"MEET & GREET" WITH THE BAND AFTER THE SHOWS....TOUR 2014

bigdaveh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: "MEET & GREET" WITH THE BAND AFTER THE SHOWS....TOUR 201

Post by bigdaveh »

I was just airing my view that it holds me back and seen others complain about the value for money and what it offers on at times. I look forward in taking this up with you at the fan meet and gig :twisted:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Tried not to get involved with this one but...

I can see how the language barrier has caused some misunderstanding here, for which Invsims has already explained. The 'pathetic' word in our typical use was incorrect.

But Dave, you can't have it all ways. It was only August when you posted that you'd just bought Rick Wakeman tickets. Obviously I don't understand your situation, but if you were unemployed back then, then your argument here is sort of null and void.

I've been in the 'unemployed' boat several times, so I feel your pain and wish you all the best of luck in finding something soon.

I'm sure we'll find a way for you to be there. :D
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

I haven't paid for the tickets for both RW and TD yet Glyn I have very good friends who have brought them for me and I have got to sell stuff to pay them back and I get money off a friend for Xmas and birthday THATS how I am paying to go see these concerts Glyn. Hoping sell my TD umberella and black TD tour jacket to put towards the cost of the concerts as well. So thats cleared that up yes :?: :?:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

bigdaveh wrote:I haven't paid for the tickets for both RW and TD yet Glyn I have very good friends who have brought them for me and I have got to sell stuff to pay them back and I get money off a friend for Xmas and birthday THATS how I am paying to go see these concerts Glyn. Hoping sell my TD umberella and black TD tour jacket to put towards the cost of the concerts as well. So thats cleared that up yes :?: :?:
Absolutely, like I said I understand your predicament. I've been there. I had to sell my car so that I didn't lose my house. Loved that car. :cry:

Trouble with forums is no-one really knows the full picture about everyone's circumstances (quite rightly), so when you (in all innocence) posted about the M&G it could have been misinterpreted. And was, I guess.

Fingers crossed something will come up so that you don't have to part with too much TD stuff.

Didn't mean to offend, but was trying to see (and possibly mitigate the damage) for both sides.

And I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick for the gig tickets, see how easy the forum makes things look different!
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Yep people don't know but me I'm always up for a good argument and putting people right :D At least we know each other Glyn the pompous ass who comment doesn't know me and my luv for TD over the years the trips abroad I have made when I could afford to go when I worked for 29years, pity he won't be there next year for me take it up with him :wink: SO anyone else wants a pop please bring it on I'm bored. :lol:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

O and NO disrespect to the TD band or people that work hard for them but I think it is just not worth it for me who can only go a concert when I can get the money together and I have missed out on many a good TD gig threw no money and carring for someone 24/7, I just see it as another way screw the fans out of money just like other artists do for VIP meet and greets. Having worked in the music industry through the 80's me and others would wait at a stage door and if the band want sign and meet the loyal fans they did at now extra cost. I have been a TD fan since 79/80 and have spent a lot of money through the years on them so think I have a right to voice my opinion. Has I said I have met the old band many times in the 80's and did 10/12 gigs on the 86 tour not met the newline up and chatted like others. :P
The Stoke TDBA Division.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

bigdaveh wrote:O and NO disrespect to the TD band or people that work hard for them but I think it is just not worth it for me who can only go a concert when I can get the money together and I have missed out on many a good TD gig threw no money and carring for someone 24/7, I just see it as another way screw the fans out of money just like other artists do for VIP meet and greets. Having worked in the music industry through the 80's me and others would wait at a stage door and if the band want sign and meet the loyal fans they did at now extra cost. I have been a TD fan since 79/80 and have spent a lot of money through the years on them so think I have a right to voice my opinion. Has I said I have met the old band many times in the 80's and did 10/12 gigs on the 86 tour not met the newline up and chatted like others. :P
So, I'm guessing your umbrella is from the 86 Le Parc tour then. Black and Yellow?
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Yes Glyn there is a pic on the TD site on FB and the tour jacket is a black band 1 not the blue they sold on the merch stall was given to me by Chris Franke in the dressing room after 1 of the gigs. pic on FB as well.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

bigdaveh wrote:Yes Glyn there is a pic on the TD site on FB and the tour jacket is a black band 1 not the blue they sold on the merch stall was given to me by Chris Franke in the dressing room after 1 of the gigs. pic on FB as well.
Wow! Not bad for 27 years old!
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

OO and sorry Glyn I confussed you with someone else who knows me well we don't know each other that well like I posted previous :oops:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

bigdaveh wrote:Yep people don't know but me I'm always up for a good argument and putting people right :D At least we know each other Glyn the pompous ass who comment doesn't know me and my luv for TD over the years the trips abroad I have made when I could afford to go when I worked for 29years, pity he won't be there next year for me take it up with him :wink: SO anyone else wants a pop please bring it on I'm bored. :lol:
Been reading this (and your next post) over a couple of times. Not sure I understand. There is so much missing punctuation here, so I could not really understand if you were talking about me or not. And since English is not my native language, it makes it even harder. Not sure who you call "pompous ass".
My point was just that it seemed you kind of blamed the band for giving club members an opportunity to meet the band, and that they should have done the same for you, because you had no money.
I have a club card, but don't think I will use it for backstage pass. And I will be at some concerts next year. So if you were at the same, I could give you my place in the backstage/meet & greet (not sure if that is allowed, though).
Well, I guess you two cleared things up in the rest of your posts.
And thanks for your understanding too, GlynRichards and redziller. It seems you got my point.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

bigdaveh wrote:OO and sorry Glyn I confussed you with someone else who knows me well we don't know each other that well like I posted previous :oops:
I KNOW YOU! :lol:
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

I hope this helps with translation.
Jepp folk vet ikke, men meg jeg er alltid opp for et godt argument og sette folk rett: D Minst vi kjenner hverandre Glyn pompøs ass som kommentar ikke kjenner meg og min kjærlighet til TD i løpet av årene turene utlandet jeg har gjort når jeg hadde råd til å gå da jeg jobbet for 29years, synd han ikke vil være der neste år for meg å ta det opp med ham: wink: SO noen andre ønsker en pop må du ta den på jeg kjeder meg. : lol:

O og ingen aktelse for TD band eller folk som jobber hardt for dem, men jeg tror det er bare ikke verdt det for meg som bare kan gå på konsert når jeg kan få pengene sammen og jeg har gått glipp av mang en god TD gig kastet ingen penger og omsorg for noen 24/7, jeg bare ser det som en annen måte skru ut viftene av penger akkurat som andre artister gjør for VIP møtes og hilser. Etter å ha jobbet i musikkbransjen gjennom 80-tallet meg og andre ville vente på et stadium døren, og hvis bandet vil signere og møte de lojale fans de gjorde på nå ekstra kostnad. Jeg har vært en TD fan siden 79/80 og har brukt mye penger gjennom årene på dem så tror jeg har en rett til å gi uttrykk for min mening. Har jeg sagt jeg har møtt den gamle bandet mange ganger på 80-tallet og fikk 10/12 spillejobber på 86 tour ikke møtte linjeskift opp og chattet som andre. : P

Og ja, jeg siktet til deg og tror du som en pop på folk.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
har

Post by har »

There really is no need for this. Seems to be a misunderstanding.

C'mon chill and go and stick some TD on 8) .
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

bigdaveh wrote:I hope this helps with translation.
Jepp folk vet ikke, men meg jeg er alltid opp for et godt argument og sette folk rett: D Minst vi kjenner hverandre Glyn pompøs ass som kommentar ikke kjenner meg og min kjærlighet til TD i løpet av årene turene utlandet jeg har gjort når jeg hadde råd til å gå da jeg jobbet for 29years, synd han ikke vil være der neste år for meg å ta det opp med ham: wink: SO noen andre ønsker en pop må du ta den på jeg kjeder meg. : lol:

O og ingen aktelse for TD band eller folk som jobber hardt for dem, men jeg tror det er bare ikke verdt det for meg som bare kan gå på konsert når jeg kan få pengene sammen og jeg har gått glipp av mang en god TD gig kastet ingen penger og omsorg for noen 24/7, jeg bare ser det som en annen måte skru ut viftene av penger akkurat som andre artister gjør for VIP møtes og hilser. Etter å ha jobbet i musikkbransjen gjennom 80-tallet meg og andre ville vente på et stadium døren, og hvis bandet vil signere og møte de lojale fans de gjorde på nå ekstra kostnad. Jeg har vært en TD fan siden 79/80 og har brukt mye penger gjennom årene på dem så tror jeg har en rett til å gi uttrykk for min mening. Har jeg sagt jeg har møtt den gamle bandet mange ganger på 80-tallet og fikk 10/12 spillejobber på 86 tour ikke møtte linjeskift opp og chattet som andre. : P

Og ja, jeg siktet til deg og tror du som en pop på folk.
You know what? This google translate is almost impossible to understand. I understood more of your English.
But if you added at the bottom there that it was me you called a "pompous ass" I must congratulate you on your manners. This must be the lowest I have ever seen in this forum. Unbelievable.
The only thing I said was that it seemed you blamed the band for taking pay for meet and greet? It seems some others here understood my point.
And that said, your post even had the administrator get back to you to make you understand. Does that tell you anything?
I should have known that it's almost impossible to express one meaning in here. I still hoped that it would not be met by someone calling me an "ass". How wrong I was.
Do you still want my place for the backstage pass?