Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:41 pm 

armitage shanks makes better music than radio bleedin head :arrow:

imho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:44 pm 

bigmoog wrote:

imho

I first listened to Radiohead on a CD given to me by a friend because I kept reading that they were "The New Pink Floyd". Boy was I disappointed. Just don't get it myself. Very overrated IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:51 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

imho

I first listened to Radiohead on a CD given to me by a friend because I kept reading that they were "The New Pink Floyd". Boy was I disappointed. Just don't get it myself. Very overrated IMO.

I agree with your sentiments..............they are nothing special IMHO :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:01 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

imho

I agree with your sentiments..............they are nothing special IMHO :arrow:

However this is a TD forum, I surely agree with you .Booring and very overrated, Wouldn't five a cent for a download. Not even illegal. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:35 pm 

I got the Radiohead CD for Nowt, and was pleasantly surprised by it, certainly beats about the past three releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:26 am 

timer wrote:
I got the Radiohead CD for Nowt, and was pleasantly surprised by it, certainly beats about the past three releases.

I think they have produced some great music and they're certainly better than the bands that profess to be the greatest in the World - Oasis, Coldplay etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:43 am 

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:

I think they have produced some great music and they're certainly better than the bands that profess to be the greatest in the World - Oasis, Coldplay etc.

Well said Mick. I was going to post a similar reply earlier but got cold feet. In Rainbows is a good album IMO as are all their output. I like the way Kid A and Amnesiac were totally different from what came before. OK Computer is an all time classic album. Before it's release the band themselves expected this album to be a total failure but it seemed they mad history. A great band who nearly gave up following massive and deserved success. The dvd documentary they put out showed a band struggling to cope with touring and constant attention and I'm so glad they made it through. Not everyones cuppa tea I know but one of THE best bands around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:12 am 
sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:

Well said Mick. I was going to post a similar reply earlier but got cold feet. In Rainbows is a good album IMO as are all their output. I like the way Kid A and Amnesiac were totally different from what came before. OK Computer is an all time classic album. Before it's release the band themselves expected this album to be a total failure but it seemed they mad history. A great band who nearly gave up following massive and deserved success. The dvd documentary they put out showed a band struggling to cope with touring and constant attention and I'm so glad they made it through. Not everyones cuppa tea I know but one of THE best bands around.

I agree with that, it was also very brave for such a mainstream band to release albums like KID A and Amnesiac and I think they are two superb albums.

Anyone on this forum who have disliked their early music and didnt bother to listen to Kid A and Amnesiac, well you really missing a treat, give these two a listen and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 pm 

I really rate Radiohead too, and thank them for at least trying to experiment and think out of the box. Not all their attempts are successful, but I was surprised the other day when rating MP3s on my Zen how many Radiohead tracks I gave four or five stars (I have all albums except Pablo Honey, which I never liked).

BTW - Rumpelstiltskin... one or two good tracks and an interesting side-line in TD's career, but not worth what it can command on E-bay IMHO.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ] 

Jump to: