The Keep: Special Screening in London with Q&A in 2008

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Keep: Special Screening in London with Q&A in 2008

Post by 24db »

In London on January 26th 2008 there will be a special screening of the Keep, together with a Q&A and discussion session:

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5457

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... ondon.html
Last edited by 24db on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sounds good, I better try and watch the movie, I have always loved the album but never saw the film :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

hmm I don't like the film at all, ok perhaps that's a bit harsh...it has 'some' merit I guess. I would be nice to see and hear TD's score at the Cinema though...barmy army outing perhaps?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:idea: calling barmy army......calling barmy army......26th January :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

VERY cool! I'd be there in a heartbeat if it weren't for the steep price tag of admittance.

Saw it on the big screen upon release, only for the want of hearing TD's score - but ended up loving the film in the end. Not the greatest, but the marriage of the visuals and the music do wonders... (the novel is spectacularly creepy and WAY different from the film.)
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:VERY cool! I'd be there in a heartbeat if it weren't for the steep price tag of admittance.

Saw it on the big screen upon release, only for the want of hearing TD's score - but ended up loving the film in the end. Not the greatest, but the marriage of the visuals and the music do wonders... (the novel is spectacularly creepy and WAY different from the film.)
what price mate? I haven't seen a price mentioned...plus you can't buy tickets from the cinema until next year (I'm guessing)
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:VERY cool! I'd be there in a heartbeat if it weren't for the steep price tag of admittance.

what price mate? I haven't seen a price mentioned...plus you can't buy tickets from the cinema until next year (I'm guessing)
No. No. I'm talking about the price of jumping the puddle from The States.

I've done it for TD - but I don't see myself doing it for a movie. :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:

No. No. I'm talking about the price of jumping the puddle from The States.

I've done it for TD - but I don't see myself doing it for a movie. :shock:
Ah I see, yeah way too much for 'just a movie'.
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
24db wrote:hmm I don't like the film at all, ok perhaps that's a bit harsh...it has 'some' merit I guess. I would be nice to see and hear TD's score at the Cinema though...barmy army outing perhaps?
Agreed, Andy. Although how it fails with such a stellar cast AND the best band in the universe providing the score is beyond me. I read somewhere that F Paul Wilson took the huff with Michael Mann and stormed off the set because the movie was such a departure from the book.

Well I think they all went to do better things mate, however the Keep does have a strange atmosphere...and TD's and Brian Eno's score sets up that perfectly.

I've still got the book somewhere...unread :)
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote:
24db wrote:hmm I don't like the film at all, ok perhaps that's a bit harsh...it has 'some' merit I guess. I would be nice to see and hear TD's score at the Cinema though...barmy army outing perhaps?
Agreed, Andy. Although how it fails with such a stellar cast AND the best band in the universe providing the score is beyond me. I read somewhere that F Paul Wilson took the huff with Michael Mann and stormed off the set because the movie was such a departure from the book.

Well I think they all went to do better things mate, however the Keep does have a strange atmosphere...and TD's and Brian Eno's score sets up that perfectly.

Come on... that's not Eno in the opening titles. May sound like it was stolen from his Bush of Ghosts, but it's all TD.

You should really read the book.
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote: Agreed, Andy. Although how it fails with such a stellar cast AND the best band in the universe providing the score is beyond me. I read somewhere that F Paul Wilson took the huff with Michael Mann and stormed off the set because the movie was such a departure from the book.

Come on... that's not Eno in the opening titles. May sound like it was stolen from his Bush of Ghosts, but it's all TD.

depends who you listen to (other people have told me it comes from the rough mixes from MLITBOG...NOT the finished album)...personally I don't really care that much...although it's the only bit of the film I like
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:

depends who you listen to (other people have told me it comes from the rough mixes from MLITBOG...NOT the finished album)...personally I don't really care that much...although it's the only bit of the film I like
That is a well crafted sequence.

I think what really works best and is the standout in that film is the set design.

In the novel, there's so much more of the basement/bowels of the keep that would have been wild to see on screen. (In fact, there's a scene from the basement that STILL scares the heck of out me when I think about it.) :shock:
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote::idea: calling barmy army......calling barmy army......26th January :arrow:
General Timer reporting for Duty rear Admiral Moogster
24db

Post by 24db »

we need some tickets! :D
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

This is actually great news since it may mean the eventual release of a director's cut on DVD. Most of the problems with the film were the fault of the studio moreso than Michael Mann. I've read the book as well, and I recommend it. But I still find the movie highly enjoyable. And I still think the score is one of TD's best. I really do hope this screening leads to new developments regarding the movie. It already has a huge cult fan base and this should generate a resurgence of interest.