What would you like to hear at the Royal Albert Hall?

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by tdream4ever »

24db wrote:
td fan wrote:
24db wrote: I want Charlie Prince on Kazoo or nothing ;) As we've said before Colin, a gig with a few surprises would (and has been in the past) brilliant, but to think that Edgar & TD would return to former days goes against everything he and band stands for, so...no 1975, it's 2010, let's enjoy it for what it is. I can understand some fans thought process here, they found something they loved about TD and want something like it again, but you can't expect an artist to give people exactly what 'the fans' want 'all of the time', then you stop being an artist altogether...all IMHO of course
I know it is 2010, but every band in the world wants to please the audience and play old hits. I love TD at most, but their last few concerts were very similar, and...I don't know, maybe I am the only one, but I don't like Iris to play "bongos percussions" at gigs, trying to catch (unsuccessfuly) TD rhytm...It sounds so unnatural and so "separated" from "TD sound" IMHO..Please, at least change that bongos for real set of drums :)...And no, I don't want to go back in 1975, I want (for example) TD to play some old hit in its originality and not bananarama...
If you go to Kraftwerk gig, you'll hear same music over and over again, but it is always magic (I was last year at their gig-every song is the same-in its originality, with maybe light, but beautiful improvisations, and to my surprise, young people were ecstatic).
Or for instance - Jean Michelle Jarre, I think all his concerts are the same :) So what, you can hardly find tickets for the show...
Kraftwerk and J.M.J are still top artists in the world...
TD are even better than Kraftwerk anf J.M.J., so please guys play your old hits proudly :)
btw we might find out one day, that the only way that TD were able to perform some of the tracks was to Tangentise (dreadful word!) them.
I like what Edgar and TD is putting out and playing today. I think as far as the setlist goes at the concerts. It is different from the previous tours. They do change it up enough to keep everybody happy. My first international experience with TD in London (Eye) was magical for me. They do add the old with the new. But playing more of the newer material a little bit more. It would be nice to see Edgar and company to play some more of the classic material, like from the Epsilon Journey concert a few years back. Not to go back in time per say. But to add some classic's to the setlist. Yes the RAH gig is a special anniversary event! So change it up a little bit. Add a set of improve with a special guest or two. But keep playing the newer material of course. Not saying go back to 1967 and just play the early TD music. Even the Phaedra 35th anniversary concert would be nice. To start off with early TD material and work your way to today. Yes, thats already been done. Maybe Edgar and Thorsten can do an improve in the middle of the setlist. And JF would come out as a special guest so the 3 of them would do an 30-45 minute improve.
But I would be happy just making it over the pond and seeing Edgar and Tangerine Dream for the 3rd year in a row :!: :arrow: :D :D :D :D
Not much time left. . . . . . . .
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

±±±What we want, what we think we want and what we will get is entirely at thee mercy of Edgar :D ±±±
...The wise.....are silent.....
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

. . . . . . . .after all. . . . .he is the KING!! :wink:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tdream4ever wrote:. . . . . . . .after all. . . . .he is the KING!! :wink:
:P :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Doug and Marilyn

Post by Doug and Marilyn »

.... and the King mounts his throne in just 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Live the King
td fan

Post by td fan »

24db wrote:My opinion is that Jerome, Ulrich and Edgar all make fantastic music seperately, and I'm fairly sure that they have loads of solo projects planned for years to come. Hypercrite that I am, I will add I've love to see Jerome back for one gig, just for old times, but not as a permanent member again. Besides he lives in Berlin and Edgar has moved back to Vienna so that makes thing slightly more complicated than when they had their studio back in Germany.
I agree 100 % with you, but Ulrich is beside his solo projects, still member of "Longview", which music is good (indie-rock/pop) but I think (in every respect to "Longview") this band cannot match with his creativity, originality and ingenuity IMO. I'd be satisfied with 1 good TD album per year or two made by EF,JF and US :) Vienna is not so far away from Berlin/England. I was at Royal Festival Hall in 2004 and I was enchanted with Purgatorio. JF's influence in Purgatorio was obvious (Intro, Sun Son's Seal, and some other parts..), and as you see above in forum's poll, it is most popular part of trilogy among the fans. So why not JF as permanent member.
PS I don't have SBE DVD, I don't know what Jerome said about latin percussions....
24db

Post by 24db »

td fan wrote:
24db wrote:My opinion is that Jerome, Ulrich and Edgar all make fantastic music seperately, and I'm fairly sure that they have loads of solo projects planned for years to come. Hypercrite that I am, I will add I've love to see Jerome back for one gig, just for old times, but not as a permanent member again. Besides he lives in Berlin and Edgar has moved back to Vienna so that makes thing slightly more complicated than when they had their studio back in Germany.
I agree 100 % with you, but Ulrich is beside his solo projects, still member of "Longview", which music is good (indie-rock/pop) but I think (in every respect to "Longview") this band cannot match with his creativity, originality and ingenuity IMO. I'd be satisfied with 1 good TD album per year or two made by EF,JF and US :) Vienna is not so far away from Berlin/England. I was at Royal Festival Hall in 2004 and I was enchanted with Purgatorio. JF's influence in Purgatorio was obvious (Intro, Sun Son's Seal, and some other parts..), and as you see above in forum's poll, it is most popular part of trilogy among the fans. So why not JF as permanent member.
PS I don't have SBE DVD, I don't know what Jerome said about latin percussions....
well actually Jerome didn't mention percussion on the DVD (it's in an interview), but he did say something along the lines that TD was so associated with Edgar that he wouldn't continue the group after/if Edgar stepped down. Ironically Edgar did want Jerome to head TD (mark II for want of a better word) in 1990, but Paul b******d up the whole thing when he left. TD being originally meant to run from 1970-1990

Ulrich is on record saying something like he'd be too nervous about working with Edgar and (memory fails me now) that he probably wouldn't be able to relax enough to produce his best. I'll have to see if I can find the audio interview
24db

Post by 24db »

http://www.pri.org/arts-entertainment/music/158.html

Ulrich-"I have to get on my knees and pray to Berlin"

Actually I'm not so sure that it might have been Chris Newmann who asked Ulrich about TD. Chris?
td fan

Post by td fan »

24db wrote:well actually Jerome didn't mention percussion on the DVD (it's in an interview), but he did say something along the lines that TD was so associated with Edgar that he wouldn't continue the group after/if Edgar stepped down. Ironically Edgar did want Jerome to head TD (mark II for want of a better word) in 1990, but Paul b******d up the whole thing when he left. TD being originally meant to run from 1970-1990

Ulrich is on record saying something like he'd be too nervous about working with Edgar and (memory fails me now) that he probably wouldn't be able to relax enough to produce his best. I'll have to see if I can find the audio interview
I didn't know that. Very interesting, so we have to thank Paul for lefting the band :) Just kidding...
Thanks for interview with Ulrich, he is such a simple and normal guy. I like how he recognized Ricochet instantly :)
24db

Post by 24db »

td fan wrote:
24db wrote:well actually Jerome didn't mention percussion on the DVD (it's in an interview), but he did say something along the lines that TD was so associated with Edgar that he wouldn't continue the group after/if Edgar stepped down. Ironically Edgar did want Jerome to head TD (mark II for want of a better word) in 1990, but Paul b******d up the whole thing when he left. TD being originally meant to run from 1970-1990

I didn't know that. Very interesting, so we have to thank Paul for lefting the band :) Just kidding...
Thanks for interview with Ulrich, he is such a simple and normal guy. I like how he recognized Ricochet instantly :)
very nice guy Ulrich, I managed to speak to him after TD's concert in London in 2008.