Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
I'm currently doing a Danish voice-over of the fairytale on the instrumental tracks. 8)

Just kidding! :roll:


Efterklang are replacing TD's music ;)


That could be interesting! You know any other DK bands?


certainly not...it would ruin my 'hard-man of EM' out look on life :P

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:33 pm 
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
I'm currently doing a Danish voice-over of the fairytale on the instrumental tracks. 8)

Just kidding! :roll:


Efterklang are replacing TD's music ;)


That could be interesting! You know any other DK bands?


certainly not...it would ruin my 'hard-man of EM' out look on life :P


:lol:

(efterklang means 'reverberation' and they are currently touring Denmark/Europe)


Last edited by Pertou on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
I'm currently doing a Danish voice-over of the fairytale on the instrumental tracks. 8)

Just kidding! :roll:


Efterklang are replacing TD's music ;)


That could be interesting! You know any other DK bands?


certainly not...it would ruin my 'hard-man of EM' out look on life :P


:lol:

(efterklang means 'reverbation' and they are currently touring Denmark/Europe)


they're in Glasgow...the day after I leave...can you see a pattern developing? ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D


people always want something for nothing, it's human nature...ask Radiohead :)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D


people always want something for nothing, it's human nature...ask Radiohead :)

was it 60% of people who didn't pay?

Mind you, I wonder if more people were drawn to the download knowing they could get it for free. It may work in Radioead's favour in the long run.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D


people always want something for nothing, it's human nature...ask Radiohead :)


Yep, a famous Duth speaking is "voor een duppie op de eerste rij zitten"
How cheaper the better. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D


people always want something for nothing, it's human nature...ask Radiohead :)

was it 60% of people who didn't pay?

Mind you, I wonder if more people were drawn to the download knowing they could get it for free. It may work in Radioead's favour in the long run.


I think the average was about £2.60ish for the whole album (obviously most people just got it for nothing, bar the admin fee)...but then again you'd have to pay 'me' that a second to listen to their stuff...can't stand it

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D


people always want something for nothing, it's human nature...ask Radiohead :)

was it 60% of people who didn't pay?

Mind you, I wonder if more people were drawn to the download knowing they could get it for free. It may work in Radioead's favour in the long run.


I think the average was about £2.60ish for the whole album (obviously most people just got it for nothing, bar the admin fee)...but then again you'd have to pay 'me' that a second to listen to their stuff...can't stand it


Yee, that is the spirit :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:28 pm 
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D



That Radiohead was a very clever marketing scam, there is two types of fans the download genration and the hardcore who will buy everything to do with a band. they did the pay what you want for the download(knowing people will just do it from illegal sites anyway) and then they had the CD offer which came with a poster and a few postcards, that was almost £50 if I remember rightly, As these were the only 2 ways of getting the album I think they have probably done very well out of it :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
cantosis wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
on download anywhere? :roll:


there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate


of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D



That Radiohead was a very clever marketing scam, there is two types of fans the download genration and the hardcore who will buy everything to do with a band. they did the pay what you want for the download(knowing people will just do it from illegal sites anyway) and then they had the CD offer which came with a poster and a few postcards, that was almost £50 if I remember rightly, As these were the only 2 ways of getting the album I think they have probably done very well out of it :D

Yeh ...and a lot of new people will have been introduced to the band. I suspect that they'll make some money on the back-catalogue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 85
Location: West Sussex, UK
I don't know much about such things but when I heard that the average payment from those that did pay was about £2.60 it did occur to me that this was probably a fair bit more than the group would have got off the record company who, as I understand it, take by far the biggest chunk of the cost of a 'normal' CD.

Even allowing for studio time (If they had to hire a studio) and production costs, perhaps it isn't such a daft idea as it might appear at first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
i would rather grip my JT in a vice than listen to radiohead....complete clag...imho....of course

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Wolfman wrote:
I don't know much about such things but when I heard that the average payment from those that did pay was about £2.60 it did occur to me that this was probably a fair bit more than the group would have got off the record company who, as I understand it, take by far the biggest chunk of the cost of a 'normal' CD.

Even allowing for studio time (If they had to hire a studio) and production costs, perhaps it isn't such a daft idea as it might appear at first.


you'll note there hasn't been as much discussion about the quality of the music ;) good marketing ploy...not much else

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
bigmoog wrote:
i would rather grip my JT in a vice than listen to radiohead....complete clag...imho....of course


John Thomas is one of Radiohead's roadies :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage