Atem

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Atem

Post by 24db »

Corrected
Last edited by 24db on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Good review!
har

Post by har »

I just purchased Atem last week for the first time.

When I first listened to it I honestly did not know what to think :shock:

However, I have listened to it almost incessantly since, (inbetween all the other new dream stuff Ive bought this week!) Have to say it is an utterly amazing album. Hauntingly addictive and astounding stuff.

I will be in a position to write a full review in approximately 3years, when I have sussed out all the intricacies and finally understand whats going on :D

PS wayfarer Pineapple Thief and Riverside 8) 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Good to see you're open minded about the older stuff....it's not for everyone, but repays the effort I think
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:Good to see you're open minded about the older stuff....it's not for everyone, but repays the effort I think
I don't like it. For me it started all with Phaedra. the earlier stuff is nothing for me. I hardly play them.
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

"Circulation of Events" is an amazing, unique piece of music.
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I have always enjoyed Atem, its one of those albums that is more enjoyable after a few drinks, but that isn`t always a bad thing.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Seeker_UK wrote:"Circulation of Events" is an amazing, unique piece of music.
It is indeed a wonderful record,my favorite has always been the title track 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

classic TD
regular in my CD player
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I own Atem on CD from LP Cardboard Sleeve.

:!: :arrow:
hansx

Post by hansx »

cantosis wrote:I have always enjoyed Atem, its one of those albums that is more enjoyable after a few drinks, but that isn`t always a bad thing.
Yeah, but then I like every kind of music. Even our world famous Dutch heartbreakers. :lol:
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I ordered "Nebulous Dawn - The Early Years" box set containing Atem but it hasn't arrived yet. :cry:

Anyway, I borrowed "The Collection" CD from a friend containing Circulation of Events and Fauni-Gena from Atem. Those tracks rule! They have amazing atmosphere. I love how utterly uncommercial the music is, really uncompromised.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

71 dB wrote:I ordered "Nebulous Dawn - The Early Years" box set containing Atem but it hasn't arrived yet. :cry:

Anyway, I borrowed "The Collection" CD from a friend containing Circulation of Events and Fauni-Gena from Atem. Those tracks rule! They have amazing atmosphere. I love how utterly uncommercial the music is, really uncompromised.
The Nebulous Dawn set is a bargain and contains all the Pink Years...except Green Desert which IMO isn't really a Pink Years album..
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Just got it and just finished playing it. Love it. I have been getting into alot of the early 70's German stuff like Amon Duul 11, Faust and Neu!. So Atem is well and truelly something that appeals to me greatly. This type of material has been a revelation to me and I have shortlisted Guru Guru, Brainticket and KRAAN for the near future.

Still havan't managed to get Zeit....but hopefully I will be able to afford it through Amazon soon.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:Just got it and just finished playing it. Love it. I have been getting into alot of the early 70's German stuff like Amon Duul 11, Faust and Neu!. So Atem is well and truelly something that appeals to me greatly. This type of material has been a revelation to me and I have shortlisted Guru Guru, Brainticket and KRAAN for the near future.

Still havan't managed to get Zeit....but hopefully I will be able to afford it through Amazon soon.
Technically Brainticket don't count as they aren't German, having said that they normally get lumped in with Krautrock ;)

I'd recommend early Ash Ra Tempel (non vocal albums), Agitation Free (after Chris Franke Left)...especially their 'second' LP, Cluster, Harmonia's Deluxe album and Michael Rother's first LP Flammende Herzen
Last edited by 24db on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.