Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: Atem
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Corrected

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Last edited by 24db on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
Good review!

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
I just purchased Atem last week for the first time.

When I first listened to it I honestly did not know what to think :shock:

However, I have listened to it almost incessantly since, (inbetween all the other new dream stuff Ive bought this week!) Have to say it is an utterly amazing album. Hauntingly addictive and astounding stuff.

I will be in a position to write a full review in approximately 3years, when I have sussed out all the intricacies and finally understand whats going on :D


PS wayfarer Pineapple Thief and Riverside 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Good to see you're open minded about the older stuff....it's not for everyone, but repays the effort I think

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
24db wrote:
Good to see you're open minded about the older stuff....it's not for everyone, but repays the effort I think


I don't like it. For me it started all with Phaedra. the earlier stuff is nothing for me. I hardly play them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 154
Location: Wellingborough, UK
"Circulation of Events" is an amazing, unique piece of music.

_________________
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:24 pm 
I have always enjoyed Atem, its one of those albums that is more enjoyable after a few drinks, but that isn`t always a bad thing.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Seeker_UK wrote:
"Circulation of Events" is an amazing, unique piece of music.


It is indeed a wonderful record,my favorite has always been the title track 8) :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
classic TD
regular in my CD player

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
I own Atem on CD from LP Cardboard Sleeve.



:!: :arrow:

_________________
Image
https://twitter.com/laserdiscdream
https://plus.google.com/113176733764779995609
http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
cantosis wrote:
I have always enjoyed Atem, its one of those albums that is more enjoyable after a few drinks, but that isn`t always a bad thing.


Yeah, but then I like every kind of music. Even our world famous Dutch heartbreakers. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 am
Posts: 380
Location: Finland
I ordered "Nebulous Dawn - The Early Years" box set containing Atem but it hasn't arrived yet. :cry:

Anyway, I borrowed "The Collection" CD from a friend containing Circulation of Events and Fauni-Gena from Atem. Those tracks rule! They have amazing atmosphere. I love how utterly uncommercial the music is, really uncompromised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
71 dB wrote:
I ordered "Nebulous Dawn - The Early Years" box set containing Atem but it hasn't arrived yet. :cry:

Anyway, I borrowed "The Collection" CD from a friend containing Circulation of Events and Fauni-Gena from Atem. Those tracks rule! They have amazing atmosphere. I love how utterly uncommercial the music is, really uncompromised.


The Nebulous Dawn set is a bargain and contains all the Pink Years...except Green Desert which IMO isn't really a Pink Years album..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2603
Location: Maroubra Bay
Just got it and just finished playing it. Love it. I have been getting into alot of the early 70's German stuff like Amon Duul 11, Faust and Neu!. So Atem is well and truelly something that appeals to me greatly. This type of material has been a revelation to me and I have shortlisted Guru Guru, Brainticket and KRAAN for the near future.

Still havan't managed to get Zeit....but hopefully I will be able to afford it through Amazon soon.

_________________
"Sydney till I Die"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
SydneyFC wrote:
Just got it and just finished playing it. Love it. I have been getting into alot of the early 70's German stuff like Amon Duul 11, Faust and Neu!. So Atem is well and truelly something that appeals to me greatly. This type of material has been a revelation to me and I have shortlisted Guru Guru, Brainticket and KRAAN for the near future.

Still havan't managed to get Zeit....but hopefully I will be able to afford it through Amazon soon.


Technically Brainticket don't count as they aren't German, having said that they normally get lumped in with Krautrock ;)

I'd recommend early Ash Ra Tempel (non vocal albums), Agitation Free (after Chris Franke Left)...especially their 'second' LP, Cluster, Harmonia's Deluxe album and Michael Rother's first LP Flammende Herzen

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Last edited by 24db on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4 [ 46 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage