What would you like to hear at the Royal Albert Hall?

td fan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by td fan »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:
exit81 wrote:I'd dearly love to hear a set list that emcompasses many surprises, risks, bizarre choices, unexpected gems and even a sprinkling of new material. What I fear we'll get though is that 90% of the show will be stuff they've been playing live over the last 2-3 years, and the remaining 10% will be new versions of 1-2 old tracks, a track of two off this year's CDs (Chandra, WIH) and something off the obligatory concert CD single. I would LOVE to be proved wrong, and it would make it a lenendary show if TD pulled out all the stops like they did at SBE 2005 and played a set list full of freshness and surprises. That show was brilliant because they did something different and it made the show unique. That show still stands out in my memory for those reasons. But if we get a bland set list this time, I might well call it a day on seeing them live until things change.
I couldn't agree more

I'd really love TD to visit the spirit of 75 with a one off all new set of new music–music not heard before, and turn this into a real special event. I'm really not looking forward to a compilation best of again at this venue, that format bores me and has done for years, it would be terminal disappointment for me as far as TD concerts were concerned if it was the same old, same old.
Agree, it has to change something, I'm not looking forward to TD gig as before.

I was at Porcupine Tree gig in "Hammersmith Appollo" in October 2009. and it was amazing..Such energy and freshness! Gig was in two pieces, in first half was new album (The Incident), in second was PT's old stuff.

So my wish: First half: DM5 with Jerome's TD reunion.
Second half: "TD meets Gueststars" -Johanness Schmoelling (reunion , reunion), Ulrich Schnauss (union).
I wish "old hits" but with more improvisations and "without digitalized sound". No matter what (for example: Logos, Horizon, Grind, White Eagle, Tangram, Richochet, Beach theme with real drums, Heritage Survival, Tyger with real singer, Underwater Sunlight /from dawn to dusk/ , Force Majeure and much much more)
24db

Post by 24db »

td fan wrote:
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
exit81 wrote:I'd dearly love to hear a set list that emcompasses many surprises, risks, bizarre choices, unexpected gems and even a sprinkling of new material. What I fear we'll get though is that 90% of the show will be stuff they've been playing live over the last 2-3 years, and the remaining 10% will be new versions of 1-2 old tracks, a track of two off this year's CDs (Chandra, WIH) and something off the obligatory concert CD single. I would LOVE to be proved wrong, and it would make it a lenendary show if TD pulled out all the stops like they did at SBE 2005 and played a set list full of freshness and surprises. That show was brilliant because they did something different and it made the show unique. That show still stands out in my memory for those reasons. But if we get a bland set list this time, I might well call it a day on seeing them live until things change.
I couldn't agree more

I'd really love TD to visit the spirit of 75 with a one off all new set of new music–music not heard before, and turn this into a real special event. I'm really not looking forward to a compilation best of again at this venue, that format bores me and has done for years, it would be terminal disappointment for me as far as TD concerts were concerned if it was the same old, same old.

I was at Porcupine Tree gig in "Hammersmith Appollo" in October 2009. and it was amazing..Such energy and freshness! Gig was in two pieces, in first half was new album (The Incident), in second was PT's old stuff.

Second half: "TD meets Gueststars" -Johanness Schmoelling (reunion , reunion), Ulrich Schnauss (union).
I wish "old hits" but with more improvisations and "without digitalized sound". No matter what (for example: Logos, Horizon, Grind, White Eagle, Tangram, Richochet, Beach theme with real drums, Heritage Survival, Tyger with real singer, Underwater Sunlight /from dawn to dusk/ , Force Majeure and much much more)
Can't see any of that happening. Johannes? been asked and said no thanks, Jerome...his views are on record...he's moved on, Ulrich Schnauss? nothing to do with TD, and far too busy doing his own music (also see his comments about what would happen if he was asked).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
td fan wrote:
Mac cuber transfer wrote: I couldn't agree more

Can't see any of that happening. Johannes? been asked and said no thanks, Jerome...his views are on record...he's moved on, Ulrich Schnauss? nothing to do with TD, and far too busy doing his own music (also see his comments about what would happen if he was asked).
Perhaps it would be better if we concentrated and focused on the current line-up we have and see what is served up on 1st April.
I have little doubt EF and co will pull out all the stops for this one and it will be a special night.

Just my opinion of course...........
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
td fan wrote: Agree, it has to change something, I'm not looking forward to TD gig as before.

Perhaps it would be better if we concentrated and focused on the current line-up we have and see what is served up on 1st April.
I have little doubt EF and co will pull out all the stops for this one and it will be a special night.

I want Charlie Prince on Kazoo or nothing ;) As we've said before Colin, a gig with a few surprises would (and has been in the past) brilliant, but to think that Edgar & TD would return to former days goes against everything he and band stands for, so...no 1975, it's 2010, let's enjoy it for what it is. I can understand some fans thought process here, they found something they loved about TD and want something like it again, but you can't expect an artist to give people exactly what 'the fans' want 'all of the time', then you stop being an artist altogether...all IMHO of course
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

`I am more concerned about what I will wear, my health and whether or not I will still have a relationship with her indoors after the gig. :roll: `
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bigmoog wrote:`I am more concerned about what I will wear, my health and whether or not I will still have a relationship with her indoors after the gig. :roll: `
Same here what is played doesnt matter, just getting there is all that matters to me. having said that........ :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
bigmoog wrote:`I am more concerned about what I will wear, my health and whether or not I will still have a relationship with her indoors after the gig. :roll: `
Same here what is played doesnt matter, just getting there is all that matters to me. having said that........ :wink:
Me too. I'll be on cloud 9 if I can make it there. Anything else will be a bonus.

PS Obviously I'm not concerned whether or not I have a relationship with Ms BM after the gig. :wink:

....might have to worry about Ms C Monk though. :roll:
td fan

Post by td fan »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Can't see any of that happening. Johannes? been asked and said no thanks, Jerome...his views are on record...he's moved on, Ulrich Schnauss? nothing to do with TD, and far too busy doing his own music (also see his comments about what would happen if he was asked).

I want Charlie Prince on Kazoo or nothing ;) As we've said before Colin, a gig with a few surprises would (and has been in the past) brilliant, but to think that Edgar & TD would return to former days goes against everything he and band stands for, so...no 1975, it's 2010, let's enjoy it for what it is. I can understand some fans thought process here, they found something they loved about TD and want something like it again, but you can't expect an artist to give people exactly what 'the fans' want 'all of the time', then you stop being an artist altogether...all IMHO of course
I know it is 2010, but every band in the world wants to please the audience and play old hits. I love TD at most, but their last few concerts were very similar, and...I don't know, maybe I am the only one, but I don't like Iris to play "bongos percussions" at gigs, trying to catch (unsuccessfuly) TD rhytm...It sounds so unnatural and so "separated" from "TD sound" IMHO..Please, at least change that bongos for real set of drums :)...And no, I don't want to go back in 1975, I want (for example) TD to play some old hit in its originality and not bananarama...
If you go to Kraftwerk gig, you'll hear same music over and over again, but it is always magic (I was last year at their gig-every song is the same-in its originality, with maybe light, but beautiful improvisations, and to my surprise, young people were ecstatic).
Or for instance - Jean Michelle Jarre, I think all his concerts are the same :) So what, you can hardly find tickets for the show...
Kraftwerk and J.M.J are still top artists in the world...
TD are even better than Kraftwerk anf J.M.J., so please guys play your old hits proudly :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Kraftwerk? one of the best gigs I've been to, even though it's on record that they use a minidisc for their live performance (somebody on EMP recently spoke to their roadie as he loaded it into their player)

JMJ? sadly, one of the worst gigs I've ever been to. Packed house, zero emotion...for me (horses for courses of course).

Everyone has a few things they don't like about groups and artists, all I can add is enjoy TD for as long as you can, cos when they stop we'll all have something to complain about. Nothing wrong if you enjoy other artists more either.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:Kraftwerk? one of the best gigs I've been to, even though it's on record that they use a minidisc for their live performance (somebody on EMP recently spoke to their roadie as he loaded it into their player)

JMJ? sadly, one of the worst gigs I've ever been to. Packed house, zero emotion...for me (horses for courses of course).

Everyone has a few things they don't like about groups and artists, all I can add is enjoy TD for as long as you can, cos when they stop we'll all have something to complain about. Nothing wrong if you enjoy other artists more either.

" :shock: :P :P "
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:Kraftwerk? one of the best gigs I've been to, even though it's on record that they use a minidisc for their live performance (somebody on EMP recently spoke to their roadie as he loaded it into their player)

of course they didn't say if it was just during the Robots or the entire gig. Going by fan recordings I'd still give them the benifit of doubt that they still improvise, at least when I heard them last in 2004 (fading in loops, pitch bending and filtering). Personally I don't give a monkeys, fantastic gig...but perhaps something I don't need to see more than once.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

of course they didn't say if it was just during the Robots or the entire gig. Going by fan recordings I'd still give them the benifit of doubt that they still improvise, at least when I heard them last in 2004 (fading in loops, pitch bending and filtering). Personally I don't give a monkeys, fantastic gig...but perhaps something I don't need to see more than once.
Saw KW in Brixton on The Mix tour 91 - although I had always wanted to see them live, I was fairly bored by the mid point, having said that - the Minimum / Maximum DVD is rather tasty .
td fan

Post by td fan »

I'm not complaining, I'm solely expressing my opinion :)
I don't want TD to stop, therefore I would like Jerome (legal successor) and his friend Ulrich to join TD. BTW, Ulrich's biggest influence is (are) TD/Edgar-(according to Ulrich's myspace page).
24db

Post by 24db »

td fan wrote:

I'm not complaining, I'm solely expressing my opinion :)
I don't want TD to stop, therefore I would like Jerome (legal successor) and his friend Ulrich to join TD. BTW, Ulrich's biggest influence is (are) TD/Edgar-(according to Ulrich's myspace page).
well I'm not suggesting 'you're' complaining, simply trying to square some of the wants lists that have come up in this thread, with what all of the 'main players' have said (if you have it give the SBE bonus DVD a spin and listen to what Jerome said about TD continuing after/ if Edgar steps aside, plus his comments about the re-introduction of Latin Percussion and Sax elsewhere on the net). Wishing Ulrich was in the band doesn't square with what he said either (going be a fairly recent audio interview with John Dilaberto), regardless of whether he's a big TD fan or not (btw personally I think he'd be great, and I'm a big fan of his solo stuff, plus he's a very nice geezer as wekk). I fully respect anyone who contructively suggests things. After all that's one of things Forums are for.

My opinion is that Jerome, Ulrich and Edgar all make fantastic music seperately, and I'm fairly sure that they have loads of solo projects planned for years to come. Hypercrite that I am, I will add I've love to see Jerome back for one gig, just for old times, but not as a permanent member again. Besides he lives in Berlin and Edgar has moved back to Vienna so that makes thing slightly more complicated than when they had their studio back in Germany.
24db

Post by 24db »

td fan wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Perhaps it would be better if we concentrated and focused on the current line-up we have and see what is served up on 1st April.

I know it is 2010, but every band in the world wants to please the audience and play old hits. I love TD at most, but their last few concerts were very similar, and...I don't know, maybe I am the only one, but I don't like Iris to play "bongos percussions" at gigs, trying to catch (unsuccessfuly) TD rhytm...It sounds so unnatural and so "separated" from "TD sound" IMHO..Please, at least change that bongos for real set of drums :)...And no, I don't want to go back in 1975, I want (for example) TD to play some old hit in its originality and not bananarama...
If you go to Kraftwerk gig, you'll hear same music over and over again, but it is always magic (I was last year at their gig-every song is the same-in its originality, with maybe light, but beautiful improvisations, and to my surprise, young people were ecstatic).
Or for instance - Jean Michelle Jarre, I think all his concerts are the same :) So what, you can hardly find tickets for the show...
Kraftwerk and J.M.J are still top artists in the world...
TD are even better than Kraftwerk anf J.M.J., so please guys play your old hits proudly :)
btw we might find out one day, that the only way that TD were able to perform some of the tracks was to Tangentise (dreadful word!) them.