The Keep: Special Screening in London with Q&A in 2008

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Could do, but sadly screenings don't always lead to a DVD...Sorcerer was screened in a cleaned up print in Australia several years back...but we're still waiting for a decent DVD of it.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:Could do, but sadly screenings don't always lead to a DVD...Sorcerer was screened in a cleaned up print in Australia several years back...but we're still waiting for a decent DVD of it.
I have found a French blog and its author says that the Sorcerer DVD will be re-edited as a collector's edition DVD, by 2008.
http://forgottensilver.blogspot.com/200 ... ation.html

and it seems to be confirmed here also, in English:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/sho ... ost3229948
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:Could do, but sadly screenings don't always lead to a DVD...Sorcerer was screened in a cleaned up print in Australia several years back...but we're still waiting for a decent DVD of it.
I have found a French blog and its author says that the Sorcerer DVD will be re-edited as a collector's edition DVD, by 2008.
http://forgottensilver.blogspot.com/200 ... ation.html

and it seems to be confirmed here also, in English:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/sho ... ost3229948
Cheers Jacob, still begs the question which version are we talking about and how good the picture will be...I don't like the P&Sed 4:3 region 1...cheap and nasty!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

So which version of the film is going to be screened I wonder? I'not expected an answer, just thinking out loud. I understand there were at least endings and numerous cuts.

I've only seen the film on the TV and taped it on to video so I've no idea what it would look like on the big screen. I do remember the ending and finding TD's version of Walking on the Air very moving.

I hope this is a prelude to a DVD release. I'd love to see it in reasonable quality.
24db

Post by 24db »

I'll try to find out a bit more from Stephane Piter about this screening:

Stephane's reply:

"Well, actually the theatrical version BUT in a new print from LA via Paramount Picture, cleaned up. Around this, some rare documents will be diffused from the longer version. It came from my private collection... The moment is to meet the original artists from the film bring together again...A great moment".
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote::idea: calling barmy army......calling barmy army......26th January :arrow:
Would love to go to this,i will try my best to attend 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Im up for this if the entrance isn't too expensive ! 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A lot of people are under the impression the film was shot in Romania......it was infact shot in Wales :wink:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:A lot of people are under the impression the film was greatness in Romania......it was infact shot in Wales :wink:
Wonderfull !

A lot of the Dr.Who series for yesteryear was filmed in a quarry down the road from here.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:A lot of people are under the impression the film was shot in Romania......it was infact shot in Wales :wink:
Wonderfull !

A lot of the Dr.Who series for yesteryear was filmed in a quarry down the road from here.
We had Dr Who filmed in the colliery about five miles north Tim in Deri 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote::idea: calling barmy army......calling barmy army......26th January :arrow:
It will come as no surprise to learn that I am working! :(
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
Just your typical rotten luck Mick :x ....... Does anyone know how much this costs?
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:
Has your boss got a vendetta against TD Mick ?
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

This event is going to be spoiled if the biggest TD fans :wink: start cheering after every soundtrack and talking throughout the film

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:we need some tickets! :D
Where do we get them,has there been any made available :?: