Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
har wrote:
achh!

I'm having problems with this pay pal stuff. Finally managed to download Orange Odysee but pay pal saying I've got to register my bank account details, so I can use my credit card. Aye Right! and leave such important details with them :roll:


I only want to use pay pal to get stuff off here and I will not be adding bank account details :!:

Any one else had such problems?


That's normal with PayPal. It's pretty secure and if you give credit card details elsewhere, someone still inputs your details on a pc somewhere, so it's probably more risky.

I wasn't so happy about using PayPal but so far it seems to have worked OK for me. Seem to get quite a lot of spam about my PayPal account but as long as I don't reply to them I should be alright. :evil:


Well paypal's got to get the money somehow - it's a trade between convenience and risk. I remember thinking the 1st transaction a pain to set up but since then no worries, and prompt email notifications give confidence.

As you say Chris PayPal gets used as a front for fraud attempts but we're all getting the message I think - if an email's asking you to verify your password it's 100% certainly a criminal that needs to be reported - either to http://www.antiphishing.org/report_phishing.html or with the later browsers with their built-in tools.


OK lads thanks for replying. So without being too enquiring here, I hope, have you guys had your bank details registered with this mob without problems for some time?

Heard some bad karma like :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 2027
Location: staying home getting stiff
For, what, guess over a year - since whenever TDShop required it. And ebay too since then.

oh and there's a character round these parts that raffles TD memorabilia for charidee.

But no, had no issues other than odd emails that I would have had anyway from criminals pretending to be with PayPal


Your biggest worrry would be if you were in England and receiving child benefit via PayPal which I don't think Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs do yet (thank gawd)

actually - worse would be bleeding Oystercard for travelling in London but that's another story

_________________
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
har wrote:
redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
har wrote:
achh!

I'm having problems with this pay pal stuff. Finally managed to download Orange Odysee but pay pal saying I've got to register my bank account details, so I can use my credit card. Aye Right! and leave such important details with them :roll:


I only want to use pay pal to get stuff off here and I will not be adding bank account details :!:

Any one else had such problems?


That's normal with PayPal. It's pretty secure and if you give credit card details elsewhere, someone still inputs your details on a pc somewhere, so it's probably more risky.

I wasn't so happy about using PayPal but so far it seems to have worked OK for me. Seem to get quite a lot of spam about my PayPal account but as long as I don't reply to them I should be alright. :evil:


Well paypal's got to get the money somehow - it's a trade between convenience and risk. I remember thinking the 1st transaction a pain to set up but since then no worries, and prompt email notifications give confidence.

As you say Chris PayPal gets used as a front for fraud attempts but we're all getting the message I think - if an email's asking you to verify your password it's 100% certainly a criminal that needs to be reported - either to http://www.antiphishing.org/report_phishing.html or with the later browsers with their built-in tools.


OK lads thanks for replying. So without being too enquiring here, I hope, have you guys had your bank details registered with this mob without problems for some time?

Heard some bad karma like :!:

I've been using it for quite a few years now without any trouble. I've not given them any bank details, I've only registered one of my credit cards with them. Since my credit card has anti-fraud protection, I'm hoping that I'm sufficiently covered should anything go wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
cheers red, reassuring, at least in respect of dream purchases!

HMRC = erses :roll:

Will check out the memorabilia 8) but give the Oystercard a miss thanks :D


Last edited by har on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
Chris Monk wrote:
I've been using it for quite a few years now without any trouble. I've not given them any bank details, I've only registered one of my credit cards with them. Since my credit card has anti-fraud protection, I'm hoping that I'm sufficiently covered should anything go wrong.



Aye, was hoping I could just use my credit card also. Although it must be said having just acitvated a pay pal account and having such extensive payments to Eastgate in Euros in the last fortnight has possibly made them think :?:

I'll see what happens, but thanks very much for responding lads :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
finally got a reply today from paypal to the e mail I sent them on 27/11/07, about the problems I was having purchasing downloads from here.


"rupert" states I have reached my £1000 spending limit for the month :shock: :shock: :shock:

Despite it actually only being £48.81 I have spent at Eastgate.

What a complete byunch of Wallies! Just checked my account and all appears in order. Just ordered the two new cds okay.

Do they actually know what they are doing at Paypal :?:


PS to be honest quality of the music must be worth close to a grand rite enuff :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Download of One night In Space concert - just under 2 hrs - available for download in the next couple of days - NEWS SECTION ! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2603
Location: Maroubra Bay
timer wrote:
Download of One night In Space concert - just under 2 hrs - available for download in the next couple of days - NEWS SECTION ! :D


Just added another thing to the Christmas List. Downloads mean I get in Australia before the 25th.

_________________
"Sydney till I Die"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
Download of One night In Space concert - just under 2 hrs - available for download in the next couple of days - NEWS SECTION ! :D


Very nice and very good work from Eastgate,now people dont have to wait for the DVD for the music 8) and they are guaranteed to listen before xmas :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
No thank you I’ll buy one shop online. :D :wink:



:!: :arrow:

_________________
Image
https://twitter.com/laserdiscdream
https://plus.google.com/113176733764779995609
http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 498
timer wrote:
Download of One night In Space concert - just under 2 hrs - available for download in the next couple of days - NEWS SECTION ! :D

VERY nice deal - especially for those that don't buy the DVDs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Beaubourg wrote:
timer wrote:
Download of One night In Space concert - just under 2 hrs - available for download in the next couple of days - NEWS SECTION ! :D

VERY nice deal - especially for those that don't buy the DVDs.


I already ordered the dvd and if it is good one, I will download the soundtrack, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
I love this idea hopefully if TD play in Japan next year this will be available for download

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
timer wrote:
Download of One night In Space concert - just under 2 hrs - available for download in the next couple of days - NEWS SECTION ! :D

Great news. I'll have some of that. The Orange Oddysey download is just great, this one should be even better. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 9:57 pm
Posts: 479
Location: Scotland
alipaul wrote:
I love this idea hopefully if TD play in Japan next year this will be available for download


I think that's a given......

That's one of the things i really like about TD right now.....

They can release what they want, when they want, and how they want..... and without any interference from a big record label.... cos they have their own label in Eastgate.

Many of the live DVD's have become available literally weeks after the performance. Imagine if they were signed to EMI or Sony, or still with Virgin...... we'd be waiting years for these releases.....

_________________
Be at one with the sequencing.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage