I actually attended a gig with Story of the Brave being played. Of course, I'll have to hear Arizona first to see if it is the same as on Tangine Scales. Maybe the rework is the version I like better.

I cant recall a single thing about the '92 show I went to. Sadly it was musically very much forgettable.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:Story of the Brave is a very cool track.... sounds really good on Arizona 92 aswell. 8)
Going home to check out Arizona right now. Maybe that is why this CD is selling on Ebay for hundreds of quid.

Shocking that I actually attended a gig with Story of the Brave being played. Of course, I'll have to hear Arizona first to see if it is the same as on Tangine Scales. Maybe the rework is the version I like better.

I cant recall a single thing about the '92 show I went to. Sadly it was musically very much forgettable.
I suppose it's selling for that much because it is very hard to get and some TD fans will like what's on it. I do think alot of the themes are very memorable and powerful.... for example, who could forget Rockoon and Hamlet.... I love Arizona 92, give it another listen. :)

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: That's where I first heard it. Linda Spa may not get many writing credits with TD but when she does they are usually great tracks. The only other one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Elf June and the Midnight Patrol.
Never understood that because Elf June is just awesome where as Fort Worth is a bit tedious IMO .....or should that be TDous.
Of course Chris the 2004 re-master of GG contains all the tracks from the previous releases 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Elf June was replaced on the (Austrailian) pressing of GG with "Fort Worth Runway One" :wink:
Of course Chris the 2004 re-master of GG contains all the tracks from the previous releases 8)
Never got around to getting myself a copy of that release and now it's out of print. :cry:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

I suppose it's selling for that much because it is very hard to get and some TD fans will like what's on it. I do think alot of the themes are very memorable and powerful.... for example, who could forget Rockoon and Hamlet.... I love Arizona 92, give it another listen. :)

:!: :arrow:
Well, I listened to Story of the Brave on Arizona yesterday. I also checked my copy of TOTT and did not see that track on it. Since Story of the Brave is very familiar to me, I must know it from Arizona. But that is shocking in that I only listened to Arizona once and did not even give it 10% of my attention while listening.

Does Linda Spa get a writing credit for Story of the Brave by any chance?

I think my distaste for early '90s TD can be boiled down to the synths that they used at the time, not the writing. I just cant stand the synth sounds on these albums. They sound soooooo canned. Today's TD synths are a billion times better. If Edgar HAS to rerecord stuff, he should rerecord the early '90s albums with better synths.