Atem

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

i agree with andy's recommendations

but would add braintickets 'cottonwoodhill' lp, as its a brilliant example of experimentaltripoutmusic
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Of course you might want to go to both extremes and get the more melodic side of things like Can's Future Days or go more atonal and get some Kluster
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I got a copy of that Future Days by Can recently and I must say what a great listen it is, dont think I have ever heard anything like it before!.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I had not even heard the term "Krautrock" until couple of weeks ago when I studied Tangerine Dream online. My favorite "electronic" artists have been from late 80's (S'Express, The Beatmasters), 90's (The Prodigy, Autechre, Jonny L) and 00's (Lemon Jelly, Gotan Project).

The first time I heard about TD was in 1991 when I bought LFO's debut album frequencies. They mention the pioneers of "hypnotic groove" they admire and TD is one of them. So, maybe a year later I borrowed some TD from a friend. I found the music interesting but not dancable enough. At that time I hwas heavily into rave and breakbeat (The Prodigy etc). Now, I enjoy TD much more because during these 15 years I have found classical music, new age, even soft rock. I am more than ready for the music.
Last edited by 71 dB on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

24db wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:Just got it and just finished playing it. Love it. I have been getting into alot of the early 70's German stuff like Amon Duul 11, Faust and Neu!. So Atem is well and truelly something that appeals to me greatly. This type of material has been a revelation to me and I have shortlisted Guru Guru, Brainticket and KRAAN for the near future.

Still havan't managed to get Zeit....but hopefully I will be able to afford it through Amazon soon.
Technically Brainticket don't count as they aren't German, having said that they normally get lumped in with Krautrock ;)

I'd recommend early Ash Ra Tempel (non vocal albums), Agitation Free (after Chris Franke Left)...especially their 'second' LP, Cluster, Harmonia's Deluxe album and Michael Rother's first LP Flammende Herzen
Going to try and check all those out. Thanks 24db. So what are Brainticket...Swiss?...Austrian?
"Sydney till I Die"
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

SydneyFC wrote:
24db wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:Just got it and just finished playing it. Love it. I have been getting into alot of the early 70's German stuff like Amon Duul 11, Faust and Neu!. So Atem is well and truelly something that appeals to me greatly. This type of material has been a revelation to me and I have shortlisted Guru Guru, Brainticket and KRAAN for the near future.

Still havan't managed to get Zeit....but hopefully I will be able to afford it through Amazon soon.
Technically Brainticket don't count as they aren't German, having said that they normally get lumped in with Krautrock ;)

I'd recommend early Ash Ra Tempel (non vocal albums), Agitation Free (after Chris Franke Left)...especially their 'second' LP, Cluster, Harmonia's Deluxe album and Michael Rother's first LP Flammende Herzen
Going to try and check all those out. Thanks 24db. So what are Brainticket...Swiss?...Austrian?

If you have not heard the album 76:14 by Global Communication then give it a listen, its my favorite album of all time. It isn`t krautrock or an oldie but its still a classic album
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:
24db wrote:

from memory Swiss mate. I'd recommend you get the Freeman brothers 'The Crack in the Cosmic Egg', (now available on CD-ROM...just do a google for the Ultima Thule shop in Leicester in England))...it's about £23 plus P&P, it covers everything Kraut(German) rock wise, as well as all the stuff that normally get's lumped in with them. The TD section has just been expanded (although they don't rate anything TD have done since 1990). The CD Rom comes in a simple to use Text and Net format (just wack it your drive next time you're surfing). Anyway, most of the write ups on Groups have a biography, discography (with Full album artwork), concert listings and memorabilia where available. The ROM also covers producers, labels, PLUS Electronic/New age, Jazz, Industrial and the Avant Garde. It's not perfect (there's a few mistakes...which reminds me I should email them)...But 'Overall' it's the best Encyclopedia on the German Scene

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ultimathule/

Main section: The Krautrock scene [A-Z]: 612 entries
Abacus, Achtzehn Karat Gold, Action, Aera, Agitation Free, Ainigma, Air, Albatros, Alcatraz, Alex Oriental Experience, Alto, Altona, Amenophis, Amon Düül, Amon Düül II, Amos Key, Anabis, Andorra, Andromeda, Androméda, Anima, Annexus Quam, Anyone's Daughter, Ardo Dombec, Argile, Arktis, Armaggedon, Ash Ra Tempel, Ashra, Asterix, The Astral Army, Atlantis, Ausgeflippt, Aussenminister, Baal, Baba Yaga, Herbert F. Bairy, Peter Baumann, Rainer Baumann, Baumstam, Beatique In Corporation, Berlin Express, Between, The Big 3, Birth Control, Bit's, The Blackbirds, Blackmann Lane, Blackwater Park, The Blech, Klaus Bloch, Blonker, Carsten Bohn [Bandstand], M.L. Bongers Project, Dieter Bornschlegel, Brainstorm, Chris Braun Band, Brave New World, Breakfast, Bröselmaschine, Brühwarm, Bullfrog, Michael Bundt, Roman Bunka, Christian Burchard, Burning Candle, Cacumen, Caleidoscope Inc., Camera Obscura, Can, Cannock, Captain Sperrmüll, Carambolage, Checkpoint Charlie, Cherubin, Chicken Bones, Choice, Chronos, Circles, Cloud Nine, Cluster, Cobraa, Code III, Con-Hertz, Die Conrads, Consequenz, Alex Conti, Cornucopia, The Cosmic Jokers, Coupla Prog , Cozmic Corridors, Cravinkel, Creative Rock, Curt Cress [Curt Cress Clan], Crew Blues Session, Crossfire, Cry Freedom, Curly Curve, Cyklus, Holger Czukay, Da Capo, Dadazuzu, Das Organisierte Chaos [D.O.C.], Wolfgang Dauner Group, Wolfgang Dauner Quintet, Déjà Vu, Dennis, Desperado, Deuter, Deutsch-Amerikanischen Freundschaft [D-A-F], Dies Irae, Frank Diez, Diez & Bischof, Stephan Diez, Klaus Dinger, Thomas Dinger, Dissidenten, D.O.C., Dr. Roberts Blues Band, Dom, DOM, Norbert Dömling, Dorian Gray, Dreamworld, Drosselbart, Drucknopf, Dschinn, Dull Knife, Dunkelziffer, Mickie Duwe, Dzyan, Eden, Efendi's Garden, Ego On The Rocks, Eiliff, Einhorn, Ejwuusl Wessahqqan, Elastic Rock Band, Electric Circus, Electric Mud, Electric Sandwich, Electric Sun, Eloy, El Shalom, Embryo, Emergency, Emma Myldenberger, Emtidi, Die Engel Des Herrn, Ephesus, Epidaurus, Epidermis, Epitaph, Epsilon, Erlkoenig, Erna Schmidt, Eroc, Eruption, Es, Et Cetera, Eulenspygel, The European Sons, Excalibur, Exil, Exmagma, Ex Ovo, Ex Ovo Pro, Faithful Breath, Fashion Pink, Fast Food, Faust, Feuerrote [Neil Andersen], Firehorse, Firma 33, Flaming Bess , Flight, Floh De Cologne, Florian Geyer, Flute & Voice, Frame, Franz K., Florian Fricke, Jan Fride, Friedhof, Jürgen Fritz, Frob, Edgar Froese, Peter Frohmader / Nekropolis, Frumpy, Führs Fröhling, Funky Bone & The Gang, Gäa, Galactic Explorers, Galaxy [Oberursel], Galaxy [Bremen], GAM, Gash, Gate, Gebärväterli, Ax Genrich, German Oak, Gift, Gila, Gloria's Children, Andy Göldner, Golem, Golgatha, Sergius Golowin, Gomorrha, Good Food, Manuel Göttsching, Grave, Gravestone, Greenlight, Grim Reaper, Grobschnitt, Muck Groh, Harald Grosskopf, Guru Guru, Gurumania, Hairy Chapter, Peter Michael Hamel, Hammerfest, Hanuman, Hardcake Special, Harlis, Harmonia, Hellmut Hattler, Hausmusik, Häx Cel, Haze, Heinz, Zeus B. Held, Wolfgang Hertz, Klaus Hess, HHCC, High Crack, Highdelberg, Hölderlin / Hoelderlin, Michael Hoenig, Hoenig · Göttsching, Hofmanns Comic Teater, Hotzenplotz, Hvide Sande, Ibliss, Ice, I.D. Company, Idetemp, Ihre Kinder, Ikarus Hamburg, Indigo, The Inner Space, Input, Interpol, Iris, Irmin, Irmin's Way, Hans Joachim Irmler, Iskander, Ivory, Jackboot, Jane, Jeronimo, Jerusalem, Jessica, Join In, Joy Unlimited, Jud's Gallery, Kaarst, Kalacakra, Kaleidoskop, Känguru, Kaputter Hamster, Jürgen Karg, Michael Karoli, Chris Karrer, Karthago, Kickbit Information, Kin Ping Meh, Kix, Kluster, Knöterich, Koala-Bär, George Kochbek, Helmut Koellen, Kofler & Leitert, Kollektiv, Kollektiv Rote Rübe, KomKol, Kontrast, Kraan, Kraftwerk, Kreuzweg, Rolf & Joachim Kühn, John L., Lacrima, La Düsseldorf, Lady, Lagoona, La! Neu?, Lang'syne, Last Exit, Lava, Les Vampyrettes, Libido, Jaki Liebezeit, Lied Des Teufels, Light Of Life Group, Lightshine, Liliental, Lily, Limbus, Lindenberg, Zabba Lindner, Lindner & Bohn, Live, Lokomotive Kreuzberg, L.S. Bearforce, Lucifer's Friend, Made In Germany, Madison Dyke, The Magic Group, Magma, Mammut, Maranatha, Marcel, Veit Marvos, Marz, Maschine Nr. 9, Mathea Wlömsk, Charlie Maucher, McChurch Soundroom, McOil , Lothar Meid, Melancton, Message, Messengers, Metropolis, Midnight Circus, Minotaurus, Missing Link, Missus Beastly, Model 81, Dieter Moebius, Moebius & Beerbohm, Moebius & Neumeier, Moebius & Plank, Moebius & Renziehausen, Moira, Mon Dyh, Morpheus, Motherhood, Mountain Ash, Mr. Grabstein, Fritz Müller, Munju, Murphy Blend, Musikalische Gruppenimprovisation, My Solid Ground, Mythos, Nanú Urwerk, The Nazgul, Necronomicon, Nekropolis, Nerve, Neu!, Mani Neumeier, Neumeier-Genrich-Schmidt, Neumeier & Hollinger, Neuschwanstein, Nexus, Niagara, Night Sun, Nikel's Spuk, Nine Days Wonder, No Distance, Nosferatu, Bernd Noske, Novalis, Ralf Nowy, No Zen Orchestra, Nyrvana Pancake, Ocean, Octopus, Odessa, Odin, Odyssee [1974], Odyssee [1978], Oktagon, Oktober, The Ones, The Ooze, Opossum, Opus, Orange Peel, Orbis, Organisation, Orimania, Os Mundi, Ougenweide, Out Of Focus, Panacea, Panama Red, Pancake, Panther, Park, Parzival, Passport, Pax Vobis , Pell Mell, Penicillin, Pentagon Munich, Phantom Band, Pinguin, Der Plan, Planes, Popol Vuh, Poseidon, Prof. Wolfff, Prosper, Psy Free, Purple Haze, Pyramid, Pyrolator, P205, Quo Vadis, Radio Noisz Ensemble, Lutz Rahn, Ramses, Randy Pie, Reaction, Real Ax Band, Rebekka, Red Fug, Achim Reichel & Machines, Reichel & Eroc, Release Music Orchestra, Richard Wahnfried, Locko Richter, Steve Robinson, Hans-Joachim Roedelius, Rollkomanndo, The Rope Sect, Michael Rother, Roundhouse, Rousseau, Royal Servants, Uwe Ruediger, Rufus Zuphall, Inga Rumpf, Sadja, Saffran, Sahara, Wolfgang Salomon, Sameti, Sand, Satin Whale, Scarecrew, Roland Schaeffer, Schäggi Bädsch, Schariwari, Schicke-Führs-Fröhling, Günter Schickert, Irmin Schmidt, Lotus Schmidt, Lucky Schmidt, Richard Schneider Jr., Conrad Schnitzler, Eberhard Schoener, Schröder Roadshow, Kristian Schultze, Rolf Schulz, Klaus Schulze, Rich Schwab, Schwarzarbeit, Scorpions, Second Life, Second Movement, Second Page, Seedog, Seesselberg, Peter Seiler, Serene, Dieter Serfas, Shaa Khan, Shoulder Of Mutton A, Siddhartha, Silberbart, Siloah, Sincerely P.T., Sioux, Sirius, Sixty Nine, Skyline, Skyrider, Snowball, Softeis, Southern Comfort, Spacebox, Space Explosion, Sparifankal, Spektakel, Sperrmüll, Sphinx Tush, Spirit Of Sound, Spirulina, Staff Carpenbourg, Steeple Chase Bluesband, Sternenmädchen, Straight Shooter, Streetmark, Styff Nack, Sub, Subject Esq., Sun, Sunbirds, SYPH [with Holger Czukay], Syrinx, Tangerine Dream, Tanned Leather, Peter Tassius, TAT, Tau, Technical Space Composer's Crew, Temple, Ten To Zen, Tetragon, Think, Thirsty Moon, Those, Thrice Mice, Matthias Thurow, Tibet, Tiere Der Nacht, Asmus Tietchens, Tiger B. Smith, Timewind, To Be, Tobogan, Tomorrows Gift, Tonic, Ton Steine Scherben, Tortilla Flat [Oberursel], Tortilla Flat [Aachen], Touch, Toy Planet, Trash, Uli Trepte, Tri Atma, Trikolon, Trilogy, Tritonus, Triumvirat, Troya, Try, Twenty Sixty Six And Then, Twilight, Twogether, Tyburn Tall, Tyll, Lutz "Lüül" Ulbrich, Uludag, Utopia, Vampires' Sound Incorporation, Vanias, Hannes Vester, Paul Vincent, Vinegar , Violence Fog, Virgin's Dream, Virgo, Virus, Vita Nova , Volks-Musik, Manni von Bohr, Dominik von Senger, Vorschlaghammer, Wacholder, Waldron Jackson Weber Braceful, Wallenstein, Walpurgis, Die Wand An, Waniyetula, was Tun, Waterloo, Weed, Walter Wegmüller, Werwolf, Wetzstein, Wind, Wired, Bernd Witthüser, Witthüser+Westrupp, Peter Wolbrandt, Wonderland Band, Wutpickel, Wyoming, Xhol Caravan / Xhol, Yatha Sidhra, Yavanna, The Ya-Ya's, Yggdrasil, Zarathustra [Berlin], Zarathustra [Hamburg], Zarathustra [Marburg], Zara-Thustra, Zebulon, Zeus, Zippo Zetterlink, Zomby Woof, Zweistein, Zyma.

Cuckoos & Scrambled Eggs: 97 entries
Rabih Abou-Khalil, Roye Albrighton, Amon Düül (UK), Analogy, Don Anderson, Luigi Archetti, Association P.C., Atlantide, Baffo Banfi, Okko Bekker, Jerry Berkers, Serge Blenner, Bots, Fred Braceful, Gary Burton, Roberto Cacciapaglia, Philippe Caillat, Tony Carey, Cassiber, Cassix, Philip Catherine, Ian Cussick, CWT, Dark, Davis Redford Triad, Roberto Détrée, Diabolus, Duck & Cover, Earthbound, Earthstar, Tom Ehrlich, Evolution, Keith Forsey, Gestalt Et Jive, Grail, Jack Grunsky, Trilok Gurtu, Haboob, Hallelujah, Don 'Sugar Cane' Harris, Geff Harrison, Hero, I Drive, Jimmy Jackson, Janus, David Johnson, Steve Jolliffe, Karnataka College Of Percussion, Dave King, Jean-Jacques Kravetz, John Lawton, Dr. Timothy Leary, Lee & Brown, Sylvester Levay, Mike Lewis, Life, Light of Darkness, Steven Wray Lobdell, Mad Puppet, Charlie Mariano, Mimir, The Monks, Malcolm Mooney, Anthony Moore, Moosknukkl Groovband, Mark Nauseef, Nektar, Nico, Odin, Okko, Pan-Ra, Phew, Dave Pike Set, R.A. Ramamani, Michael Ranta, Walt Rockman, Rust, Robert Rutman, Scope, Ramesh Shotham, Michael Shrieve, Slapp Happy, Spot, Steel Mill, Kiev Stingl, Damo Suzuki, Sweet Smoke, Third Eye, Joël Vandroogenbroeck, Eric Vann, Jasper van't Hof, Mal Waldron, Barney Wilen, The Yoice, Djong Yun, Zahara, Zenamon, etc.

Austria: 50 entries
Aardvarks, Acid, Wolfgang Ambros, Ursula Anders, Art Boys Collection, Ballyhoo, Bizarre Ko.Ko.Ko., Blue Chip Orchestra, Bognermayr & Zuschrader, Arik Brauer, Cultural Noise, The Desperates, Duo Due, Eela Craig, Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung, Freak Out, Gandalf, Gipsy Love, Glashaus, Friedrich Gulda, Robert Julian Horky, Indigo, Isaiah, Peter Janda, Klockwerk Orange, Die Knödel, Christian Kolonovits, Roland Kovac, Kyrie Eleison, Heinz Leonhardsberger, Magic, Milestones, Misthaufen, Monoton, Novak's Kapelle, Opus, Orange Power, Paternoster, Klaus Prünster, Rigoni/Schoenherz, Schmetterlinge, Richard Schoenherz, Sinus, Harri Stojka, Topas, Weckers Uhrwerk, Mia Zabelka, Zabelka & Smekal, P.P. Zahl, Zenit, etc.

Switzerland: 68 entries
Aftershave, Agamemnon, Alaska Range, Berry Window & The Movements, B-G System, Black Spirit, Blue China, Blue Motion, Brainticket, Cardeilhac, Circus, Concise, Deaf, Deep Thought, Demon Thor, Thomas Diethelm, Dragonfly, Drum Circus, Düde Dürst, Eloiteron, Elysium, Ertlif, Exit, Flame Dream, Grauzone, Hardy Hepp, Irrwisch, Island, Kedama, Peter & Walter Keiser, Knobel & Galbiati, Tomas Korber, Krokodil, Krokus, Jakob Kunzel, Max Lässer, Lizard, Might Of Coincidence, Nautilus, Pacific Sound, Carlos Peron, Plamp, Quasimodo, Rumpelstilz, Schakta, Shivananda, The Shiver, Sicher, Sophie's Dream, Bruno Spoerri, Spoerri & Weber, Sponsor, Starglow Energy, Steppenblute, Taurus, Tea, Ernst Thoma, Toad, Überfall, UnknownmiX, Vic Vergat, Vogel, Andreas Vollenweider, Reto Weber, Welcome, Whipping Post, Yello, Yolk, etc.

DDR: 61 entries
Ag.Geige, Amiga Blues Band, Babylon, Bajazzo, Bayon, Berluc, Hansi Biebl, Rainer Bloss, Bürkholz Formation, Centric, City, Datzu, Dice, Jürgen Ecke, Electra, Engerling (Blues Band), Der Expander Des Fortschritts, Express, Veronika Fischer, Formel 1, Joco-Dev-Sextett, Karat, Karussell, Keks, Jürgen Kerth, Key, Julius Krebs, Kreis, Horst Krüger, Reinhard Lakomy, Klaus Lenz, Lift, Magdeburg, Modern Soul Band, Die Nautiks, Neue Generation, Neumis Rock Circus, No 55, Rainer Oleak, Pankow, Panta Rhei, Wolfgang Paulke, Peter-Holten-Sextett, Pond, Prinzip, Die Puhdys, Reform, Klaus Renft-Combo, Rockhaus, Uve Schikora Gruppe, Schubert Band, Scirocco, Servi, SET, Silly, Hans-Hasso Stamer, Stern-Combo Meissen, Transit, Reinhard Walter, WIR, Yatra, etc.

Beat & Historical: 46 entries
Alaska Range, Die Anderen, Michael Anton & Amok, Apocalypse, Art Boys Collection, Automatic Blues Inc., The Blizzards, Blues Ltd., Bokaj Retsiem, The Boots, Brother T. And Family, The Chaparall Electric Sound Inc., Chicago Sect, Jeff Cooper & The Stoned Wings, Corporal Gander's Fire Dog Brigade, Frank David Selection, The Devils, Electric Food , The Empty C, Fantastic Pikes, Free Orbit, The German Bonds, The Giants [Hamburg], The Giants [Cologne], Golgatha, Improved Sound Limited, Jonah & The Whales, Joy & The Hit Kids, The JP's, Just We, Knut Kiesewetter Train, The Lords, New Lords, Paul Nero, Pegasus, Percewood's Onagram, Petards, The Pink Mice, Propeller, The Rattles, Scramp, Sitting Bull, Soul Caravan, Talix, The Vampires Of Dartmoore, Wonderland, plus a mop-up page of other obscurities!

Classical & Avant-Garde: 58 entries
Klaus Ager, Ak Musick, Fredi Alberti, Albrecht/d., Belgium, Joseph Beuys, Konrad Boehmer, Claus Böhmler, Herbert Brün, Johannes Cernota, Ludwig Doerr, Herbert Eimert, Ensemble Ex Improviso, Michael Fahres, Johannes Fritsch, Remi Gassman, Harald Genzmer, Paul Giger, Lütz Glandien, Walter Haupt, Raoul Hausmann, Head Resonance, Hans Werner Henze, Paul Hindemith, Heinz Holliger, Ralf Hoyer, Michael Jüllich, Georg Katzer, Roland Kayn, Hermann Keller, Thomas Kessler, Gottfried Michael Koenig, Christina Kubisch, Helmut Lachenmann, Günter Maas, Hermann Nitsch, Michael Obst, Siegfried Palm, Rhythmus-Arp-Ensemble, Josef Anton Riedl, Rainer Riehn, Dieter Roth, Roth, Rühm & Wiener, Gerhard Rühm, Walter Ruttmann, Oskar Sala, Dieter Salbert, Dieter Schnebel, Arnold Schoenberg, Kurt Schwitters, Klaus Hinrich Stahmer, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Hans Heinz Stuckenschmidt, Reinhold Weber, Harald Weiss, Christoph Wünsch, Gerd Zacher, Bernd Alois Zimmermann, plus a mop-up page of other obscurities!

Folk, Traditional, Ethnic: 70 entries
AG A.M., Aigues Vives, Almanach, Almanach [Hannover], Ape, Beck & Brinkmann, Aquarell, Arbeitstitel Knochen, Frank Baier, Baier-Westrupp, Thommie Bayer, Beda Folk, Pete "Wyoming" Bender, Bernie's Autobahn Band, De Bläck Föös, Bertolt Brecht, Peter Bursch, Carol Of Harvest, Die City Preachers, Arno Clauss, Cochise, Dullijöh, Hans Eisler, Elster Silberflug, Falckenstein, Das Fenster, Fiedel Michel, Fin-Int, Free Fantasy, Gaya [Rosenheim], Grachmusikoff, Gurnemanz, Peter Hammer, Sonny Hennig, Hardy Hepp, Highway, Ikarus [Berlin], Jeremy B., Kaikai, Kattong, Thomas & Henry Kiefer, Klaus Der Geiger, Dagmar Krause, Krohn+Micus, Lerryn, Liederjan, Lilienthal, Marabouts, Andy Marx, Meichsner & Fertig, Meisenfloo, Stephan Micus, Molle, Scheytholtz, Julius Schittenhelm, Schneewittchen, Uwe Schniering, Schrott und Spott, Schwoißfuaß, Sündenfall II, Dieter Süverkrüp, Tanzbär, Tänzers Traum, Teller Bunte Knete, Trotz+Träume, Ulli und Fredrik, Michael Vetter, Walter H.C. Meier Pumpe, Kurt Weill, Rudi Zapf, Zeitenwende, plus a mop-up page of other obscurities!

Jazz & Fusions [A-Z]: 205 entries
Acoustic, Airbrake, Bruning V. Alten, Arakontis, Zoro Babel, Baden Baden Free Jazz Orchestra, Bakmak, Conrad Bauer, Conrad & Johannes Bauer, Johannes Bauer, Karl Berger, Berlin Contemporary Jazz Orch., Berlin Jazz Workshop Orchestra, Toto Blanke, Blasorchester Dicke Luft, Brassy Brew, Peter Brötzmann, Rainer Brüninghaus, Rüdiger Carl, Carl & Reichel, Catch Up, Ceddo, Chameleon [Mannheim], Changes, Günter Christmann, Christmann/Schönenberg Duo, Contact Trio, COWWS Quintett, Dadart, Wolfgang Dauner, Franz de Byl, Torsten de Winkel, de Winkel/Hattler, Didier, Klaus Doldinger, Christy Doran, Doran & Studer, Gerd Dudek, Die Elefanten, Extempore, Johannes Faber, Family Of Percussion, Paul Fields, Flagranti, Reinhard Flatischler, Fly, Four For Jazz, Freeport, Matthias Frey, From, Jan Fryderyk, Joachim Fuchs-Charrier, Fuchs-Goos-Band, Herb Geller, The German All Stars, Peter Giger, Giger.Lenz.Marron, Rainer Glas, Glatter Wahnsinn, Globe Unity, Heiner Goebbels, Goebbels & Harth, Werner Goos, Grumpff, George Gruntz, Ulrich Gumpert, Gumpert & Sommer, Wolfgang Haffner, Joe Haider, Anne Haigis, Hallimasch, Günter Hampel, Härte 10, Alfred "23" Harth, Hans Hartmann, Fritz Hauser, Headband, Head, Heart & Hands, Peter Herbolzheimer, Tilmann Höhn, Peter Hollinger, Home, Ralf R. Hübner, Human Music Association, Ralf Illenberger, Horst Jankowski, Jazzensemble des Hessischen..., Jazz Track, Joel, Herbert Joos, Just Music, The Karpenkiels, Katamaran, Key, KID, Koch-Schütz-Studer, Martin Kolbe, Kolbe & Illenberger, Hans Koller, Koller & Dauner, Frank Köllges, Volker Kriegel, Katrina Krimsky, Olaf Kübler, Joachim Kühn, Rolf Kühn, Rolf & Joachim Kühn, Wolfgang Lackerschmid, Ulrich P. Lask, Georg Lawall, Günter Lenz, Lindwurm, Madrugada, Magog, Radu Malfatti, Malfatti-Wittwer, Mallet Connection, Maloo, Albert Mangelsdorff, Mangelsdorff & Dauner, Emil Mangelsdorff, Margo, Eddy Marron, MUMPS, Naima, Namaz, Michael Naura, Never Been There, Old Friends, Om, Open Music, Orexis, Orfeo, Fritz Pauer, Harry Pepl, Das Pferd, Werner Pirchner, Pirchner-Pepl-Jazzwio, Pöhl Musik, PSI, Rainer Pusch, Frédéric Rabold, Re, Reform Art Unit, Hans Reichel, Joerg Reiter, Dieter Reith, Rimaak, Adelhard Roidinger, Romantic Warrior, Knut Rössler, Rössler & Goos, Rozz, Peter Rühmkorf, Michael Sagmeister, Sango, Heinz Sauer, Sax As Sax Can, Wolfgang Schlüter, Schlüter & Spendel, Wolfgang Schmid / Wolfhound, Detlef Schönenberg, Manfred Schoof, Jochen Schrumpf, Siegfried Schwab, Irene Schweizer, Irene Schweizer Trio, Schweizer & Carl, Schweizer & Neumeier, Schweizer & Sommer, Büdi Siebert, Sinto, Sogenanntes Linksradikales..., Günter Sommer, Christoph Spendel, Thomas Stabenow, Markus Stockhausen, Markus & Simon Stockhausen, Simon Stockhausen, Strinx, Fredy Studer, Sun [Michael Borner's], Supersession, Synopsis, The Tab Two, Tavil, Tender Aggression, Three Motions, Timeless, Total Music Association, Train, Gebhard Ullmann, Ullmann & Willers, Unit, The United Jazz+Rock Ensemble, Unkrodt & Zerbe, Vienna Art Orchestra, Voices, Alexander von Schlippenbach, Eberhard Weber, Klaus Weiss, Andreas Willers, Stephan Wittwer, Wolf, York, Mac Dowell, Schmid, etc.

Neo-Prog & Metal: 59 & 26 entries
Alias Eye, The Amber Light, Apogee, Baba Jaga, Baku, Bel Air, Chandelier, Chrass, Cinnamonia, Cromwell, Crystal Ball, Crystal Maze, Darius, Echo Park, Eclipse, Eden's Taste, Eisberg, Eskape, Esthetic Pale, Everon, Formula, High Wheel, Hogweed, Ines, Inquire, K.P.M., Last Turion, Megace, Merlin, Neronia, Odyssee, P'cock, Poets On A Pilgrimage, Poor Genetic Material, Rejoice, Robespierre, RPWL., Scaramouche , Scythe, Seasons Of Time, Shade, Solar Project, Sophistree, Spartacus, Steak, Sylvan, Tales , Tea For Two, Tea In The Sahara, Traumhaus, Trespass, Tunefish, Ulysses , Versus X, Violet District, Warlock, Das Zeichen, Zenobia, Zhorn,
Metal: Accept, Amon Ra, Angel Dust, Anguish, Bastard, Bonfire, Darxon, Dreadful Minds, Dreams Of Sanity, Final Virus, Helloween, Ivanhoe, Mass, Phoenix, Phönix, Rebel , Rocktober, Uli Jon Roth, Schloss, Sieges Even, Snake, Trance, Vampires, Vanden Plas, Victory, Viva, plus a huge mop-up page of other such artist!

Neue Deutsche Welle [A-Z]: 132 entries
Abwärts, A Certain Frank, AGM, Alphaville, ALU, Aroma Plus, Bel Ami, Belfegore, Lilli Berlin, Bizarre Leidenschaft, Caspar Brotzmann Masaker, Frieder Butzmann, Chin-Chat, Cinéma Vérité, Clowns & Helden, The Crack Of Doom, Croox, Avis Davis, Deo, Deutsch-Amerikanische..., Dig It Al(l), Din A Testbild, Dr. Koch Ventilator, Die Dominas, Die Doraus Und Die Marinas, F.M. Einheit, Einstürzende Neubauten, Elektric Music, 1. Futurologischer Congress, Nikolaus Esche, Extrabreit, Fehlfarben, Foyer Des Arts, Fred Banana Combo, Freiwillige Selbstkontrolle, Geile Tiere, Geisterfahrer, Die Gesunden, Andy Giorbino, Max Goldt, Nina Hagen Band, Hans-A-Plast, Die Haut, Hautwexel, Holger Hiller, HPL Liemans, Uli Hundt, Ideal, Idetemp, Instant Music, Interzone, Jyl, Kastrierte Philosophen, King-Kong, Christian Kneisel, Knusperkeks, Korpus Kristi, Kosmonautentraum, Kowalski, Klaus Krüger, Die Krupps, Lilac Angels, Luna Set, Chris Lunch, Angelika Maisch, Malaria!, Male, The Maniacs, Mania D., Mau Mau, Mekanïk Destrüktïw Komandöh, Mieses Gegonge, Minus Delta T, Mittagspause, Mono, Münchener Freiheit, Neonbabies, Neumann, The Off Band, Otto Kentrol, Pack, Palais Schaumburg, Parnass, Die Partei, P.D., P1/E, Perplex, Phonophobia, Der Plan, Populäre Mechanik, Prima Klima, Purple Schulz, Die Radierer, Rainy Day Women, The Ramblers, Reifenstahl, Rheingold, Rotglut, Scala 3, Schlaflose Nächte, Schön, Xao Seffcheque, Siluetes 61, Die Sklaven, Spliff, Sprung Aus Den Wolken, S/T, Strafe Für Rebellion, Strassenjungs, Supersempfft, Surplus Stock, SYPH, Tank of Danzig, Tempo, Die Tödliche Doris, Die Toten Hosen, Toto Lotto, Die Trümmerfrauen, The Twins, Die Unbekannten, The Unknown Cases, Vladimir Estragon, Alexander von Borsig, Vono, Vorgruppe, Waffelschmiede, Wirtschaftswunder, X-Mal Deutschland, Yamo, ZeitGeist, Zeltinger Band, Die Zimmermänner, plus the usual "more" mop-up page!

Retro, Neo-Psych, etc: 42 entries
Attempt To Restore, Backstreet Romeos, Caspar Brötzmann Massaker, Captain Ilor, Club Off Chaos, The Cosmic Gardeners, Discolor, The Electric Family, Electric Orange, Fantasyy Factoryy, Fit & Limo, Flying Circus, Growing Seeds, Jerkwater, Johnson Noise, Kreidler, Leo, Liquid Visions, Loxley Beade, Mandra Gora Lightshow Society, Megatrip, Morning Dew, M.T. Wizzard, Octafish, The Perc, Polytoxicomane Philharmonie, Raw Jaw, Riff & The Mad Hatters, Shades of Dawn, Shiny Gnomes, Sula Bassana, Swara Samrat, Taras Bulba, Trigon, Vibravoid, Void Forum, Weltraumstaunen, Wide Scope, Workshop, Yeti, Zone Six, Z05 Aura, etc.

Sonic Art & Noise: 67 entries
Aalfang Mit Pferdekopf, Brigitte & The Hansen Experience, Caspar CoC, C.O.R.E., Cranioclast, C-Schulz, C-Schulz & Hajsch, Damenbart, Doc Wör Mirran, Frank Dommert, Duka Bass Band, Das Erdwerk, Fetisch Park, Limpe Fuchs, Paul Fuchs, F.X.Randomiz, Bernhard Günter, Hajsch, Christoph Heemann, Hirsche Nicht Aufs Sofa, Kallabris, Dr. P. Li. Khan, Klangkrieg, Klangwart, Thomas Köner, Kontakta, Kontakt der Jünglinge, Kopfschmerztablette, Maat, Macadam, Maeror Tri, Mentocome, Metabolismus, Microstoria, Møhr, Mouse On Mars, Noise-Factory, Oval, Para-Noise-Terminal, PCR, PFN, Pluramon, POL, P16.D4, Reuber, Frank Rowenta, Rowenta Khan, Sack Und Blumm, S.B.O.T.H.I., Markus Schmickler, SLP, SND, Das Synthetische Mischgewebe, Temps Perdu?, Tesendalo, Jörg Thomasius, Tho-So-Aa, Stefan Tiedje, Tonart, Troum, Wabi Sabi, Ralf Wehowsky / RLW, Werkbund, Jan Werner & F.X.Randomiz, Monika Westphal, Achim Wollscheid, Harald "Sack" Ziegler, etc.

Synth, New-Age, Instrumental [A-Z]: 207 entries
ACI, Andreas Akwara, Alheidon, Alvarez, Anugama, Apeiron, Arcanum, Aruna, The Atman Project, Augenstern, Peter Backhausen, Steve Baltes, Baltes Grosskopf Heilhecker, Karl Bartos, Baumann/Koek, Becker Lehnhof, Peter Dominik Bender, Lutz Berger, Gerd Bessler, Christoph Biesenbach, Birdy, Blonker [Dieter Geike], Ulrich Blume, Wolfgang Bock, Claus Bockstandt, Bollmann & Reimann, Breitband, Andreas Maria Brunnmeier, Central Europe Performance, Centrozoon, Changing Images, Cherubin [Anugama & Co.], Chrystalia, Clara Mondshine, Context, Control Company, Cosmic Hoffmann, Cusco, Daidalos Ensemble, Deutsche Wertarbeit, Double Fantasy, Suzanne Doucet, Driftin' Thoughts, Wolfgang Düren, Eko, Electronic Butterflies, Elektronische Musik Aus Köln , Element 4, el-Hadra, Elmulab, Entrance , Stephan Eppler, Stefan Erbe, Eroc & Fuchs, Thomas Fanger, Fanger & Kersten, Fanger & Schönwälder, Farfarello, Frank Fischer, Hansi Fischer, Jens Fischer, Wolfgang Foag, Foreign Spaces, Chris Franke, Helmuth Franke, Thomas U. Freeze, Friedemann, Norman Friedenberger, Future II, Gaya, G.E.N.E., Karl F. Gerber, Achim Gieseler, Ginkgo Garden, Rüdiger Gleisberg, Mathias Grassow, Al Gromer Khan, Andreas Grosser, Gulââb, Uli Harmssen, Kai Harster, Paul Haslinger, Hausmann & Stark, Rudolf Heimann, Hemisphere, Hirudo, Klaus Hoffmann-Hoock, Intence, Ivory Playground, Jäger & Wiese, Jiannis, Jonathan, Thomas Kagermann, Kamal, Karunesh, Stephan Kaske (Mythos), Detlef Keller, Keller & Schönwälder, Jürgen Kern, Thomas Kessler, Bernd Kistenmacher, Kistenmacher/Grosskopf, Klangwelt, Frank Klare, Bernward Koch, Mario Konrad, Martin Kornberger, Kornberger & Kuhn, Hardy Kukuk, Der Laborant, Claude Larson, Andreas Leifeld, Lila, Rüdiger Lorenz, Andreas Ludwig, Lenny MacDowell, Holle Mangler, Adrian Marcator, Megabyte, Peter Mergener, Mergener & Weisser, Stefan Merlino, Andreas Merz, Metronic Underground, Micon, Mind Over Matter, Minds In Motion, Dirk Jan Müller, Münch & Wöstheinrich, Pete Namlook, Nautilus, Négligé - Electronic Underwear, Klaus Netzle, Hans Peter Neuber, Jeff Newmann, Nono-Orchestra, Octopus's Garden, Gunther Olesch, Palantir, Pegasus, Jürgen Petersen, Jürgen Pluta, Potsch Potschka, Power Pack, Project Erde, Propeller Island, Pyramid Peak, Quiet Force, Rainbow Serpent, Markus Reuter, Wolfgang Riechmann, Lambert Ringlage, Klaus Röder, Sandelan, Sarina, Peter Schaefer, Gerhard Schedel, Burkhard Schmidl, Johannes Schmoelling, Bernd Scholl, Mario Schönwälder, Robert Schroeder, Günter Schroth, Dieter Schütz, Peter K. Seiler, Shamall, Sirius, Six And More, Software, Solitaire, George A. Speckert, Spheric Corner, Wolfram Spyra, Star Sounds Orchestra, Georg Stettner, Strange Inside, Joerg Sträwe, The Sundown Project, Sunya Beat, Synco, TeeKay, Helmut Teubner, Ralf Tohde, Touch, Trance, Tranquillity, Traumklang, Rolf Trostel, Tyndall, Nik Tyndall, Unique, Vasudeva, VC-People, Velvet Universe, Adelbert von Deyen, Christian von Eschersheim, Waveshape, Weltklang, Wester & Hering, Manfred Wieczorke, Klaus Wiese, Thomas Wilbrandt, Yin Yang, You, Zann, Zinkl, Jens Zygar, etc.

Rumours & Mysteries: 120+ others of possible interest.

Rejects & Misfits: 140+ artists we suggest you avoid.
plus an: Avoid at all costs mop-up page, including people you probably never realised were German!

Other sections: Samplers (100 label entries), Festivals (events and albums), TV & Radio, Behind The Scenes (producers, engineers, cover artists), Record Labels (228 discographies), numerous other appendices, full cross-refence indexes, editorial/historical pages, etc, etc., etc.

And, if that wasn't enough, there's now also 3 hours of music (mostly unique and exclusive), plus audio interviews and videos!

Pictures: No idea how many, but when I last ran a jpg count it totalled over 12,000!

The above was how the project stood in June 2007. It is now even bigger!

ISBN 0-9529506-0-CDROM
Last edited by 24db on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:I had not even heard the term "Krautrock" until couple of weeks ago when I studied Tangerine Dream online. My favorite "electronic" artists have been from late 80's (S'Express, The Beatmasters), 90's (The Prodigy, Autechre, Jonny L) and 00's (Lemon Jelly, Gotan Project).

The first time I heard about TD was in 1991 when I bought LFO's debut album frequencies. They mention the pioneers of "hypnotic groove" they admire and TD is one of them. So, maybe a year later I borrowed some TD from a friend. I found the music interesting but not dancable enough. At that time I hwas heavily into rave and breakbeat (The Prodigy etc). Now, I enjoy TD much more because during these 15 years I have found classical music, new age, even soft rock. I am more than ready for the music.
If you like Jemon Jelly, you should checkout Bent's second album...I forget the title...it has a jar of onions with an eye ball in I think (freaky :D)
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

24db wrote:If you like Jemon Jelly, you should checkout Bent's second album...I forget the title...it has a jar of onions with an eye ball in I think (freaky :D)
Thanks 24db for the recommendation! The cover art sounds too freaky for me! :shock:
Last edited by 71 dB on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Wow I had no idea about the immensity of Crack in the Cosmic egg. Definately going to have to get this. Might have to wait a couple of weeks till my tax refund cheque comes in hopefully they will still have stock. The fact that it has art work is just brilliant. Some of the covers that I have seen from some of these groups are excellent.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:Wow I had no idea about the immensity of Crack in the Cosmic egg. Definately going to have to get this. Might have to wait a couple of weeks till my tax refund cheque comes in hopefully they will still have stock. The fact that it has art work is just brilliant. Some of the covers that I have seen from some of these groups are excellent.
One thing I forgot to mention is if and when they update the CD-ROM, past customers will get it for £5. They are also thinking about doing the whole thing as an on-going magazine (but it'll take 100's of issues to cover all of the stuff on the ROM)

The New version (it was a book before) also comes with a double? (I need to check ) CD with music, PLUS the ROM has videos and a dozen or so private audio interviews. Steve and Alan wanted to have loads more video's but the copyright side of things was a pain in the arse, and all the legal stuff would have delayed their project for years.

Some of the TD memorabilia jpegs comes from my private collection, but sadly they've scanned it in at low-res, I really should offer them some better scans (and correct the Concert info I provided for them, especially as at least 3 new TD gigs have turned up).

As a 'whole package' I don't think it be criticised, the amount of work that's gone into it is mindbogling!
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:
24db wrote:If you like Jemon Jelly, you should checkout Bent's second album...I forget the title...it has a jar of onions with an eye ball in I think (freaky :D)
Thanks 24db for the recommendation! The cover art sounds too freaky for me! :shock:
lol..Bent have Lemon Jelly's quirky/ humourous use of samples, as well as some great melodies.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlasting-Bli ... 442&sr=1-4
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

24db wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:Wow I had no idea about the immensity of Crack in the Cosmic egg. Definately going to have to get this. Might have to wait a couple of weeks till my tax refund cheque comes in hopefully they will still have stock. The fact that it has art work is just brilliant. Some of the covers that I have seen from some of these groups are excellent.
One thing I forgot to mention is if and when they update the CD-ROM, past customers will get it for £5. They are also thinking about doing the whole thing as an on-going magazine (but it'll take 100's of issues to cover all of the stuff on the ROM)

The New version (it was a book before) also comes with a double? (I need to check ) CD with music, PLUS the ROM has videos and a dozen or so private audio interviews. Steve and Alan wanted to have loads more video's but the copyright side of things was a pain in the arse, and all the legal stuff would have delayed their project for years.

Some of the TD memorabilia jpegs comes from my private collection, but sadly they've scanned it in at low-res, I really should offer them some better scans (and correct the Concert info I provided for them, especially as at least 3 new TD gigs have turned up).

As a 'whole package' I don't think it be criticised, the amount of work that's gone into it is mindbogling!
Absolutely awesome 24db. And by the way thanks for the tip about Ultima Thule Records. Never in my wildest dreams did I think a shop lke this existed. I've got it well and truelly bookmarked and intend doing some business with them very soon.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

I've got to admit that it's amazing the shop has survived all these years. It just shows that if you're truly passionate about music and know your market, you can survive. They have done more than almost anybody else in keeping the German rock flame going all through all these years. Contary to some people's rose tinted version of history this music never sold in great qualities, bar 3 or 4 big names. It took the Freeman's book (and the totally off the wall, but 101% enthusiastic uber-fan Julian Cope) to kick start the interest in the whole scene.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:I've got to admit that it's amazing the shop has survived all these years. It just shows that if you're truly passionate about music and know your market, you can survive. They have done more than almost anybody else in keeping the German rock flame going all through all these years. Contary to some people's rose tinted version of history this music never sold in great qualities, bar 3 or 4 big names. It took the Freeman's book (and the totally off the wall, but 101% enthusiastic uber-fan Julian Cope) to kick start the interest in the whole scene.
I used to go in a specialist Heavy Metal record shop in the Midlands that seemed to be doing very well, they were passionate about the music and always seemed to be taking in large amounts of dosh.

...especially from me. :roll: