ASTORIA 20TH APRIL 2007

endorphin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by endorphin »

I'm still on an amazing high after the gig, I'm sure I'm not the only one either! I've barely played anything else other than TD since last Friday.

It's a shame that the gig wasn't to everyone's liking and that there's been some heated arguements elsewhere on the net but I guess it could be argued that a band that can still stir up strong reactions in people both for and against even after 40 years can't be doing that badly really.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Dolphin Dance wrote:my covers blown! thought it would be nice to have some female input into this male orientated forum! i will shortly post knitting patterns for TD member dolls! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got a knitting pattern for the TD logo on a beannie? Always wanted one of those. :wink:
I have it on good authority that this will be researched !.
Cool. Have to be nice to the missus. Actually my mother-in-law has been threatening to knit me something for years.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

endorphin wrote:I'm still on an amazing high after the gig, I'm sure I'm not the only one either!
I've got the post TD gig blues. :cry: Need another fix. Have to make do with the SBE2005 DVD.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:I'm still on an amazing high after the gig, I'm sure I'm not the only one either!
I've got the post TD gig blues. :cry: Need another fix. Have to make do with the SBE2005 DVD.
Yes Chris us too ! just have to hope for the rumours to come true for July !
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Yes Chris us too ! just have to hope for the rumours to come true for July !

all rumours have a basis in fact and in truth

july

europe
...The wise.....are silent.....
MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

Hobo wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: Were you at the concert? I have to ask, as the singing was live and the last 90 minutes was live. I was near the front and could see everything being played in perfect time with the music.
No I wasn't - last live one for me was 2005, since then I've given up following anymore!! Purely my choice of course! :shock:
Horses for courses. It was this gig that lured me back!
If you like vocals, yes I guess it would - me, no way, too many bands do vocals!!!! The VERY reason I loved, still occasionally like TD! :lol:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

MRBLUE wrote:
Hobo wrote:
MRBLUE wrote: No I wasn't - last live one for me was 2005, since then I've given up following anymore!! Purely my choice of course! :shock:
If you like vocals, yes I guess it would - me, no way, too many bands do vocals!!!! The VERY reason I loved, still occasionally like TD! :lol:
There are no vocals on Springtime in Negasaki.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Colin_Neal

Post by Colin_Neal »

My photos of Friday night at the Astoria - nothing special - just so close!

http://colinneal.spaces.live.com/

Didn't enjoy the gig anywhere near as much as SBE2005 - much prefer the more dancey tracks

Col.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

MRBLUE wrote:
Hobo wrote:
MRBLUE wrote: No I wasn't - last live one for me was 2005, since then I've given up following anymore!! Purely my choice of course! :shock:
I meant SBE 2005, not the Astoria 2007. I'm no fan of TD with vocals, but it was a sound performance and the second half was magic. The direction taken with Springtime In Nagasaki and Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence, show me TD are back in the groove.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

Hobo wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
Hobo wrote: Horses for courses. It was this gig that lured me back!
I meant SBE 2005, not the Astoria 2007. I'm no fan of TD with vocals, but it was a sound performance and the second half was magic. The direction taken with Springtime In Nagasaki and Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence, show me TD are back in the groove.
Yes I know, which is why I said "still occasionally like TD" :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Colin_Neal wrote:My photos of Friday night at the Astoria - nothing special - just so close!

http://colinneal.spaces.live.com/

Didn't enjoy the gig anywhere near as much as SBE2005 - much prefer the more dancey tracks

Col.

Colin

Cant see the pictures mate...........link does not work :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Guy

Another voice in the crowd

Post by Guy »

After stalking this group for many months, here's my first post.

Been a TD fan since 1982. But to be honest, I lost track of them over the last couple of years. The posts here have helped me to get me interested again. The mention of the London gig here many months ago got me really excited. So I was there last Friday and enjoyed every minute of it. I do like MFD. I think the album contains some really beautiful songs which seem to strike a chord with me (maybe I am getting old :wink:). It actually brought tears to my eyes hearing the eighties tracks. I kind of grew up with that music. Great stuff.

As for the 'music coming of a hard disk'. Although it is a bit annoying to see someone hitting a drum frantically without hearing a sound coming out, I did not let that ruin the experience. If you think about it, this was a one off gig. For them to do the music live would have required a lot of work. That seems to be very expensive for a single performance. TD is not a charity after all.

Again, thanks to all the fans on this site to keep the TD flame burning. Looking forward to the next concert! Maybe the next time I will be able to talk to some of the other fans.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

I loved this concert very much, even the MFD part, I just hope it will get a DVD release soon.

Here's a few photos I took from the balcony:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Janus

Re: Another voice in the crowd

Post by Janus »

Guy wrote:After stalking this group for many months, here's my first post.

Been a TD fan since 1982. But to be honest, I lost track of them over the last couple of years. The posts here have helped me to get me interested again. The mention of the London gig here many months ago got me really excited. So I was there last Friday and enjoyed every minute of it. I do like MFD. I think the album contains some really beautiful songs which seem to strike a chord with me (maybe I am getting old :wink:). It actually brought tears to my eyes hearing the eighties tracks. I kind of grew up with that music. Great stuff.

As for the 'music coming of a hard disk'. Although it is a bit annoying to see someone hitting a drum frantically without hearing a sound coming out, I did not let that ruin the experience. If you think about it, this was a one off gig. For them to do the music live would have required a lot of work. That seems to be very expensive for a single performance. TD is not a charity after all.

Again, thanks to all the fans on this site to keep the TD flame burning. Looking forward to the next concert! Maybe the next time I will be able to talk to some of the other fans.
Welcome to the forum Guy yes concert was great :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Welcome to the Forum Guy - glad you like MFD.

And some nice pictures there HP7 - nice to see the gig from a different perspective.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!