Edgar interviewed on Jacobs TD blog

Ravnnet
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar interviewed on Jacobs TD blog

Post by Ravnnet »

Hi,

Please read this interesting interview http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/#category6 which Jacob Pertou did.

was there and it was great. So true Edgar words is.... :!:
TDludo

Re: Edgar interviewed on Jacobs TD blog

Post by TDludo »

That's a very interesting interview. Edgar's answers are always straight and without bull****...
Well done, Jacob ! :wink: 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Also read it last night. Very well done. Straight forward questions and straight forward answers. But it seemed like it was abruptly ended. Still very well done. Cheers to Jacob.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Interesting interview. Thanks for providing it 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Jon

Post by Jon »

This post is from the Film Score Monthly message board. Everyone doesn't agree with all EF is saying: :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is from the interview...

"Froese: I'm asked about the term "banana", in the fan community-hood. There are some comments: "Why are you re-recording things, which are so much better in its original form?" Yes, it's true. bananarama is not good, re-recording is terrible, and never ever in my life would I touch an original piece of music. Never, ever! But I had to do something, working against Virgin Records, or even Universal. We could spend millions on getting my masters back, or I could do re-recording. Tangentizing means, if you change an original mix a certain degree, by adding or changing effects on the piece, it's not the original master anymore, it's a new master, and you can release it to your own company."

You rarely see a rationalization so well-rehearsed or full of self-contradictions.
Virgin and, to a lesser extent, Universal, have been excellent custodians of TD's catalogue over the years. They, themselves, have never issued re-releases with misrepresentative packaging. They have, in fact, done their best to keep the original recordings in print.
Froese's attitude is completely illogical.

(And I call it "Froeseing". No need to sully the group name [or a derivation of] for something he chooses to do on his own.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

A fantastic interview. :)