Concerts 2014

td fan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Concerts 2014

Post by td fan »

GaryNovaScotia wrote:TD loves to play for their fans. David Bowie obviously doesn't care or have such a close connection.

Life is short, do what you love to do.
David Bowie is honest, at least.

Thanks for advice, I will.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

td fan wrote:
TD Eye wrote:Another great concert yesterday in Cologne. It was a pleasure to meet some of you.
I did not notice any changes in the main sets.

I was in Berlin and I must say I'm very dissapointed. It is obvious that all "Phaedra farewell" shows were the same, TD pretended to play something (all I heard was matrix with saxophone, flute and percussions (maybe some violoncello but I didn't hear it honestly).

What to say, TD is still my favourite band but I feel cheated. I travelled 800 kms to attend this show, and I think It will be my last (with such line-up). I could rather listen CDs at home. Yes, light show was good but wasn't enough. It is deception.

Also I must say I can't stand that saxophones and percussions anymore. They ruined famous TD sound. TD is electronic band, not latino or jazz...I was in London 2004 (Purgatorio), Barcelona (2004-DM 4), Budapest and now Berlin, and it seems that all I heard was matrix with live percussions and saxophones. Terrible. I don't care if Linda Spa will show her sexy leg to crowd or too see "sexy and dynamic" Iric Camaa. I came to all those gigs because of TD electronic sound.

It is also obvious that Edgar removed all those percussions from studio versions, so I don't understand him. I bought Josephine and the mouse singer (not bad at all btw) and there aren't any percussions or saxophones on it (thanks God).

I know that many artists today do the same but it is all wrong. I know how much I was dissapointed with Ulrich Schnauss show also. He pretended to play something but all he was doing was staring in his laptop.

Sorry for rant but I had to say that. Edgar should be honest like David Bowie who said that he can't and wont play live
anymore.
maybe you should change your name to "not-td fan" ? ;) :)
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
td fan wrote:
TD Eye wrote:Another great concert yesterday in Cologne. It was a pleasure to meet some of you.

I was in Berlin and I must say I'm very dissapointed. It is obvious that all "Phaedra farewell" shows were the same, TD pretended to play something (all I heard was matrix with saxophone, flute and percussions (maybe some violoncello but I didn't hear it honestly).

What to say, TD is still my favourite band but I feel cheated. I travelled 800 kms to attend this show, and I think It will be my last (with such line-up). I could rather listen CDs at home. Yes, light show was good but wasn't enough. It is deception.

Also I must say I can't stand that saxophones and percussions anymore. They ruined famous TD sound. TD is electronic band, not latino or jazz...I was in London 2004 (Purgatorio), Barcelona (2004-DM 4), Budapest and now Berlin, and it seems that all I heard was matrix with live percussions and saxophones. Terrible. I don't care if Linda Spa will show her sexy leg to crowd or too see "sexy and dynamic" Iric Camaa. I came to all those gigs because of TD electronic sound.

It is also obvious that Edgar removed all those percussions from studio versions, so I don't understand him. I bought Josephine and the mouse singer (not bad at all btw) and there aren't any percussions or saxophones on it (thanks God).

I know that many artists today do the same but it is all wrong. I know how much I was dissapointed with Ulrich Schnauss show also. He pretended to play something but all he was doing was staring in his laptop.

Sorry for rant but I had to say that. Edgar should be honest like David Bowie who said that he can't and wont play live
anymore.
I understand, but don't necessarily agree with what TDfan is saying. You know what you are going to get with modern TD - slick polished performances which don't vary much from concert to concert. Apart from Edgar announcing a reunion tour with Franke, Baumann and Schmoelling using only analogue gear, I can't see what else would satisfy the older fans! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Luenchen

Post by Luenchen »

Now I have vist the Offenbach Gig :D and the Köln Gig :D ! Great :D :D ! I hope this wasn´t my last TD Gig´s....... :?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Steve C wrote:

anymore.

I understand, but don't necessarily agree with what TDfan is saying. You know what you are going to get with modern TD - slick polished performances which don't vary much from concert to concert. Apart from Edgar announcing a reunion tour with Franke, Baumann and Schmoelling using only analogue gear, I can't see what else would satisfy the older fans! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Hmm, typical. Leave out Lanse Hapshash, Kurt Herkenberg, Volker Hombach and Charlie Prince in favour of the modern rubbish produced with Baumann and Franke ;)
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Steve C wrote:

anymore.

Hmm, typical. Leave out Lanse Hapshash, Kurt Herkenberg, Volker Hombach and Charlie Prince in favour of the modern rubbish produced with Baumann and Franke ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I don't think we will ever hear the true TD sound again. Only on vinyl, cd's, mp3's, etc. I thought the same back in the early 2000's with the Dante series (vocals - yuk) and then Iris was brought in and then Bernard I believe and Hoshiko. I feel out of love with TD during the late 90's until mid 2000. I still listen to my albums but did not buy anything new. Then I started to get back into around 2007. When I found this forum. I noticed that I could fly over and see Edgar and company perform live and was starting to like some of their songs on the new disc. Only a few. I figure they will not be around forever and I sill get a chance to see them as often as I can. And they were not coming to America to play like they do in Europe. So I decided to go to them instead of waiting for them to come to the States. And soon this chapter will come to an end. Hopefully not soon. But we (fans) all know that day will come. My life has evolved around the Dream music since 1978. It has been an important part of my life. I love music. And the dream music has some bad but for the most part it has been very good for me. We cannot have everything as everybody is different. You can't please everybody. If its time then it;s time. But eventually you will go back to the Dream.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

@all.
Just back in my hotel from the Vienna concert.
We can discuss what we like and do not like of TD music.
Think we should not stop with an open conversation about this subject.
At least we have to respect somone's opinion, no matter what kind of opinion.

What we cannot change is the creativity of TD (all band members).
If they want to produce music they like, we, the fans, can only like or dislike it.

I listen to music I like, including music of TD.
Most music of TD I like and love to listen to, but there are als some songs I hate.
What I like : i.e. "Trauma", which to my opinion is a genious and master peace of composed music.

TD has a variety of music , last 47 year.
And has produced quite a lot of songs.

Might we conclude EF is the Mozart of the 20th century concerning EM ??

If you like TD music then you are a fan.
That means it is not neccesary you have to like all the produced music.

I think I'm a fan :oops:

Peter
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

pb2rdf wrote:@all.
Just back in my hotel from the Vienna concert.
We can discuss what we like and do not like of TD music.
Think we should not stop with an open conversation about this subject.
At least we have to respect somone's opinion, no matter what kind of opinion.

What we cannot change is the creativity of TD (all band members).
If they want to produce music they like, we, the fans, can only like or dislike it.

I listen to music I like, including music of TD.
Most music of TD I like and love to listen to, but there are als some songs I hate.
What I like : i.e. "Trauma", which to my opinion is a genious and master peace of composed music.

TD has a variety of music , last 47 year.
And has produced quite a lot of songs.

Might we conclude EF is the Mozart of the 20th century concerning EM ??

If you like TD music then you are a fan.
That means it is not neccesary you have to like all the produced music.

I think I'm a fan :oops:

Peter
Well said. I was not involved with td music for 5-7 years (late 90's - mid 2000) and now I'm back. Everybody ask me "Where am I going this time on my trip?' I tell them "Over the pond to see Tangerine Dream." And almost 90% says "Oh I know Tangerine Dream. Are they still around?" Thats here in America. So the Dream still live on. At some point if you heard Tangerine Dream in your life then Tangerine Dream has touched you in some way. The late 70's till about mid 80's was my highlight years.

was a fan. . . . .still a fan.

Dreaming Now, Then. . . . .Forever
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
td fan

Post by td fan »

[/quote]
You know what you are going to get with modern TD - slick polished performances which don't vary much from concert to concert. Apart from Edgar announcing a reunion tour with Franke, Baumann and Schmoelling using only analogue gear, I can't see what else would satisfy the older fans! :wink: :wink: :wink:[/quote]

OK, but why organizing the concerts than? I guess purpose of concerts are live playing, live connection with funs...Can you imagine classical concerts or operas all m*i*m*e*d*? Sorry I can't. TD don't have to use analoge gear or reunite, they could improvise more, they are great musicians, they are capable to do that. And they can find a real drummer. Don't have to be Klaus Krieger ;)
td fan

Post by td fan »

tdream4ever wrote:I don't think we will ever hear the true TD sound again. Only on vinyl, cd's, mp3's, etc. I thought the same back in the early 2000's with the Dante series (vocals - yuk)
Don't be so pessimistic, I still have a hope ;) Inferno and Purgatorio are great but ruined by bad live performance (very bad live singing and bongos out of rhytm-yuk). But try to listen legendary TD sound in the background - superb.

Try to find instrumental versions of "As the Sun Moves Closer Towards Heaven" and "Justice of the Karma Law".
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

td fan wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:I don't think we will ever hear the true TD sound again. Only on vinyl, cd's, mp3's, etc. I thought the same back in the early 2000's with the Dante series (vocals - yuk)
Don't be so pessimistic, I still have a hope ;) Inferno and Purgatorio are great but ruined by bad live performance (very bad live singing and bongos out of rhytm-yuk). But try to listen legendary TD sound in the background - superb.

Try to find instrumental versions of "As the Sun Moves Closer Towards Heaven" and "Justice of the Karma Law".
Those two tracks are on Vintage Vanguard if anyone wants to hear them.

Insvims

Post by Insvims »

td fan wrote: I was in Berlin and I must say I'm very dissapointed. It is obvious that all "Phaedra farewell" shows were the same, TD pretended to play something (all I heard was matrix with saxophone, flute and percussions (maybe some violoncello but I didn't hear it honestly).

anymore.
Many of the things you don't like are things I really like with TD these days. If I wanted a band that sounded like a variation of the 1974 sound I would not have been a fan at all. What I like by TD is that it's a band that never stops evolving. They have been enjoyable for 45 years. Bands that try to sound like they once did I am not much interested in. If you want that, then stay home and listen to Phaedra once a day.
td fan

Post by td fan »

[/quote]
Many of the things you don't like are things I really like with TD these days. If I wanted a band that sounded like a variation of the 1974 sound I would not have been a fan at all. What I like by TD is that it's a band that never stops evolving. They have been enjoyable for 45 years. Bands that try to sound like they once did I am not much interested in. If you want that, then stay home and listen to Phaedra once a day.[/quote]

Actually I prefer Schmoelling era;) I agree with you but I'm annoyed by saxophone and bongos at the TD concerts. "Long Island Sunset" or "Oriental Haze" in almost every concert in last 25 years. Is this evolution?
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

The point to me: Is TD a band today? To me, it' s not. It was a band in the 70s and 80s, today it is a "project". Maybe call it the "Edgar Froese Project" (with Alan Parsons in mind...). There are 6 musicians on stage today, okay, but 90 % of all new compostions are from Edgar, the rest from Thorsten. This is not what I call a "band", the other musicians are replacable. Or would anyone go to a TD-concert if Edgar would say "sorry, I will no longer perform on stage, but here are the other guys...".

I am still a big fan of TD, I admire the new Chandra-Album, but I am not interested in Live-Shows, watching my idol of the 70s and 80s sitting behind his Computer.