The Keep: Special Screening in London with Q&A in 2008

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

I take it from your post references to 'Trooper' that this can only really be aimed at myself.

DV's original comment which sparked off this tirade of posts, was not put across in a humourus or light hearted way at all, it was directed straight at certain individuals on this forum.
I can't understand why a reference to an earlier posting by myself ref:respecting others opinions, would have been bought up ,as I did not write anything to warrant this ! (please show me if I did ?).
I have in the past also had comments completely ignored, but to me it doesn't matter, the comments were probably not relevant to the topic at the time.

As for the Barmy army 'clique' (here we go again !), this is not a formulated organisation, it's just a term for a gathering of like minded people of which anyone is welcome to join in. In relations to your comment about BA's enjoyment of beer, do you honestly think (as directed by DV's post) that we get totally mashed before gigs and cause trouble - I don't think so ! As Edgar once said 'What an intelligent audience we all are!.
9/10 the reason BA is mentioned in postings is in general humour, and in a vain attempt to get this forum to where it was months ago, with good honest banter about TD, and anything else the mind should be FREE to discuss.

As far as I am aware I have only ever posted here with the best of intension, in a light hearted fashion, to hopefully make others chuckle now and again. If this forum was 100% serious what a boring place it would be. And if I have ever posted anything that any user found offensive to them I apologise full heartidly.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:Matthew
I appreciate your comments although i dont agree with them all and you certainly dont have to agree with mine.

I would just like to make you understand that the situation with certain individuals here past/present goes very much deeper,i have received some dreadful comments over the years and for what? "Do i deserve that for being a fan of Tangerine Dream"?.... the thing that narks me mate is that the people who make these comments turn into invisible men at concerts,most of them have never even spoken to me.....
Ive felt very angry on occasions,and have every right to be..........

If people here feel that a few members of a so-called TD army are destroying this forum its time for the supporters or opposition of this to stand up and air their views........If people within or without this so-called fraternity are unhappy then fine.......I can take my posts and fanship on another forum..... Iam sorry but i maintain there is no clique here,just harmless fun.....

As a certain lady wrote me sometime back "They act like this because its nothing but jealousy" how right those words are.....

For now im going to enjoy my sons birthday......Cheerio :wink:

Yes enjoy it Colin. I wouldn`t want you to leave the forum, I dont want anyone to leave this forum but I would like more people to register and more people to post here. But sadly for whatever reasons there is a lack of TD fans on the official forum and that is something we should talk about rather then sweep it under the carpet. I can see it getting to a point where there will only be about 10 - 20 people posting on a reguler basis, in fact it is going that way rather quickly.

Why is it going this way? well I have my opinions and I have aired some of them. I am not trying to start any flame wars but I do feel I am entilted to say what I feel.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:I take it from your post references to 'Trooper' that this can only really be aimed at myself.

DV's original comment which sparked off this tirade of posts, was not put across in a humourus or light hearted way at all, it was directed straight at certain individuals on this forum.
I can't understand why a reference to an earlier posting by myself ref:respecting others opinions, would have been bought up ,as I did not write anything to warrant this ! (please show me if I did ?).
I have in the past also had comments completely ignored, but to me it doesn't matter, the comments were probably not relevant to the topic at the time.

As for the Barmy army 'clique' (here we go again !), this is not a formulated organisation, it's just a term for a gathering of like minded people of which anyone is welcome to join in. In relations to your comment about BA's enjoyment of beer, do you honestly think (as directed by DV's post) that we get totally mashed before gigs and cause trouble - I don't think so ! As Edgar once said 'What an intelligent audience we all are!.
9/10 the reason BA is mentioned in postings is in general humour, and in a vain attempt to get this forum to where it was months ago, with good honest banter about TD, and anything else the mind should be FREE to discuss.

As far as I am aware I have only ever posted here with the best of intension, in a light hearted fashion, to hopefully make others chuckle now and again. If this forum was 100% serious what a boring place it would be. And if I have ever posted anything that any user found offensive to them I apologise full heartidly.

why do people get upset when the word "clique" is used. From my understanding of the word it means "A restricted group of people that share the same pattern of behaviour". Ok you say anyone can join Barmy Army but by starting Barmy Army rather then just being a TD fans you are restricting people, not all people want to be tarnished with that name, some people just want to be TD fans. I know "barmy army" is just a light hearted term that doesnt really have any meaning but it can be intimading for new posters who don`t understand the whole thing.....why does there have to be a barmy army section of TD fans?
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:I take it from your post references to 'Trooper' that this can only really be aimed at myself.

why do people get upset when the word "clique" is used. From my understanding of the word it means "A restricted group of people that share the same pattern of behaviour". Ok you say anyone can join Barmy Army but by starting Barmy Army rather then just being a TD fans you are restricting people, not all people want to be tarnished with that name, some people just want to be TD fans. I know "barmy army" is just a light hearted term that doesnt really have any meaning but it can be intimading for new posters who don`t understand the whole thing.....why does there have to be a barmy army section of TD fans?
Take another look at my post.
The BA has never restricted anyone from being involved, and if you look at postings following new people joining the forum, they have always been met by heartfelt greetings and welcoming. The term Barmy Army relates to being Barmy about TD's music nothing more.
If this stops people from joining in on the forum - it most certainly was not intended !

I for one am very happy that I have met a lot of TD fans through this site and the pre gig meetings, and find it all the more enjoyable to be able to enjoy gig's with like minded people that ALL get on .
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Take another look at my post.
The BA has never restricted anyone from being involved, and if you look at postings following new people joining the forum, they have always been met by heartfelt greetings and welcoming. The term Barmy Army relates to being Barmy about TD's music nothing more.
If this stops people from joining in on the forum - it most certainly was not intended !

I for one am very happy that I have met a lot of TD fans through this site and the pre gig meetings, and find it all the more enjoyable to be able to enjoy gig's with like minded people that ALL get on .

I guess I am in the minority of 1. If everything is all and well then fine I`ll stand corrected. I just feel by having a barmy army sub group of TD fans it does give over a clique mentality even if that isn`t the intention. It is like saying there is TD fans but then there is barmy army TD fans who are different, a bit more special, if that is not the case and we are all the same then why use that term? the term is used as you do feel different to the rest, or maybe you want to be different, if you dont then bury that term, there is no point having it?

Why do you think there is so few registered users posting here, as I stated before at the time of writing there is 423 registered users and to be honest I could not even name 100 different people who post here.

I think it is time we ask this question because at the moment TD are on a roll there is thousands and thousands of TD fans over the world yet less then 100 TD fans post on the bands official forum, jez I bet there is more then that on the redshift forum.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Anyway I am going to stop posting on this topic as I don`t want to sabotage Andy`s original topic which actually has some very usefull info on it.

maybe ill start a topic about this in its own right, as I do think it is worth people getting things of their chest, its better to talk about things openly rather then resulting to personal attacks or flame wars.

sorry for going way of topic Andy....

:arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:Anyway I am going to stop posting on this topic as I don`t want to sabotage Andy`s original topic which actually has some very usefull info on it.

maybe ill start a topic about this in its own right, as I do think it is worth people getting things of their chest, its better to talk about things openly rather then resulting to personal attacks or flame wars.

Do what you want mate, Im sick of all of this, the forum is alls yours guys good luck with it !
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:Anyway I am going to stop posting on this topic as I don`t want to sabotage Andy`s original topic which actually has some very usefull info on it.

Do what you want mate, Im sick of all of this, the forum is alls yours guys good luck with it !
don`t be childish, its your forum just as much as anyone else, you have a right to post. Am I not allowed to put my opinion without being made to be the bad guy?.

I don`t think I have said anything insulting or personal to you, I am just making a comment about barmy army in general.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

There was an interesting comment, I think on Fangoria, from a Keep fan, that he / she had no love for the TD soundtrack....but the film was excellent......I will be attending the event 'if' I can....to assess both music and film, in the realm that they need assessing : a cinema.....TD's music is cinematic :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Pertou wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote: And ?
?
In my opinion, an opinion on an opinion is just an opinion. :)
and an opinion is also just an opinion. :)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

cantosis wrote: maybe ill start a topic about this in its own right, as I do think it is worth people getting things of their chest, its better to talk about things openly rather then resulting to personal attacks or flame wars.
That's a good idea :)
timer

Post by timer »

And you think im Childish !
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

timer wrote:And you think im Childish !
?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I would love to see a screening of Sorceror, with EF and WF doing a QA.......
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:I would love to see a screening of Sorceror, with EF and WF doing a QA.......
Me too 8)