Lasers, mr.bond

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Lasers, mr.bond

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Got to say it was a great laser show in london. Wonder why the laser shows went awol for a few years? And does anyone know if they are dangerous? :roll:
timer

Re: Lasers, mr.bond

Post by timer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Got to say it was a great laser show in london. Wonder why the laser shows went awol for a few years? And does anyone know if they are dangerous? :roll:

This is why they are above head hieght for downstairs and below leg hieght for upstair mate !

A concert hall full of decapitated TD fans ! Great light show though !

:lol:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I loved them, I know a few people have said negative things about them but they added to the experience for me, even in the balcony.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I loved them, I know a few people have said negative things about them but they added to the experience for me, even in the balcony.
they got a bit repetitive for me...although I'll admit I did shout 'Oh yes'! when I first saw them :D

Btw I think TD were trying to cut down the amount of equipment they brought with them, they were definitely using the Forum's Monitors, possibly even their PA...and who knows...perhaps some of the lights (they did this at one SBE gig).

It was surreal meeting the laser operator in the nightclub on sunday night.
Last edited by 24db on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I must admit i love the re-introduction of the lasers but i remember the heady days of Laserium now that was a Laser show.
I was blown away in 1978 @ the Odeon Birmingham
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

it certainly added a new perspective to the gig from the balcony, watching through the lasers was a tad surreal but lets face it, td need something to distract from them on stage. They dont move much. (This isnt critisism) . I loved the laser show and been front row balcony i did sometimes wonder if i could dip my hand in front of them but then i thought, would i put my hand in a shark tank, nope. :-) when the dvd is released ill probably see a completely different side to the london gig from below the lasers but i loved it from where i was. A tad surreal and very enjoyable.
bigmoog

Re: Lasers, mr.bond

Post by bigmoog »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Got to say it was a great laser show in london. Wonder why the laser shows went awol for a few years? And does anyone know if they are dangerous? :roll:

.....A laser is only dangerous in the hands of an evil megalomaniac such as Auric Goldfinger, 007 :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

Personally i loved them. Apart from creating an artificle ceiling between the floor and the balcolny, they added surreal warmth and atmosphere to the sets and after all, a TD concert without lasers is almost madness! :roll:
Ode To Granny A
pogofish

Post by pogofish »

IIRC, lots of authorities have extra licencing/H&S requirements for laser shows (& pyrothecnics etc) that probably make compliance a bit of an extra headache for a touring band.

Think most were framed back in the early days of the technology when nobody knew much about them & the real risks got lost in the hyperbole from promoters etc.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I loved them in Edinburgh. I'm sure if it shon in your eyes it would blind you though.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im all for the lasers,keep them coming :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

laserium, lasers, light shows

kaleidoscopian multi layered cosmic solarian LIGHT, that merges with thee musical soundscapes of the awesomeness of TANGMUSIC
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I quite enjoyed the laser but wouldn't mind if they were dropped from the show. It's a bit like the back-projections, they're a nice addition but if they weren't there I wouldn't care too much.

Lasers can be dangereous to your sight, they can perminantly burn the retina.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Maybe one day TD will get the honor of a laserium show like Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin did back in the 70's and 80's.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
24db

Post by 24db »

tdream4ever wrote:Maybe one day TD will get the honor of a laserium show like Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin did back in the 70's and 80's.
Is Laserium even still going?